Chapter 66- I love you
405 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been some months now, since that incident. It took me only a month to recover and get back on my feet, all healthy and restrain-free.

After I talked with my parents for so long, we began meeting often. They started their cafe in France and of course, couldn't remain in Japan forever. I have decided that I would visit them with Akira, next summer vacation.

I once again had a meeting with Akira's family but this time it wasn't awkward and somehow I felt accepted by them. Like the barrier which was separating the Takahashi family, suddenly disappeared.

Regardless, I was happy to be on good terms with them.

But there was still someone important I haven't introduced myself to.

"Akira. Let's go. "

I urged Akira in a low tone who was sitting like a frozen statue on the seat.

Well, the cold in December surely was harsh but the reason for her current status emerges from the place we have arrived at.

Akira nodded before we both got out of the car.

I looked at the complicated gaze of Akira which had a blend of sorrow and nostalgia.

"Let's not keep her waiting."

I whispered in a gentle tone before I held her hand which was covered with a glove. Today was extremely cold compared to the other days.

Well, Christmas was nearing so of course the winters would get fierce by the date.

Akira began to walk with me in tow as we passed by many gravestones to reach a specific one which had a wreath arranged over it and many dried-up roses scattered around.

"Hey, Mom. How have you been? "Akira spoke up as she began to clean up the gravestone. I also helped her.

"Sorry for not visiting you recently. Blame a certain someone to keep me troubled chasing after him. "Akira nudged me slightly with a smile to which I gave her a cheeky grin.

I took the job of pushing away the snow before we both knelt in front of the grave and prayed for the peace of her soul. Akira seemed rather casual while talking to her mother like she was right in front of her.

It made me both, emotional and elated.

Well, it was given that I would be feeling sad to see Akira being in such a complicated situation where she was barely holding her tears and trying to remain calm. And happy since Akira brought me to meet someone so important to her.

We washed the grave together and cleaned up the place before placing the flowers in place and praying again for her soul to rest in peace.

"Alright Mom, now for the introduction. You already must have known by now that this person is the one whom I love so I won't keep on hiding it. Just please bless us so that we remain together forever and keep on visiting you like this for many years to come. "

Just as I was thinking of introducing myself Akira beat me to it. I glared at her brashness before I formally introduced myself to the person both Akira and Rihito-san love a lot.

"It may be late, but I would like to formally introduce myself, Mirai-san. I, Haruto Shozio have been dating your daughter for some months and would like to ask for your blessings so that our relationship could remain harmonious and last until the very end of our lives. "

I slightly bowed my head and found Akira also did the same, albeit a little startled. I genuinely felt like I was standing in front of a warm person who was gazing at us with love and affection.

It felt so right to hold Akira's hand right now and be here with her that I felt everything happening with me for the past two years now was a challenge to reward me with this moment.

I felt complete.

***

After exiting the graveyard we rode the car which for some reason wasn't going toward the mansion but I was so occupied with my girl that I didn't mind where we were going at all.

We snuggled closely inside a blanket that Akira pulled out of nowhere. Since the midsection of the car was entirely blocked there was no chance of the driver to peek at us. And when the person driving the car was Minami-san herself, I had no insecurity about our privacy.

"Mm~" Akira felt so soft and warm in my arms that I wasn't able to help to squeeze her even tighter. Her lips were so soft that I couldn't help pecking at them every now and then. She is just so lovable...

"Haru-kun always makes my lips puffy. "Her pout earned her a little kiss on the cheek as well before I asked in a whisper, "So should I stop-"

Before I could finish my sentence a fierce smack made my speech broken. She kept pressing her lips against mine for some seconds before replying to my unspoken query, "No, don't even think of stopping. Just love me like you do. "

Our flirting and teasing continued for half an hour before the car came to a halt.

I peeked out of the window before my body froze and my eyes slightly widened. I didn't know for how long I was like that since soon I found Akira standing outside the door with her hand holding mine, urging me to get out.

"Come let's go, Haru-kun. "

We were...at the place where it all started. The school where I for the first time met Akira.

"A-Akira this... "I stuttered slightly since this place was accursed for Akira. Somewhere she shouldn't have ever returned that many negative memories she harbors...and all of it because of me.

"Don't worry, Haru-kun. I have long gotten over those days...what I want from this place is... "

As she trailed off I finally noticed where she brought me to.

Although there were no pink leaves surrounding the background like at that time nor the wind was as warm and gentle as it was all those years ago, I couldn't be mistaken about this spot.

"You remember Haru-kun...this was the place where you confessed your love for me and I had to reject you at that time even though I wished otherwise. "

I dumbly nodded at that before with a shy smile she continued, "C-Can you...a-ask me out again? Pretty please? "

This girl...why is so darn adorable? I mean, we have already done things that generally people consider doing at a very later stage of their relationship yet Akira was fidgeting and blushing like it was the first time I was going to confess to her.

I chuckled slightly before complying with me Ojou's request.

To keep things proper, I didn't kneel on the ground, and with my hands inside my pockets I casually asked her, "Hey, I kinda like you. Wanna go out?"

Akira nearly squealed at the display which was befitting my past self. However, unlike in the past Akira didn't remain cold and indifferent , and with a high smile she jumped toward me for a hug before the answer I awaited at that time and also right now, arrived.

"Yes...yes, I would love to. Please take care of me Haru-kun! "

****

A/N: - It took me three days to write the chapter. It was hard for me to end the story since like my other fiction of mine I was attached to this one as well.

Anyway, I am thinking of adding after stories of their marriage life. Drop a comment if you are excited ~

8