11
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13

Fargrim Holderhek had never been good at anything. He was an average dwarf, with an average build, average features, and an average personality. He was average in every way, and had never stood out.

He was average until he was selected, at a very young age, to become a spear-bearer to Fargrim I, the first King of Nordgaard. Fargrim I was so young when he became king that he had no memory at all of what his life was like before he took the throne. As a result, he was extremely kind, and extremely generous, and extremely trusting, and extremely innocent. And that, combined with his youth, made him the most average of all dwarves.

The first thing he did after he came into power was to call for a council, and he called for it to be a very big council. He wanted all of the dwarves of the planet Nordgaard to attend, not just the faction leaders, but also the miners, and the farmers, and the servants, and everyone. And he sent out invitations to every dwarf on the planet.

Fargrim I wanted to show the people of Nordgaard that they were special, he was special, and that they were loved. And he wanted to prove that the dwarves were not monsters, and that they were just as much human as the people of Earth.

The council was a huge event, held on a huge plateau overlooking the largest ocean in the world. The sea was called the Glorith Ocean, and it was the second largest ocean in the world, after the Great Dal, which was in the southern hemisphere.

Fargrim I had a large wooden palace built on the plateau, with a large throne room. The palace was large enough to house a thousand dwarves. And it was large enough to house two. One of the dwarves, a dwarf called Enecloiv, was made the "Guestmaster", and he was in charge of making sure that all the dwarves had enough to eat, and that they were comfortable.

When the first week of the council was over, the king had brought the issues of the council to a close. The council had voted unanimously to make Nordgaard a separate faction in the order of the Drego Serenity, and had voted unanimously to have a "Guestmaster" to oversee the running of the council. Enecloiv was very happy about this, because he loved the taste of squirrel and he wanted to eat some more.

All of the dwarves were also happy, because they felt that there was a better chance of them getting what they wanted, from now on, if they worked together.

The king, Fargrim I, felt that it would be more efficient, to run the council this way. The king would still be in charge. The council still had to obey him, and he would still be there for their meetings. But the dwarves no longer had to obey him in their dealings with one another. He was just there as a figurehead, to remind them of who was in charge.

There were some problems with this, though. Most of the dwarves felt it was a good thing to have a leader, to unite them. They would feel less like a threat if they felt like a group of dwarves instead of a group of factions. They thought that it would be more efficient for the purposes of galactic war if they could work together, so that they would be able to defeat the humans and the elves easier, as well as the other races.

The king, though, was worried. He knew that the more factions there were, the less likely it was that anyone would unite them. He did not want the Lonzstarry order to become the King of all factions.

So he decided to put a stop to it. He went back to the council, and he told the dwarves that if they did not vote unanimously for a new Guestmaster, he would kill everyone.

So the dwarves went back to the council the next day, and they had a huge feast that they planned to have after the council was over.

That night, the king had the first part of the feast prepared. The dwarves ate that, and it was delicious. Then the king had the second part of the feast prepared, and the dwarves ate that as well.

But when it was time for the feast to end, they found out that there was a catch. The king told them that the feast was not yet finished, that the feast was just the first part of the feast.

There was a huge celebration planned for that night.

The king had invited every citizen of Nordgaard to the celebration. The celebration was going to be held in the center of the city, a large wooden stadium that could hold one hundred thousand people

0