CHAPTER 5 – Secrets Revealed
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fawr walked out of the classroom by himself. He never liked his classmates. All they could do was mock those they thought were inferior. He had always been hard-working and excelled at everything given to him. However, what matters most nowadays is how well your combat ability is. Although he was decent, he wasn’t anything exceptional, either. He pitied those that had next to no combat ability. The new curriculum would only let the most powerful person thrive. In this day and age, there were plenty of intelligent people, and with the improved environment, it had become commonplace. That’s why technology has been propelled to having flying vehicles developed solely on science alone.

 

Although research into space travel was in its mature phases, all programs have halted in light of the new research regarding the three aspects. The more Fawr read into it, the more it seemed off. There were claims of private investments in the whole curriculum. Still, the government was also entirely invested, almost fanatical about it. Nonetheless, this was only something Fawr found online after a brief curiosity. All this was only to Fawr’s benefit. Investing in the education system only benefited him, even if it was just about combat. In the end, Fawr, too, wanted to become strong in this age of superhumans. Any teen would want to become a superhero.

 

For the introduction, all the students had to go to the hall and sign in for attendance. The curriculum change was good for a rural school out in the boonies. Money was being pumped into all the schools across Great Britain. As a small country, although it was the epicentre of researching all three aspects, it fell behind in development due to being a jack of all trades. As the place housing the high council, changes were inevitable as humans always had ambition. Unity in times of peace was always a prime opportunity for cracks to appear. It seemed military personnel were dispatched to all the schools to lecture the students. If nobody could assume a national crisis, they would be ignorant fools.

 

“All new students will be assigned a seat. Remember that whatever is presented here is of utmost secrecy, and attempts at disseminating this information will result in execution. These terms were all listed when you signed the agreement a couple of months prior," stated the officer, Fawr, as someone that meticulously read the fine print, didn’t miss this part. Although they were pretty strict in their conditions, it only seems fair that military information could cause mass panic if leaked outside. The new smartwatches seemed to be the reason the procedure seemed laid back. Whoever tried to say anything would set off the device. It seems free things come with a price tag, after all.

 

The room darkened, and you could hear the curious whispers around, the officers glaring at those still talking. The hall became silent, and even Tian sat down with an imaginary bucket of popcorn in Fawr’s mind. “Mmm, this food is quite good. Food has come a long way! You should eat more variety, your mind seems lacking in selection. I could only pick out this popcorn," suggested Tian while munching away.

 

“The three superpowers are pushing for a joint change in the curriculum. We are not at war with each other, but there is an external threat in the future. As the front runners in combining the systems, we have been working with all powers to train the new generations. You might not be aware, but our peace is on borrowed time. We have recently discovered that the outer world is indeed real. However, further information on this will be withheld until much later. All you need to know is that we value strength above all else,” the military lecturer sternly said.

 

“A good degree might bring you riches and fame. It is an honour to fight for humanity. The high council of humanity was formed from the struggle we faced in the enlightenment era. Humanity isn’t alone and is near the bottom of the food chain. Our weapons of mass destruction may have saved us, but we can no longer use such devastating items. Due to the changing environment, the power of such weapons is minimal. A massive event as large as the enlightenment is upon us," rambled the General, the students intrigued and terrified.

 

“This is a vague introduction to the secrets beyond society. Our current world is technical with flying cars and teleportation. We have come a long way. Yet we must rely on the three aspects: Cultivation, Magic and Mutations. These three appeared tens of thousands of years before the calamity, and only recently have they resurfaced. As the world expanded and opened up the remains of our forefathers. They, too, had faced the outer world but perished due to unforeseen circumstances. It seems that the world was sealed by an unknown event causing the depletion of spiritual energy. It was a blessing in disguise. Without the supernatural, we have developed technology which in turn allowed us to research spiritual energy more thoroughly,"

 

“The curriculum change will train you to accomplish more in all three aspects while integrating with the technological accomplishments of our current era," continued the General.

 

The students were quite overwhelmed. It seemed their simple lives had been turned upside down. Was the Outer world real? All those rumours of X-listed items from the Unknown? Dragons? Elves? Immortality? It all seemed quite hectic. Some were devastated that they could not live in ignorance, and others were ecstatic that the world they knew had become much more extensive. This was generally the same reaction throughout the world. 

 

The high human council is finally reaping the rewards of relentlessly pumping countless amounts of time and resources into developing the human population. Frankly speaking, the world at present is much more prosperous and vibrant than in any other era. These students would quickly adapt to these changes. Grow stronger and help humanity become better as a whole. The more intrigued and curious they became, the easier it would become to explore the countless possibilities in this world.

 

“Attention. The program aims to develop everyone to a standard fit for the next stage. You will have twelve months to prove yourselves after your summer break. Good luck. Humanity counts on it" finished the General.

 

“I heard from my distant relative that the military schools tested the curriculum for about a decade. After a year, we will be sent to one of the campuses based on our abilities. Those too weak to go on will be dropped," whispered a student who seemed to have gotten the information via familial connections.

 

“Fawr, this means that this is a blanket curriculum aimed at recruiting the best into the military school. I think it’s time to tap into your legacy and start working on your three aspects," encouraged Tian.

 

” I have read the rest of the information, and the optional courses can contribute to your overall grade. However, ability rankings are only theoretical, so actual results will speak for themselves," stated Tian. He understood that this was an opportunity that Fawr couldn’t miss. He had no backing, so getting into military school alone was practically impossible.

 

The General then dismissed the students. They had just finished school for the year. However, the buzz from finding out a gargantuan secret caused many to curse silently at the timing. They only had a month to prepare for the curriculum. Fawr then hurried home, the legacy was what he needed to improve himself, and he couldn’t waste time.

0