Chapter 4 – Riku & Sachi’s Concerns
1.4k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

~A Year & A Half Ago

"Now then! Let me introduce you!" (Kei)

Before the event, that was about to shift the course of Kei Ichinose's future, took place. 

The futures of two people, who normally wouldn't have any type of contact with each other, was changed by one particular black-haired boy with alluring and sparkling purple eyes.

"Sachi, this is my friend, Riku Ryouzaki! Riku, this is Sachi Sadataka, we happened to cross paths and we're friends now!" (Kei) 

"It's a pleasure to meet you." (Sachi)

"N-nice to m-meet you. I guess?" (Riku)

"Pffftt... Hahaha... what's up with all that stiffness? We three are now friends! So come on, get loose a little." (Kei)

"M-my apologies" (Sachi)

"Ah! There it is again!" (Kei)

"Kei, I don't think is that easy..." (Riku)

Sachi, who had the appearance of a prim and proper young lady, and Riku, who was an average person in looks, were staring dumbfounded at Kei. Who wanted both of them to drop the formalities and act like best friends.

A single person can change the future of another. As to how they receive the change, that's up to the former.

They didn't know at the time that, thanks to the being named 'Kei Ichinose', their futures will drastically change. For that reason is that he, their friend Kei, became someone really important to the both of them. 

They both pledge, that when Kei will be in need of help, they will do whatever it takes, to get the best possible outcome, because that what friends do–

—Right?

~At a Train Station – 11:00 A.M.

Leaning on the wall of a train station which was buzzling with people, a young brown-haired boy with blue eyes, who was wearing pants and a dark green sweater, could be seen. At first glance, he seemed to be waiting for someone.

*tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* 

"S-sorry! Did you wait long?" (Sachi)

After what appears to be the sound of light footsteps. The young boy was called out, and then he turned his head to find a young lady staring at him with a expression of anxiety.

"No I didn't, don't worry about it~" (Riku)

Said the boy, in a carefree manner.

"Haa... thank goodness..." (Sachi)

The girl sighed with relief at the young boy's words.

"Before anything, let's move places, it's kinda cold here." (Riku)

"Yes please..." (Sachi)

Said the young girl while shuddering slightly. Thus, they decided to move to a nearby coffee shop.

~At a Coffee Shop – 11:12 A.M.

Sitting at the table by the side of the window of a coffee shop, stood two people, facing each other. One of them was a young girl, and the other a young boy.

At first, it may appeared that they were in a so called 'date'.

However, their expressions were ones of concern. The reason was simple.

They seem to be having a serious conversation, just by their expressions alone, as for the contents of said conversation.

It was a matter regarding their best friend—

 

—Kei Ichinose.

Riku's POV~

"What will you like to order?"

"Lunch Set B, along with a glass of orange juice, please. What about you, Sachi?" (Riku)

"As for me... Lunch Set D, with a cup of tea, thank you kindly." (Sachi)

"Right away." Said the waitress as she left after taking our order.

"What a polite young lady, huh~" I teased the girl who was seating infront of me, with a grin.

"B-be quiet...!" (Sachi)

"Haha... My bad~" (Riku)

I was currently in a coffee shop along with one of my two best friends, a lady-like girl with long black hair and beautiful black eyes. My best friend, Sachi Sadataka.

After a few minutes Sachi asked me.

"Is it correct to assume you called me regarding 'that matter', Riku?" (Sachi)

At Sachi's words, my expression turned to a serious one.

"You are right. Haa~ I called him yesterday, but... he never answered... Rather, it left me on voice mail every time..." (Riku)

I sighed, as I voiced my complaint to Sachi. She seemed to also be concerned about him due to her following words.

"Kei... I wonder if he's alright..." (Sachi)

"'Doubt it, after what happened yesterday, and seeing Kei's expression at the time... I can't help but feel worried..." (Riku)

Yes, the reason why we met up and as to why our mood wasn't as cheerful as usual; was because of what happened yesterday which directly involved our best friend, Kei Ichinose.

"Still... I never saw any sign of Shizu getting a boyfriend..." (Sachi)

"Me neither, Shizuka never seemed that bright when it came to her own romance... Rather, she was really dense, she never noticed any of Kei's attempted appeals..." (Riku)

The reason was because of Kei's childhood friend, Shizuka Sakurajima, who Kei has been in love with even before Sachi and I met him.

It seems that she got a boyfriend, and that cause a great turmoil on our class, since everyone knew about Kei's crush towards her. Even the girls who were secretly in love with him started rooting for him. In some occasion, they even gave him advice and cooperated...

"Seems it was futile after all..." (Riku)

"Unn... It looks like it..." (Sachi)

"Thanks for waiting. Here is a Lunch Set B and a glass of orange juice, sir. As for the lady this is your Lunch Set D and cup of tea. Now then, enjoy your meal."

"Thanks." (Riku)

"Thank you so much." (Sachi)

"I'll be taking my leave."

Said the waitress before she turned around and left.

"Well then, let's leave the matter aside for now. It will be no good to dwell on it to much." (Riku)

"Unn. Now then, l-lets eat shall we?"

After we expressed our gratitude, we started to eat, as I chose something simple, which was a set of chicken sandwiches. It seemed like Sachi chose something a little sophisticated, pasta.

As I was eating, I found myself gazing at Sachi, who was elegantly eating her meal.

Beautiful... Crap, I got side-tracked...!

I shook my head. Trying to dispel such thoughts.

"?" (Sachi)

Least to say. The meal proceeded in a silence that wasn't uncomfortable at all.

~20 Minutes Later

"Thanks for the food!" (Sachi)

"You seemed to really have an apettite, huh?" (Riku)

"Silence..." (Sachi)

Said Sachi as she blushed at my remark.

"Anyway... what do you think we should do? About Kei, I mean." (Riku)

Sachi's POV~

"...About Kei, I mean." (Riku)

Riku asked me, while leaning back, on his seat.

What should we do huh...? Honestly I didn't want to intrude much. Partly, because I acknowledged that Kei was going through a difficult time, I thought that, what he needed 'was time'.

"Time won't solve anything in Kei's case." (Riku)

"How did you!?" (Sachi)

Riku, who seemed to have read my thoughts, said to me while looking down, at his glass, which was already empty; with only the remaining ice, that started to melt away...

"Because I kinda have a grasp of your thought process." (Riku)

"..." (Sachi)

"Sachi, you are someone who's used to put a wall between yourself and others. You probably thought, that you didn't want to intrude on him much– Or something like that~ and also—" (Riku)

He continues.

"—Because Kei is usually stubborn. If someone doesn't forcefully drag him, or even stop him, who knows what could happen. He would probably overtake the student council if he set his mind to it~" (Riku)

Said Riku, half-jokingly. However, what he said was true. Kei was known for his intelligence, and not only that... he was also respected, even by upper-classman, due to his hard work.

However, he was far from perfect, one of his shortcomings was as to how stubborn he usually was, it wasn't only that–

–he also wouldn't talk about his own problems... on his own accord, that is...

"Then—" (Riku)

He suddenly paused, and before continuing his words, he lifted his head, which was still looking down, and gazed directly at me.

"—why don't we pay him a visit tomorrow afternoon?" (Riku)

His words took me by surprise.

Eh? Visit...? Like... go to his house!?

And so—

—It was decided we'll be paying a visit to the Ichinose household, tomorrow Sunday...

 


 

(A/N)

Such good friends, right?

Anyway, next chapter concludes my daily updates, after that I will be updating the novel once every other day. It will also conclude the end of story arc one. Next chapter contains:

  • A conversation between the group of three.
  • Kei's true feelings about the whole matter. (There was something more to.)
  • Arisa's proposal to Kei.
  • Phone call between Arisa & Kei.
  • The end of the first arc. (As stated previously.

So next chapter may be quite long...

Drop a follow, if you are enjoying~!

Coming Next: Chapter 5 - Visit & Arisa's Sudden Proposal

39