Chapter > 1: The Best Soldiers – Players!
507 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________


" You have one month to gather 100 soldiers. If you don't, your Commander title will be given to someone more capable." A stern older man said to a much younger man, who has golden hair and eyes.

" And just because you're an independent unit, doesn't mean you can slack off." The older man reminded the younger man, his face and voice still stren as ever.

" Aye Sir." The young man said, his voice lazy, making the older man's face twitch.

Sighing, he waved his hand," You are dismissed."

Leaving the Commander's Tent, the younger man's mind was in turmoil.

He isn't the same Michael Sacredhall.

He's not from this world.

A few hours ago, he woke in the body of Michael Sacredhall, the 3rd Son of the famous Sacredhall Duke Family. Because of his standing, the formal Michael went straight to Army and signed up as a Soldier for the Norman Kingdom.

Using pure skill and sheer determination, the formal Michael rose up the ranks like lightning. In only one month, he went from a common soldier to a 100-Man Commander.

However... Someone didn't like that and so they poisoned him, killing him...Or so they thought.

' Why me?'

Michael didn't think he'll be a victim of Transmigration. He, your normal high schooler who loves playing Total Warhammer never thought he'll be in another world that has some similarities to his favorite game.

He's a Gamer. He's not a Soldier. Sure he can lead any Faction or Lord and conquer the whole map. But, as he said, that's a - Game. He's just a high schooler behind a monitor. He's not a General or Strategies with hundreds of thousands of men under his control.

So... Why him?

By the time he got out of his thoughts, he was inside his new Commander's Tent. A white and golden Tent in the colors of the Sacredhall Family. A War table and a bed. That's all there was inside the Tent.

Even though he's from the Sacredhall Family, the Family themselves are not helping him. The former Michael wanted no help, and so his Family respected his wishes.

Pacing around, he didn't know what to do. How can he, an introvert gonna talk to people? He rather ride into battle himself, if he can, but he can't.

[ Ding! Multi-Dimensional Gamer System - Online! ]

Pulling Michael back to reality was an emotionless mechanical female voice that spoke inside his head.

Next was a floating blue box that appeared out of thin air in front of him.

' Eh? I have a goldenfinger?!'

Multi-Dimensional Gamer System? That sounds important!

[ With the aid of Me - The Multi-Dimensional Gamer System - the Host can summon living people from his home world. Their souls can pass through dimensions. The Host can then recreate the body of the summoned, establish a contract with them, and accept them as Host's Soldiers! ]

The [Multi-Dimensional Gamer System] is equivalent to a login device, if Michael understood the System.

After receiving the VR helmet sent by the System, the people from Earth could log in and travel to this world with their souls and enter the new body created by the System. Though, if one had a VR Gaming Console already, then it will work theirs too. 

For these people from his home planet, Michael fantasy world is like an online game!

Even if they were to die here, they wouldn’t truly die. Rather, their souls would return to the System and not go to heaven or the underworld.

Henceforth, he could seize control of the players’ their life and death with but a single thought. He didn’t need to worry about them betraying him.

They were simply the best tools…

Ahem! They are the best soldiers. Yes, soldiers.

Michael laughed and laughed harder at the sudden revelation.

He's basically a Demon offering contracts for an otherworldly gaming experience. And Gamers being Gamers, they would probably not even read the first few lines and immediately scroll down and accept the contract. Even Gamers who are bored out of their mind won't read the contract or look for the fine print.

" Commander Sacredhall? Are you okay?" Hearing the sudden mad laughter, a nice-looking Commander poked his head into Michael's tent.

" I'm better than okay!"

Michael messed up the Commander's neatly put-together hair and jumped on his black horse.

Watching Michael ride away, the Commander's lips twitched.

Two hours... It took him a whole two hours to fix his hair. Sure he's a Commander riding into battle - but damnit, he rather die with neat hair than messy hair!

" Is this why Mum says being good and nice is not the best?"

The Commander sighed amd walked back to his tent.

_______________________________________

21