Chapter > 3: First Batch Of Players!
375 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

When vision returned to Ivan, he was taken aback by the scene before him. From his view was that the game title [The Sacred Empire] glowing in holy yellow light in a circle in big yellow bold letters with green tree branches intertwine in it as it faded away.

What greeted Ivan next was that he is standing on top of a beautiful mountain with other smaller mountains all around him. Up here, he felt the wind caress him and the sun basking his body with warm light.

Everything before him was so realistic that he had to pinched himself to make sure he's not dreaming. Although he felt a slight pain from that. Ivan still almost convinced that the place was real.

Ivan was stunned by the whole setting before him. He bent down and picked up a fallen leaf, examining its patterns. Unexpectedly, the graphics were so clear and detailed that it left him a daze once more.

After some time Ivan nodded in satisfaction and got ready to pick his set up his character.

[ ~Player please choose your name~ ]

A beautiful motherly voice spoke into his ears. After some thinking, Ivan made up his mind.

' Let's go with my usual Gamertag name.'

[ Lord Of Shadows - is set as Name! ]

The landscape instantly changed. Now he is in an ancient Western Castle Throne Room. Sitting on the Throne was a blurry bright figure soothingly saying in a language that sounds like high-pitched gibberish. However, rather than feeling annoyed at the high pitch sound, Ivan suddenly felt at peace with himself. It felt like, even if he was the worst human alive who did unspeakable things, that burly bright figure will still forgive him and then comfort him for it. Like a Father or Mother, that's what that figure feels like to Ivan.

Ivan's eyes flashed with excitement. Not even a few minutes into the game and he's feeling like this. This overflowing joy and wonder at a Game. The last time he felt like this was when he started playing Battle Fantasy.

No.

The excitement is much higher. Battle Fantasy never made him feel like this. At the back of his mind and around his heart, the desire to learn more about The Sacred Empire was there, planting itself easily.

Why was it called The Sacred Empire? Why not Holy Empire or Light Empire?

Who is Michael Sacredhall? Why does he need him?

The desire burned brightly in Ivan's eyes and heart. He needs to know more. He will know more!

*...Rumble...*

Suddenly appearing from the ground was two stone realistic statues of a smiling young man and a woman. Both of them with commer-like brown clothing, the man holding a longsword and the woman holding a bow and arrow.

[ Pick a Race!
Note: Due to being in Version O.O.1, there is only One Race, available.

•[Human]: The Humans have become one of the most widespread race due to their ability to easily adapt to new environments and utilize newly discovered technologies. Humans are creatures that adapted to their environment. However, depending on the new situation they were placed in, the amount of time needed to adapt would change.

[Racial Skills]

Environment Adaptation(Level-0): Allows you to adapt to most Environments. The more you level up, the more powerful it will get.

Comprehending(Level-0): Allows you to Comprehend stuff, such as normal things and Magic or Weapon Skills. The more you level up, the more powerful it will get ]

Ivan's eyes gleamed as he read Racial Skills of the Human Race. It's pretty balanced and yet with more time, it can be overpowered as hell.

Take [Environment Adaptation] and [Comprehending] for example: What if he maxes out both skills? Would he be able to Adapt to everything and Comprehend God-like Spells and skills within a seconds?

It can't be that, right? Sure, it can't be that easy.

Ivan didn't know why, but he thinks his gut feeling is right.

[ Ding! You picked -Human- as your Race!

Yes/No ]

Saying yes, the Human Race stone statue trembled a few times.

Suddenly appearing in front of him was something he was familiar with; Character Characterization.

Unfortunately or fortunately, he could only play as a male.

When he scanned the Character Characterization, he found something that made him bust out and laugh.

He could change his dick size! Holy shit! This is the only VR Game he has ever played that has this opinion!

Being the meme he is, he maxed his dick size at 13 inches. Hell, His dick could be mistaken as an Orc one If it was green!

Following that, he made himself handsome to the best of his capability with raven black hair and bright purple eyes that shined like gems.

After fixing some more stuff, he was done.

[ Character Characterization is done?

Yes/No ]

Picking yes, the stone statue of blow up in pieces. It was like someone exploded it with C4.

What replaced it was a stone statue of a Human Knight. Their faces held up high with their longswords in their hands, as what looked like blood, coated it.

Ivan felt and heard his heartbeat, which shouldn't be possible in VR, but here he feels like he does in real life. If he didn't know better, he thought he had Transmigrated into another world, but the timer with the GameForce logo under it on the top right told him otherwise.

He didn't get Transmigrated, sadly. No, he's just playing a Game that makes it feel like he did, which is even better in his opinion.

[ Ding! Please pick a Class!
Note: Due to being in Version O.O.1, there is only One Class, available.

•[ Knight ]: The Knight Class is a proud, skilled melee Class who fights in the name of honor and chivalry. A Knight relies on more than a sharp sword and a stout suit of armor to defeat their foes. Their drive, determination, and fighting spirit allow them to control the battlefield in ways that others cannot match. A Knight can challenge an opponent to a duel, calling upon the foe's pride and ego to force their hand. The Knight's talent with heavy armor, shields, and defensive tactics grant them the ability to disrupt any of their foe's plans ]

Selecting the [Knight Class], his whole body glowed with golden energy that screamed both holy and divine. 

Ivan felt his blood and whole body scream with utter joy. He felt like he was being hugged by someone he loves.

When that feeling ended, he was somewhere else.

Surrounding him are the brightest green trees that can touch the sky and block out the sun.

*Clamp..*

Jumping up in shock, he turned around, seeing who or what touched his shoulder.

" Welcome Lord Of Shadows."

Standing before Lord Of Shadows was a handsome tall young man with a slender yet tough physique, soft white skin, and golden eyes. He has finely textured blonde hair that seems as if sprinkled with gold dust. His face shows some signs of kindness and elegance. He wears the standard armor of a knight. The armor parts are black in color, while the part of the tunic is golden. He also has a black and white hood attached to the back of the armor part of his neck.

" You must be Michael Sacredhall?" He didn't know why, but he already knew the answer.

" That is my name," The extremely handsome young man chuckled. A chuckle that made Lord Of Shadows glow with calmness," But please call me, Commander Sacredhall or just Commander."

" Yes Sir!" Lord Of Shadows saluted.

Appearing next in a flash of golden light was a handsome young man with short fiery red hair and eyes. His Gamertag read: Crimson Assassin.

Crimson Assassin looked in astonishment at the surroundings. After surveying the environment, he muttered, " Is the infection technology that advanced? I initially thought the game would feel fake, but it is actually real. My God, the game modeling, the quality of the materials, the feel of the skin, and its accompanying pain feel so real. Can it be adjusted…?"

Like an infection, the golden flashes of light spreaded all before Michael.

Another person like Crimson Assassin was shocked. He has short black hair and bright green eyes that sparkled with life. His Gamertag read: The Seer.

He can see! He can see! He can really see! He wasn't hallucinating when he was making his character and picking his race!

Tears of joy sprinkle down his face. He Can SEE!

In the corner of the one-hundred-man group were six tough middle-aged army-looking men staring at each other with shock.

" John, you have your right arm!"

" Jordan, you have your legs!"

" I have my arms again!"

" I can...hear?!"

" I can see in my right eye!"

" Hahaha! I have ten fingers again!"

" I have feet again!"

All the middle-aged squad members' eyes widen as they yelled in pure shock.

They... They are full again! It's like they have been reborn!

Throughout the Beta Testers, the System have gifted many unfortunate people second chances at life. Especially people with disabilities. About half the Beta Testers are such people. The other half are normal people and a few famous Gamers, like Lord Of Shadows. A balanced-out lineup.

Of course to normal people, [The Sacred Empire] is like another world for them.

Many dumbfounded comments rang out from them.

" God! What kind of technology is this? Who made this? What made this?!"

" Holy shit! What is this?! Did aliens develop this?!"

" This game is simply divine. The degree of realism is just amazing!”

" This scene alone has managed to crush Illusionary 6 Engine’s games to the ground! This game also gives a life-like tactile feedback experience. I can even feel the breeze and my heartbeat!"

" If I didn't know any better, then I think I'm in another world! Even Battle Fantasy can't do this!"

All 100 players looked at their environment in shock, because the place they were in didn’t really feel like a simulation being fed to them via the virtual helmet and capsule. It is simply all too real!

After they were done taking in the novel scenario, the players began to look at Michael who is in front of them, smiling calmly at them.

With that appearance, even the top male models would lose and bow in shame! Even the top female models would lose too! He's simply too handsome and beautiful. With his delicate and handsome face and his inexplicable aura that was calm and still as water - it was otherworldly. The closer players to Michael felt an aura of a soft blowing spring breeze, that made them calm and at peace with themselves.

Some Players couldn't believe their hearing and feeling.

A few Players even pinched their faces; Shit! It hurts!

Other Players picked up small stones and tossed them far. The stones landed in the distance, making a clear sound exactly like in reality.

There were even some players who tried jumping and landing heavily on the ground. They felt their hands and feet go slightly numb from the impact … their faces were filled with shock.

Many stood dumbly and thought to themselves.

Had they really just logged into a game? Was the theme of the game set to emulate real transmigration?

Michael's eyes shone green at his tools*cough* Soldiers. He was right. None of them took their time and read the [ Dream Contract ], that appears when they first log in.

The contract was riddled with a lot of extremely unfair terms.

For example, all the discoveries and gains the players received in the game must be handed over to Michael. In return, they would be rewarded for their Contribution Points to use. They couldn’t betray Michael, or go against him. Otherwise, they would explode.

There were over one hundred articles and clauses, all of which were long and convoluted. So all the Players just scrolled down to the bottom and said yes.

Michael had thought he would get a smart person who at least read it, but it seems his understanding of Gamers was right. It was boring, so they skipped it.

Now he really feels like a Demon!

Coughing inwardly, he outwardly hit his armor a few times to get the Players intention.

It didn't work. One-half of the Players were still marveling at their new limbs or new senses. The other half was still dumbfounded with wide eyes and an open mouth.

Seeing this, he smiled. It's good that they're happy. But, he needs to get this along.

So he hit harder.

*BANG!*

Immediately the players jumped up and obediently lined up like they were all in the army. The six formal soldiers who were actually in the army lined up in front of Michael, all of them having stony faces.

" Welcome my Warriors to the Sacred Legion. I am - Michael Sacredhall, But please call me, Commander Sacredhall or just Commander."

" Yes, Commander!"

Ivan yelled with the rest. His heart was beating and a huge smile on his face.

He knew...

He knows The Sacred Empire will be something he never experienced!

_______________________________________

17