Chapter > 4: First Quest-Clear Out The Titan Forest!
366 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

_________________________________________

| -- |

_________________________________________

In the Player Army of Michael, one had a face filled with excitement and gratitude. He is a handsome young man with silver hair and silver eyes.

His Gamertag read: SlimyFingers69.

In real life, outside of the new age of virtual reality that happened in 2025, he is paralyzed from the neck down. A drunk diver took his little brother and the feeling of his body from him a few months ago.

He just wanted to die. He just wanted to be with Noah. Noah needs his big brother.

To cope with the loss of his body and Noah, he played VR games. Especially, Best-Life. Best Life is a sandbox game that lets you basically live another life with full customization. In Best-Life, he has Noah back. He has everything back. His family doesn't look at him like it was his fault. His friends still talk to him. His Ex-girlfriend is still with him.

He has everything and...nothing at all. It's all fake. He knows that. But, Best-Life is the only thing keeping him alive.

However, in recent times, it has been not helping him. He just has this unspeakable rage in his heart. He needs to let it out.

Like many Gamers, most games he knows are rather dull and mechanical. It doesn't give him the same feeling as life will give him.

So he has been thinking of killing himself. What else can life give him? He has nothing. He is nothing.

He's not the same anymore. He changed.

Yet...

In the dark Abyss that is his mind, a shining light called out, while he was surfing the internet in Best-Life.

" What do you desire?

Money and Wealth?

Glory?

Honor and Pride? 

Authority and Power?

Revenge?

Or something that transcends all of  them? 

Whatever you desire - it is here in The Sacred Empire!"

So he joined the Game. He is the No.69 Beta Gamer of The Sacred Empire. A game that said it has it all.

In his last act as a human being on Earth, he will test it out.

" Yo Slimy, the Commander is talking."

Breaking him out of his thoughts was a Player next to him.

" Thanks." He nodded and looked on.

" Welcome my Warriors to the Sacred Legion. I am - Michael Sacredhall, But please call me, Commander Sacredhall or just Commander."

" Yes, Commander!"

Slimy yelled with the rest. He will find out if this world has something for him.

......

Nodding with a small smile, Michael was about to say something, but his System had other plans.

[ Ding! First Quest has been issued!

--

Main-Quest(Stage-1): Clear out the Greenskins in The Titan Forest.

Quest Targets: Eliminate 100 Greenskins | Eliminate 50 Dire Wolves.

Rewards: ???, 10 Reputation Points with Commander Sacredhall.

Time Limit: One Week ]

Upon seeing this, all Player's faces turned red with excitement. Some even started jumping up and down.

Is Main Quest this early? And mysterious rewards? The Game Developers are spoiling them too much!

However, they soon calmed down seeing Michael stare at them. A kind of stare that made some blush in shame.

' Shit.' Some of the Players cursed.

They got way too excited. What happens if Commander Sacredhall doesn't let them join the Quest?

And it's a Main Quest with mysterious rewards!

Ah! They cursed their luck again.

How unlucky!

Or not... Because the next words out of Michael's mouth made them smile.

" I get that you are excited. I am too. So I won't punish you. Just let it be a reminder, okay?"

They all saluted.

" Yes, Commander!"

The Players who yelled or jumped thanked their lucky stars. So even started praying amd thanking whatever God they believe in.

" You have One Week. Gook luck my Warriors of the Sacred Legion."

Seeing them still stand, he chuckled.

" That means you can move, now. Your first Quest has officially started. May the Gods watch over you."

In that instant - Hell broke loose!

About half Players started running into the forest and the others yelled around, wanting to team up.

Watching this from his horse, Michael smiled. A smile, full of hidden meaning that makes one heart ache, seeing it.

" We have three people, we need three more!"

" Greenskin Hunting Team! Come join us and annihilate the Greenskins! We need two more!"

" Dire Wolf Hunting Team! Come join us and annihilate the Dire Wolves! We need one more!"

......

Away from this clusterfuck in the Inner Region of The Titan Forest is a Klan of Greenskins.

The Stormfang Klan. A collective of Orks, Gretchins, Snotlings, and other similar races. Their Chieftan is Skrollgrub Stormfang. An imposing and bloodthirsty Ork, who loves bloody battles and Greenskin beauties like the vast majority of his race.

At the center of the Stormfang Camp, inside the largest tent on the biggest bed is Skrollgrub. Surrounding him are all kinds of Greenskin beauties. Some muscular, slender, and busty. Though, they all have one thing in common - they all have green skin. All Orks, no matter their Warlord, Warboss, or Klan only love beauties from their race. Some like dark green, bright green, and light green. Even if the most beautiful human was in front of them, all Orks will kill her, no questions asked.

Skrollgrub had a good night with Greenskin women, delicious food, and alcohol. And he just went to bed.

Unfortunately for him, he was bound to have more sleepless nights.

" Chieftan! Da umiez are ere!"

The Ork's eyes shot open.

_______________________________________

13