Chapter 60- Best plush~
343 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Akira...?How did you-"

"Shhh...keep your voice down, Haru-kun otherwise the maid outside the door would hear you."

Well, that was surprising to hear that a maid was stationed before my room but more than that, I was startled to see Akira in my bed at this hour.

The dinner was impressive and fulfilling enough that everyone retired to bed early but now this sudden add-on in the bed instantly extinguished my drowsiness.

Lowering my voice, I tucked myself back in the blanket before whispering, "Why are you here?"

I wasn't able to see her face entirely but even so, I felt her mood darkened just now.

"Are you tired of me, Haru-kun?" More than a question, it felt like a warning that saying something mindlessly was not advisable here.

I placed my hand over hers under the cover before whispering my true thoughts in a gentler tone, "You are not a toy with which I can get tired, Akira. You are my love, someone dearest to me. How can you even think that I would not like you to have around me? I was just asking, why are you in my room at this hour? Is everything alright?"

It seemed her mood elevated as her stiff body relaxed. Still, I sometimes feel stressed and concerned at how randomly she can misunderstand my words if I don't speak clearly.

Hearing my words, Akira inched closer, the sheets rustled, and her body warmth made me even more comfortable than before.

"I was missing, Haru-kun. Can't wait for morning."

Alright, she's the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Seriously, we just said goodnight half an hour ago and Akira was already missing me? Well, truth be told after what happened between us in these previous twenty-four hours, I also wanted to stay longer with her but since I was too occupied with the meeting tomorrow, I didn't realize that Akira needed my attention.

I slowly crawled toward her, encircling her thin curved waist I pulled the girl into my arms and only stopped when I ensured that our bodies were firmly pressed against each other.

From her citric fragrance, I could tell Akira just took a bath before coming here, and adding it to the suppleness she naturally carries, I felt the plushie couldn't be any more comfortable.

I bathed in her fragrance and warmth while listening to her heightened breath. Her hand crawled toward the back of my head and mine roamed all over her back.

"Haru..."

Her coquettish voice didn't help but only elevated my desire as I was pushed to the brink of letting go of my restraint. But remembering Minami-san's cold gaze I broke out of my heat.

It took a lot for me to control myself here. After all, as a teenage male raging with hormones and who recently got the taste of the ultimate form of love, it could be called a miracle that in this situation with such a vulnerably beautiful girl in my arm, I still was reluctant to do the deed.

"Not today, Akira...Let's take this step by step and get your family's permission tomorrow before we can once again cross the line, alright?"

I have already hastened up a lot of things in my relationship with Akira. If possible I now want to do everything properly.

I want to date Akira like a normal couple. Take her to movies and amusement parks and also go on a trip with her. There's a lot to do and I do not want to skip any of it.

Akira remained briefly silent before her whisper arrived in my ears, "Haru-kun...I love you..."

I blinked in surprise before tilting my head to look into her eyes as I asked, "Why so suddenly?"

Akira grinned at that with her eyes going crescent as she replied, "Just felt like it."

Seriously, this girl says the most random thing without telling me what's going on with this little head of hers.

Enveloped in her warmth I didn't know when I fell asleep while chatting with her. Maybe it was better that Akira came to me tonight since without her, I might not have been able to sleep, considering what was about to come tomorrow...

****

[Next day]

[Minami's POV:]

"Aren't you getting a little too nervous? It's not like they are going to devour you." I couldn't help but voice out my thoughts in a stern manner at the panicking Haruto-kun who have been pacing around the room since morning.

The guests have already arrived by eleven including the Lord which meant Haruto-kun would have to report to the table soon as well.

"What should I do, Minami-san? What if they don't like me and take Akira away from me?"

If only he knew how impossible of a task it was to take Ojou-sama away from her beloved Haru-kun.

But now I feel slightly bad for scolding him since not only Hinoki-sama and Rihito-sama were here but Hinoki-sama's wife, Yumiko-sama who has been like a parental figure to Ojou-sama along with Akira-sama's cousin who is extremely fond of the Ojou is also here.

The common thing among all of these people was that each of them was too close to Ojou-sama and that factor would put Haruto-kun under a lot of pressure.

"Alright listen to me carefully." I placed my hands over his shoulders to make him halt in his march before I spoke in a gentler tone, "You already know that they all love Ojou-sama more than anyone, right? That is why they were invited today in the first place."

Haruto-kun nodded, already aware of the fact. There were many in the Takahashi family but very few people are there who genuinely care for the family. And those people are currently chatting in the main hall.

I continued and told Haruto-kun his biggest ally in the matter, "No one would ever like to get on Ojou-sama's bad side so the chances for you to get rejected by them already diminishes by plenty, right? So just remain by Akira-sama's side and no one would get a single chance to pick on you."

Akira-sama is obsessed with Haruto-kun to the point where she could leave anything and anyone to remain by his side. Even if the family members reject Haruto-kun because of some unknown reasons, there would be no change in the life of Akira and Haruto.

It seemed my words worked on Haruto-kun since his previous anxiety-marring face brightened up slightly, but soon he regained his calm before speaking in a more composed tone, "No, Minami-san. I don't want to rely on Akira for this. I want to face this challenge alone and get permission to officially date Akira in my own way. I might be nervous but I know I wouldn't ruin this one. I swear."

There was a gleam of unwavering determination in his eyes which made me dazed for a bit. Whether Haruto-kun was being overly dramatic here or it was just his pure instincts, there was something that changed in my perception of Haruto-kun today.

I now think that he might be a tad bit worthy to be with Ojou-sama but that doesn't matter anymore.

Now it was time for the final round.

Meeting the family.

****

A/N: - Drop a comment and wish him luck.

5