Chapter 61- Apology
330 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Akira's POV: ]

'Haru-kun must be nervous right now... '

I was along with my family members in the main hall, chatting with them.

I thought that other than my uncle, no one would come since they all have their own busy life but...

"So when would the bride show her face? I mean, the way Haruto has been hiding until now, I have a feeling that we may have scared him or something."

I glared at my cousin for saying such rude things about Haruto-kun but it doesn't seem my glare mattered much to her.

"Stop teasing her, Raiha. You know Aki-chan is sensitive when it comes to Haruto-kun~"Chimed my aunt who was equally enjoying this along with her daughter.

Seriously, what do these ladies get from saying such immature stuff and thinking that I would get offended?

I am Akira Takahashi, a brilliant mind who was destined to shine brightly in the future and-

"I don't know what I might do if Haruto turns out just to my taste. Just pray, Akira. "

Alright...this cousin of mine is talking a lot.

"Listen Raiha. Haru-kun is soon going to become your brother-in-law so behave in front of him, alright?"

I sternly spoke to my sister only to get neglected as she turned her head and fake whistled while playing ignorant.

"Listen, Rahia-"

"Alright, alright. I understand. But where is he? How long would I have to wait to finally meet this infamous Haruto-kun?"

My finger, which was raised in Raiha's direction lost its stiffness as I also began worrying about Haru-kun. He was nervous that much I knew but I carefully didn't check up on him this morning after I left his room.

'He didn't faint....right?'

Anxiety surged in my consciousness before I got up, intending to check up on him when suddenly I saw a familiar person walking in my direction with a small smile curling his lips.

I was about to walk up to him when suddenly someone beat me to it.

"So you are Haruto-kun, huh? Hmmm... "

I just now told this girl to not be rude to Haru-kun yet she obstructed his way and now was getting a little too close in the name of inspecting him.

Back off!

"Height seems fine. Face a bit above average. Nose, hmm alright. Li-"

*GRAB*

I brought my hand and clutched my dear sister's shoulder before she could say something out of my tolerance range.

"Rahia-chan~How about you stop messing with Haru-kun and let him sit first? "

With a horrified smile and face already turned pale, Raiha nodded stiffly before she stepped aside.

"It's alright, Akira. Don't be so hard on your sister. "

*Ba*Dum*

No fair, Haru-kun. First, you are looking so dangerously handsome and now siding with my sister when you were supposed to be by my side all the time.

I can pout any moment, you know.

Regardless of my inner turmoil, I nodded before we all walked back toward the main hall where Aunt Yumiko was enjoying the spectacle until now with a teasing smile on her face.

"You guys never stop bantering, do you? "

Whether she voluntarily pretends to be ignorant or what, but aunt, I was clearly threatening your daughter just now.

Raiha-chan is surely someone precious to me, but getting near Haru-kun is something even my father is not allowed to do.

"So Haru-kun. I have heard a lot about you until now. Many things on which I would love to have a private chat with you... " Haru-kun's expression faltered at that but he didn't back away as aunt continued, "...but let's get to the bright side for now. I am glad that you got together with Aki-chan."

Haru-kun remained frozen for a bit which made me tense but before I could say anything to handle the situation, Haru-kun grasped my hand in gesture me to remain silent as he replied in his normal tone.

"It's thanks to Akira that now I know how much I love her. "

Whether it was an honest answer or not, hearing that Haru-kun needs me was fulfilling enough.

Aunt was about to say something more when suddenly two familiar men approached us.

Haru-kun turned toward them before Father and Uncle Hinoki halted some meters away from him.

The silence was heavy between the three but soon the stillness was dissipated as Haru-kun suddenly bowed and apologized.

"For whatever happened last time, I am deeply apologetic about it, Hinoki-san."

I looked at Haru-kun in surprise and a bit, concern. He must be under too much pressure being directed by the wary gazes of my uncle and aunt yet he collected himself and decided to apologize first.

I could feel his emotions through our connected hands. The way he was clutching my hand showed how nervous he was here yet just for my sake, Haru-kun resolved himself to face everyone without backing off.

My love for him only elevated beyond boundless.

I looked at Uncle Hinoki with a pleading gaze before his eyes softened. He was struggling with what to say since it seemed he didn't intend to forgive Haru-kun just now. But under my innocent eye tactics, I knew he would surrender.

"A-Alright, now raise your head boy. Not like I needed your apology in the first place. "

I giggled slightly at the tsundere display of my uncle. Haru-kun also raised his head with a slightly surprised expression but seeing that Uncle Hinoki was no longer glaring at him, his shoulder relaxed.

Now it was my father who spoke, gathering everyone's attention.

"Now let's have some lunch. We would continue our chat there. "

Now it was time for the final chat with Dad. If things go the way I want then I would ask his permission for the marriage today already.

Haru-kun might want to wait for graduation but I simply cannot.

*****

A/N: - Maybe two more chapters and we would reach the end.

Drop a comment if you are hyped for the next chapter~

5