Chapter 58- Confession!
426 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, Akira...want to walk around the park?" It was an anonymous request but I needed to say something to her and after returning to the mansion I might not get the chance.

The shopping spree continued for quite a while since not only formal but Akira bought me tens of casual wear along with shoes, watches, and whatnot. Even my undies...

I thought that maybe she would be tired and my sudden request would put her in the spot but...

"Why not? Minami~Next station, Central Park. "

She chirped with a full-bloom smile. Not even a speck of exhaustion in her voice told how energetic my ojou could be when it comes to things like these. Seriously, the person I have seen until now when I was working for her and the girl by my side currently could not be any more contradictory.

But I like this side of Akira as much as I do her serious type. Both selves of her hold a unique appeal.

Minami-san glared at me through the rear view mirror but I dodged it masterfully like I never saw that coming.

Regardless of what Minami-san wanted, the car came to a halt near Central Park which did not seem much crowded compared to usual days. Heck, even on working days people tend to spend some time here yet even today was a weekend I could barely see one or two people walking around.

Well, this setting is better than I could have asked for.

"Stay close to her. "

I nodded toward Minami-san who did not intend to follow us, fortunately, before I held Akira's hand and walked inside.

The sun painted the horizon with a beautiful shade with flocks returning to their homes in an arranged pattern. The surrounding was serene and there was a slight breeze passing by every once in a while, which went perfectly with the atmosphere.

I held Akira's warm and soft hand in mine as we strolled wordlessly for a while when she suddenly raised an unexpected query.

"...is everything alright, Haru-kun?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Don't worry, I am fine. It's just I am preparing myself since I want to confess something today."

Her feet halted for a bit and her eyes slightly widened but not even a second later she appeared to be back to her usual self.

True to my words, I wanted to tell her everything I desire to let her know, today.

"You know when I first met you, I thought there could be no one else more befitting to be your partner. Quite arrogant and self-absorbed kind of guy I was." This was a sensitive phase of her past but Akira remained calm.

I did not want to bring it up but I was tired of running away from it.

"I wanted to win you and thought no one can come in my way." I saw a man jogging in our way so I steadily put Akira to the inner end of the path to avoid any accidental clash of their shoulders.

I continued, "Things happened and when I ran away from my responsibilities, I realized I never deserved Akira Takahashi."

Now she did react as her hand clenched over mine and I could already sense her gaze of anxiety directed in my way.

I just smiled without looking at her and continued, "After my parents abandoned me, I was pretty much broken, both financially and emotionally. When I slept alone in an empty house, I more often thought about you and how much I regret my actions yet I never sought a way to apologize for what I did."

I turned my head in her direction before asking, "Do you know why?"

Akira blinked in perplexion before shaking her head.

I answered her truthfully, "Since I was a coward who feared that my voice record might pack me up in a cell. As you have already guessed, I am a scum down to my core." Although my chuckle at the end seemed unnatural in this situation, I needed to keep my cool and distract my messed up heart.

"No, Ha-"

"Wait Akira. Today, I would be confessing and I request you to hear it to the end."

I knew she would have rebuked my statement or might have said that my actions were practical but I did not want to hear it now and break down in the middle of my confession.

That phase of my life when my parents abandoned me, is a sensitive topic I have yet to tell anyone other than Akira.

She seemed reluctant but settled down before I smiled in gratitude before continuing, "The second time I met you felt like my world was flipped upside down. Many emotions welled up and if you may remember then I was rendered speechless for quite some time. Other than being scared I felt happy seeing you and at the same time, I was thrown into a daze at how beautiful you have become in the years I was not looking."

Akira tilted her head slightly which let her hair fall over her face but it didn't hide the small yet lovely smile she responded with. As I thought, she can take my breath away even with such small gestures.

Even though I wanted to enjoy the sight I knew Minami-san would grow restless as long as I keep Akira in this unguarded region.

Sighing I looked forward before my words flowed out, "When I began serving you, my heartbeat rose to its peak whenever you were around. You were my first and only love so it was given my feelings would resurface but I tried hard to suppress them. I knew where I stood and how much pain I had already inflicted on you and that much was enough reason for me to stay away from my mistress."

"I tried running away from you as well and reminded myself that Haruto could never be by Akira's side. But when you walked into my life yesterday, I realized something..."

I halted my feet and so did Akira before I held her other hand as well while we faced each other as I continued, "I have always come near you or ran away from you on my accordance. I never took your choice or desire into consideration at all, and I am gravely sorry for that. But let's not talk about that for now, rather... "

While holding her both hands I slowly planted both my knees on the ground before looking at her slightly moistened eyes as I let out the words I have been holding for some time now.

"Can you give me another chance to prove how good I could be as a partner? I might not be intelligent or talented like you but I know how to do house chores and I can make great omurice so for that sake are you willing to take me, Fumiya Haruto, as your lover?"

****

A/N: - I barely stopped myself from replacing 'lover' with 'husband'. It went like a marriage proposal so I initially thought, why not...

Anyway, drop a comment~

6