Chapter 63- …why?
331 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hacking every single camera of Takahashi mansion and deploying over two dozen goons so the guards could remain engaged and kidnapping Haruto amidst the chaos...indeed the heir of Shimazu forged all his remaining fortune in this.

However, he forgot who Akira is. After suffering once Akira planted microchip trackers in Haruto's every clothing which includes the suit he was wearing today as well.

Akira was regretful and annoyed of herself that she wasn't able to save Haruto from getting abducted from right by her side but she wouldn't let him get harmed by the blond pest at all.

It goes without saying that her whole family was supporting her this time so locating Haruto wasn't a work worth mentioning.

However, as per what her uncle said, taking any action when they are in the car might cost Haruto adversely. If the Shimazu heir can afford to abduct a Takahashi family member then apparently he must have a gun with him as well.

Akira didn't want to take risks that's why it was decided that they would wait for Kazuko to reach the warehouse. The location of the warehouse was extracted from one of the goons who turned out to be Kazuko's butler.

Regardless, Akira wanted nothing more than to snatch Haruto back and provide that bastard with that kind of torture where he would beg to be killed.

Akira thought that she would remain calm-minded as her uncle asked her to be but when she saw the bruised and wounded face of Haruto, she lost her cool.

"Y-You...how dare you hurt Haru-kun!!"

Kazuko wasn't just bewildered because of being caught this soon but he was shocked hearing Akira shouting for the first time. Such extreme emotion...but it wasn't for him rather because of him...

Kazuko's anxiety turned into rage as he pulled Haruto before locking his arm around Haruto's neck and pointing the gun right beside the victim's temple.

"This much is nothing in comparison to what I am going to do next."

The madness on Kazuko's face tells more than his words. He really doesn't care about his life anymore. He just wants to kill Haruto.

His bloodshot eyes watched how Akira's facial expression shifted from rage to shock.

Seeing how terrified she was to the point of tears, this time Kazuko didn't feel annoyed rather his heart began beating like never before. He was hurt. The stinging sensation in his heart reminded him of the future which now never could become a reality.

"Seriously, what does this guy have in him that you love him so much Akira? I could have given you the same thing or maybe more if only you have given me a chance..."Kazuko did have a past but he changed himself with time and for Akira he was ready to do anything beyond his capabilities until she could have remained by his side.

He wanted nothing from her family or clan. He could have left his luxurious life and could have worked in some black company as well, to fulfill Akira's demands. Only if she would smile at him and remain by his side for the rest of their life, Kazuko would have remained the happiest.

But...

"This guy has stolen everything from me, Akira. And now I am going to-huh?"

Suddenly Kazuko's voice choked as he found flashes over him.

Turning his gaze, he found several red dots over his head and face. He could vaguely feel that these red dots were spread across his back and shoulder as well.

'Snipers...?! When did they....wait, Albert!!!' Cursing his butler inwardly, Kazuko once again directed his gaze at Akira but in place of shock, her expression turned into a sadistic glee.

"Why don't you try to pull that trigger now? Rather, at least move your finger even an inch for the starter and see what colorful fireworks would descend upon you."

Kazuko gulped at that with a thick stream of sweat sliding down his head.

He knew Akira wasn't joking. Kazuko might have accepted death if he could have killed Haruto but now it seems impossible to pull the trigger.

"Now be a good dog and hand over that toy alright?"

Kazuko sensed someone approaching from behind before his gun was extracted with his arms commanded to be raised in the air.

Haruto wanted to say something about Kazuko but in the end, he didn't.

His priority lay on the girl who despite having that smile couldn't hide the tears of apprehension she was suppressing.

With a smile, Haruto began slowly walking toward Akira and so did the latter.

Even though only some hours have passed Haruto feels it already has been months since he saw her. He didn't want to separate from her anymore and thinking about how much she might have cried if something was to happen to him, made Haruto feel like a boulder has dropped on his heart.

'I never knew I can feel this much happiness just upon seeing her... '

Just a meter or two and Haruto would have found himself embracing his favorite person.

But...

**BANG**

Akira's eyes widened as the sound of a gun reverberated across the hall.

However, Haruto didn't have to turn to look at where the bullet was directed, since soon he found his vision darkening and body no longer listening to his heed.

The last thing Haruto saw was Akira's panicking expression and how hurriedly she was advancing toward him before he collapsed...uncertain whether he would be able to see Akira again or not.

****

A/N: - 12th July 2023. He'll be missed.

Drop a comment~

5