Chapter 34: A Crazy Vow
270 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

[Word Count 1410]

When I opened the door, I found her there standing and subtly smiling foolishly.

What was making her that happy?

"Yo," I greeted her like a punk.

"Sup. Are you going to keep standing at the door or are you going to let me in?" She scolded me playfully.

I frowned a little bit. "Come in." 

I opened the door wide enough for her to pass.

She chuckled as she intentionally brushed past me, making sure that I got a wisp of her sweet, feminine scent.

I groaned as I closed the door.

We were now all alone in my lab, away from unnecessary distractions.

She seemed to be interested in my laboratory as her eyes scanned everything in the vicinity.

Her gaze was then glued on the Kaiju drone prototype. 

She walked silently toward the bench and gazed at it more closely.

Just as she was about to…

"Don't. Touch. Anything," I warned as I walked toward her.

"Oh sorry. I was just lost in the beauty of this creation. I can't believe you made something like this," she apologized while airing out her admiration for one of my toys.

"I normally don't like people trying to touch my stuff but I warned you because that thing could potentially give you cancer," I said with a grim expression but in my mind's eyes, I was smiling like crazy.

Jennie sprang away from the workbench like a scared kitty with a horrified expression on her face.

"Holy shit, I don't wanna die young."

I couldn't take it anymore and laughed my ass off. 

"You look like one of the early characters to die in a horror movie right now."

She eyed me in displeasure and grumbled like a whiny kid.

Realization set in her eyes immediately.

She had been cheated on.

"You are a bastard just like how I had predicted," she scoffed before her expression returned to normal.

I released a fake cough. "That, I know, hun."

I then put my hands in the front pockets of my lab coat.

"So…"

"So…" She repeated after me while crossing her arms just underneath her perfect C-cups.

"What did you want to talk about?" I acted dumb.

"You are the one supposed to tell me," she retaliated.

'Her heart rate is normal," I deduced randomly.

'Let's see if you are going to retain that temper.'

I removed my hands from my pocket and bridged the distance between us, my body completely eclipsing hers.

Her heart rate increased due to my sudden instantaneous movement.

I was now only an arm's length away from her.

"Didn't I tell you that I don't need anything in return for saving your life?" I intensely looked at her.

To make my actions more dramatic and novel-like, I increased the brilliance of my eyes.

Show-off, I know.

That dumb action of mine worked well as the woman in front of me became mesmerized like prey under a vampire's compulsion.

"Earth to Jennie," I smiled and snapped my fingers in front of her face. 

It looked as if I was hypnotizing someone.

"Y-your eyes… they are glowing… so beautiful," she spoke slowly while her mind returned to reality.

"I know, right?" I flashed a smug smile.

"By the way, don't you think it's pretty much inappropriate to be alone with me in such a closed-off space?" I decided to tease her.

"A man and a woman, both in their prime, alone in a room. What do you think about that?" I neared her, slightly cornering her yet giving her enough space.

"I don't know. Doesn't it simply mean that they wanna just talk freely without being disturbed?" She giggled at my approach.

"Or could it be that you are the one thinking about something else entirely, er, Mr. El?" She then smirked with a knowing look on her beautiful face.

"Aren't you the one having 'unholy' thoughts? And here you are trying to shamelessly pin that on me," She continued with a victorious smile, much to my amusement.

'So that's how you want to play,' I thought.

I inched closer to her.

"Says the one person who was eyeing me and desecrating my saintly figure earlier on," I spoke in a low, deep voice that made her shiver but she did well to hide it.

"Hmph, you are one cocky man. You think too highly of yourself," she replied snarkily.

"Am I?" I touched her chin lightly before dropping my hand.

She looked disappointed by the lack of skin contact.

'Oh-ho would you look at that? Give them a little and they will keep wanting more.' 

"I am a bastard and I know it. I am that person that doesn't shy away from his dark side, Jen," I admitted.

"I embraced it all. I am greedy and if I see something that I want in front of my eyes, I would do anything to get it. I have no hesitation whatsoever."

"What are you talking about, mister… I-I suppose it should be doc now?" She chuckled nervously, her eyes looking everywhere but me.

"You know very well what I am talking about. Isn't this the type of talk you came looking for here?" I said in a vague tone.

"I really don't understand, my good doctor," She tried to joke around.

I smiled a little bit. Then smiled some more.

"You simply never cease to be funny Jen," I hovered my hand, mere inches from her cheek as if I was about to caress her but not daring to do so.

I didn't need to do anything as Jennie leaned herself to have her skin touching the palm of my hand.

She already craved it.

She had craved it ever since her eyes had laid upon me.

I saw all of it. The All-seeing eyes of god saw it all, ahem.

She unconsciously closed her eyes as she snuggled closer to my touch, trying to feel the warmth more and more.

'She looks like a pet right now,' I smiled to myself.

Then as if realizing her own blatant actions and blunder, she opened her eyes abruptly and embarrassedly shifted her face away from my hand.

"Why did you touch me, Kal?" She nervously asked me while looking at her feet, something that felt immensely interesting at the moment.

'She's a girl who seems bold but shy nonetheless.'

'And she likes drama. I can see it in her eyes.'

I decided to end this charade.

"Jennie, oh Jennie, do you know what I meant earlier about getting what you want if you want it so badly?" I gazed at her, embers of dominance and desire dancing in my vibrant blue eyes.

I inched closer, such that our bodies were now brushing but still not overcrowding her.

If she wanted to escape from me, then that's that.

I had no intention of playing around with her anymore.

"You want me?" I asked her gently. I had seen the raw need in her eyes since I don't know when.

"Stop trying to-" 

I forcefully held her chin and raised her beautiful face so that she had nowhere to look at but me only.

"Girl, if you want something just go for it. Be greedy."

"I will ask you one last time."

"Jen, what did you come here for? What was your real intention?" I said ever-so-slowly while brushing away a loose strand of blonde hair behind her sharp ear.

"I-I wanted to, you know, uh, see you, uh-" she stuttered horribly while blushing.

"You still are not true to yourself, I see." I removed my hold from her face.

"Until you tell me what you truly want and you are honest with your feelings, it's best you don't disturb me when I am busy," I said blandly, leaving her confused.

Her emotions were a jumbled mess.

"I…" she took a deep breath to calm herself.

I moved back to give much-needededed space.

'Wow, the mind game.'

"Okay okay, I will tell you," She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them up with a new resolution shining with them.

"I had vowed to marry the one who would save me when my consciousness was slowly fading away." 

"Even if they were women, I would have made a harem off 'em!"

What the-?!

I was stumped for words.

My ears…

'She's a nutcase.' That was my honest evaluation of her after hearing her explanation.

***

12