Chapter 59- Akira’s cooking?
340 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What happened, Haru-kun?" Akira nudged from my right as we stood facing the Takahashi mansion around eight in the evening.

After I confessed my love and told her what I truly feel about Akira, she began sobbing, to the point Minami-san had to arrive at the scene. It made me realize that despite Minami-san stayed back, she had her eyes on us since the start.

Akira then told me repeatedly how much she loves me before jumping for a hug and we happily returned home. On the way, Minami-san asked whether to enjoy this memorable day, we would like to have a dinner at restaurant but Akira discarded the idea since today she said she herself would make something good for me.

Though Minami-san's reaction to the announcement was a little concerning, I was excited to eat something made by Akira for the first time.

Now we were in front of the same mansion where despite being short, I have spent an unforgettable period.

"I just never thought, when I was walking away from this place, that there would be a time when I would return. But here I am... "

Truth be told with Kaede-san's help I would have remained hidden since it was Kaede-san's mother who involved herself in the matter and knowing that Akira's father also rejected my presence in Akira's life, I thought I would never stand in the place where I currently was.

But I think whatever happened was for a good cause since if not, I might never have realized how much Akira loves me.

"It was very lonely without you, Haru-kun. I was barely holding myself from running around and searching for you myself..."

The look on her face was so innocent and pure that it melted my heart. I couldn't even think how much she must have panicked after I left.

Just thinking about it makes me want to hold her once again but I need to refrain since there were many maids and butlers standing near the entrance, ready to greet Akira.

I just compensated with her hand as we made our way inside.

****

"Whaaaat? Classes? Again? " After we settled down on the couch, suddenly Minami-san dropped a bomb that I need to hurry up since there is something she needs to teach me.

"Yes. Two hours would be fine. "

"But I wanted to see Akira cook... " I genuinely wanted to enjoy the view of an apron-wearing Akira moving around the kitchen like a new housewife as I would have watched her from the dining table.

"No can do, Haru-kun. You need to learn what Minami has to say. Now be a good boy and go with her, alright?"

Strangely, Akira was also persistent in sending me away...or maybe she doesn't want me to see her cook?

From what I have speculated, Akira would have let me join her if I would have requested more than once. Yet....indeed something fishy.

Alright, I will play along for now, "Okay, Minami-san. I will join you in my room, just give me some minutes to wash up."

Minami-san nodded before I cheered up Akira and dashed away toward my room.

I had some pajamas left in the wardrobe which I forgot to pack in haste. I took a short shower and rejected the idea of immersing myself in the comfortable bathtub since Minami-san was waiting for me.

I hurriedly tied the bathrobe around my body before walking out, only to get startled.

"M-Minami-san? I haven't changed until now."

"Doesn't matter. Just take the seat since we don't have much time."

I swiftly moved toward the bed and covered myself with the blanket since the room was making me feel slightly shiver after the cold shower.

"You really don't get flustered ever, huh Minami-san?"

Apart from some countable expressions, I have never seen Minami-san reacting to any scenario. Just like now.

"You are only a kid to me so what's here to get panicked about?"

True...though I wonder, what kind of expression she makes in front of the one whom she loves.

It would be after a while when I would witness that side of Minami-san...

"Today, we are going to learn about the Takahashi family and most importantly, the people whom you will be meeting tomorrow."

My ears perked at the content of today's topic since more than anything, I want to have some knowledge about the prominent entities I would be representing myself in front of.

I found my notepad still resting on the desk by the bed, which I snatched and began noting down the important stuff.

Minami-san didn't dwell deep into the history of the clan since according to her, it would require at least a week's worth of time to learn everything about the Takahashi clan. We majorly focused on the patriarch, the relatives who are close to Akira, and of course, her uncle—Hinoki-san.

'I wish... I can apologize to him properly tomorrow... '

****

It really took two hours to note down the bullet points and understand things properly...well, almost everything since when I got into it, I realized how many facts I need to remember and how many things Minami-san was skipping over.

After changing clothes, I exited the room before walking toward the dining space...

...only to get shocked upon witnessing Akira's creation.

'This...'

*****

A/N: - Drop a comment if you liked the chapter~

I am intentionally taking it slow, though it won't be prolonged for long. Maybe 5-6 more chapters?

6