8
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: The Fight

The two ran into a cave. The cave was big. It was deep. The entrance was big. It was scary. The two ran into the cave. The cave had a small opening. It was small. It was dark. There was a little light. The cave was a long way to go.

The two Minimizers had their swords drawn. They were ready for anything. They ran further into the cave. So it felt like they were running for hours. running hours

stopped.

"A mountain lion!" one of them shouted.

The two Minimizers began to run back to the entrance. They were scared. They didn't know what a mountain lion was.

A mountain lion is a big cat. They live in the mountains of North America. They are extremely dangerous. They will bite you. They will scratch you. They will kill you. They are powerful predators. If there's a mountain lion in the cave, there's no way the two Minimizers can survive.

However, the two Minimizers stopped at the entrance to the cave. They turned. They started to fight. They fought with their swords. They fought with their fists. They fought with their feet. They fought with their teeth. They fought with their claws. They fought with their daggers. They fought with anything they could reach.

They fought for an eternity.

So the mountain lion entered the cave.

The mountain lion walked towards the two

Chapter 10: Mattos Dilemma

Mattos had been running for hours. He could barely keep his head up. The forest was dark and his vision was blurry. His legs felt like Jell-O. The only thing keeping him alive was the hope of finding something to eat.

Then, he came across a house. It was a little house. It was hardly bigger than his room in the palace. It had a thatched roof. There were some embers burning in the fireplace. The fireplace was the only source of light. There was no door, no windows.

Mattos knocked on the door. He waited for an answer. He knocked again. He waited. He knocked once more. He waited. Then he heard someone approaching the door. The door opened.

A woman was standing in the doorway. She was wearing a rag dress. His long black hair was matted with blood and gore. She had a big cut on her forehead. She had a longsword slung over her shoulder.

"I'm looking for a healer," said Mattos.

"We don't have one," the woman said. "The men who came here took them all. They slaughtered them all."

"I need to find a healer," said Mattos. "This is an emergency."

"I know," said the woman. "I'm a healer. It's an emergency for me too."

She stepped aside to reveal a bed in the corner of the house. A man was sleeping on the bed. He was bleeding profusely. A bowl of water and a cloth were beside the bed.

"What can I do?" she asked.

"I need your help," said Mattos.

"I am a healer," she said. "This is what I do."

"This man," said Mattos. "I need to save him."

"I understand," said the woman. "You're right. It's an emergency. But this man? He's a traitor. He killed our own people. The men who took him did it for us. We're not going to help him. You need to kill him."

"I can't do that," Mattos said. "I need to save him. Please, I need your help."

"I'm sorry," the woman said. "He's going to die anyway. I can't save him."

"Who are you?" Mattos asked.

"I'm the woman who lives here," she said.

What is your name says Mattos?

"I'm Mattos. I'm a friend of the king. I was running away from the people who came here and killed everyone."

"They took everyone," the woman said. "There were two people here. They were my husband and my son. They are dead."

"Who are these men?"

"They're the ones who came here looking for a healer. I told them there was no one here, but they wouldn't listen. They massacred everyone in this village. They took everyone away. They took my husband and my son."

"I'm sorry," Mattos said. "I can't believe this. You must have some idea what they look like."

"I only saw them from afar. They wore robes. They wore metal masks. But, I know who they are. They are the people who came here looking for a healer. My husband and son are dead because of them."

Mattos looked at the woman, but she didn't want to make eye contact.

"I promise you, I will find out who did this," Mattos said. "I'll find out who came here looking for a healer. And they'll pay for what they did."

"They will," said the woman. "I know they will. And so do I."

Mattos took the bowl of water and the cloth. He approached the man on the bed. He washed the cut on the man's head. he cleaned

Woman: by the way my name is Sandra, and I'll be very happy to help you, but we have to get out of here.

Mattos: I know, but I need to find out who did this to you.

Sandra: I understand. But we have to get out of here. We have to save ourselves.

Mattos: I'll save you. I will save you all.

Sandra: Come on, we have to go

0