Chapter 94 – Arisa Kamihate [Nineteen]
97 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some Minutes Before

"Even then, don't you think you're better off consulting a professional?"

"I thought of that too, but I don't know anyone except my father... and... well, he's not really someone I want to consult with." Kotone seemed to be embarrassed, something which I could kind of understand.

It's been about a month and a half since we entered college, the twins and I still had a great relationship. We also stayed in contact with the others even though they all moved.

I decided not to move, not only would it be a waste since the university I chose to was extremely close, but I also wanted to stay and take care of my parents.

Seriously, those two can't take care of themselves at all…

"So, how are things with my brother? Decided to tie the knot yet?" (Kotone)

"That's sudden. But—" (Arisa)

"Oh~? 'But'~?" (Kotone)

"I guess we did talk a l-little about m-marriage and such..." (Arisa)

"Oh!" Kotone seemed extremely happy at my response. She hasn't really changed with the exception that she looks even more like an angel.

"Then, what about you?" (Arisa)

"H-huh?" She seemed taken aback, which seemed odd, granted she was the one who started.

"Come on, you can't expect me not to ask you, right? You did start this after all." I refuted with that very same logic.

"W-well... we're going steady... not too fast, not too slow..." She said in an awkward laugh.

It has been a few months since Kotone and Ichirou (a friend of Kei) started dating.

To be fair, back when she first told me she had someone she liked, I was shocked.

She did seem the type to be interested in romance, sure... However, I never really expected her to act like a book-written maiden in love.

God she was cute back then.

"And why are you grinning?" Kotone frowned.

"Ara? Sorry, I couldn't hold myself." (Arisa)

"...Arisa's bullying me." At her cute statement, I only laughed.

↤⨳↦

"Sorry we're late." After the chime on the door leading to this cafe rang, two people stood in front of us.

Kei Ichinose and Ichirou Segawa.

"We got caught up in something..." Ichirou said with a awkward smile.

"Hmm— ouch?! I said nothing though!" Kei, who was randomly hit on the side, protested.

"You were about to, a**hole." (Ichirou)

The two sat down and ordered something simple... no, why in every cafe scene they order coffee?! As they gave the menus to the waiter, he bowed before leaving. The two turned around and Ichirou started.

"How has college been for you two?" (Ichirou)

""So, so."" (Arisa & Kotone)

"Useful information right there." (Kei)

College was indeed very different from high school, just like mom had told me. But it didn't take long before I grew accustomed to it. Same with Kotone... well, she was a prodigy so it never seemed to be a problem.

"How are things over at the council? Must be a lot of work." (Kotone)

"It is a bit of work, but the current members were left a big impression by you Kotone, so they are really motivated and looking forward to Kei's leadership." Ichirou said.

"The new batch of students are also highly capable, so we're not really in a pinch." (Kei)

"I'm glad. I was kind of worried about leaving it to Kei." (Kotone)

Kei was highly capable... o-of course I didn't only think so because I'm his girlfriend. Well, aside from that, this was Kotone just being overprotective.

"The one who should be worried needs to be Kamihate, though..." At his words, Kei seemed to choke on the coffee which was brought to him not too long ago.

I was curious so I motioned him to continue. "He's been getting really popular lately~ The amount of chatter centered around him is quite abundant. Well, everyone knows he's taken, but who knows~." (Ichirou)

E-eh?! W-well now that I think about it... he is extremely handsome... Smart, athletic... sh*t.

Just as I was trapped in my thoughts, Ichirou's head was slapped from the back.

"Stop it with the nonsense." (Kei)

"—y-yes, sir..." (Ichirou)

"Kei, I won't forgive you if you cheat on Arisa!" (Kotone)

"Stop adding wood to the fire, sis!" (Kei)

↤⨳↦

"Then, we're going this way." Ichirou said as he pointed to the other way.

"Gotcha. Escort my sister properly!" (Kei)

"Will do—" Just as they were a little apart from us, Kei said some final words.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my sister, you hear?!" (Kei)

"I don't promise anything!" Ichirou said just before the two disappeared from our line of sight.

I quickly hit Kei in the shoulder, to which he groaned. "What was that for...?" he said while holding his arm.

"Just leave them be... I doubt anything will happen, the two haven't even kissed yet, you know?" I reasoned.

"Ahaha, I just wanted to embarrass my sister a little..." He chuckled.

"Honestly..." I sighed, turning around, I motioned Kei to follow my pace, "Let's go." (Arisa)

Kei held my hand, fingers intertwined as I said so. "Aren't your fingers a little too cold?" I asked as I felt the icyness on Kei's hand.

"A-ahaha, it is quite cold... Winter's just starting after all." It seemed that Kei wore no mittens, his hands were extremely red.

Adjusting my scarf, I tucked both of our arms inside the pocket of my jacket.

"Warm!" He happily exclaimed. "Hey, do you have any plans this weekend?" (Arisa)

"Hmm~ I do... on Saturday at least, I'm hanging out with my sisters and Tenshi. However, I'm pretty much free on Sunday." (Kei)

"I see, I see, let's go on a date then. There's this place I want to go—" (Arisa)

It was extremely cold even though it hasn't started snowing yet. Such coldness gave an opportunity to stick close to Kei without feeling too embarrassed.

Maybe I am a pervert after all... I thought with a giggle. Kei seemed to hear it and as he asked me why I was giggling.

"That's a secret." I said with a gentle smile.

Still…

"We're almost there." Snapping back, Kei pointed.

"Ah, right. Thanks Kei!" I said as I headed to the door... at least tried,

Because he stopped me.

"Is something bothering you? You seem fine and all, but I can't help but feel that something's off with you..." His face was tainted with worry.

His purple eyes seemed sad as he locked them with mine. I tried to shake it off with a nothing, but he said—

"I'm your boyfriend. I want to know." (Kei)

Seeing how much he cared about me, I felt my heart skip a beat.

He's too good for me... I somehow thought so. I went closer to him, and as if wanting to be spoiled, placed my head on his shoulders.

He somehow seemed to guess the cause, which saved us time. "Is it... related to what Ichirou told you?" (Kei)

"..." I nodded. "I realized something... I'm... I'm way too possessive..." (Arisa)

I started.

"Whenever we are on a date, whenever I see women glancing at you... not only do I feel kind of proud, but I also cling myself to you just because I want them to know you're mine..." (Arisa)

To be fair, it is kind of stupid... After all, I've had these worries many times before and I've talked them out with him a lot of times before…

And yet... I still feel like this.

I'm no longer a beginner in love... Well, after dating for almost three years I don't think I can call myself that.

"Arisa." Grabbing both my shoulders, he pulled me away from him, a look of determination resting within his gentle eyes.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

"...I do. I love you so much." I said. I was sure that Kei Ichinose was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my days with.

His face softened, and with a chuckle, he kissed me. "I love you too." (Kei)

"I—" He cut me off.

"—and that's why you shouldn't worry. Even if there's one or two things I'm unsatisfied about, I'll still love you." (Kei)

"Huh? What do you—" (Arisa)

"My uncle told me once, that there was no relationship where both parties were a-hundred-percent satisfied." (Kei)

I heard something similar from my brother, inside a relationship (be it platonic or romantic) there was no way that it will be free of conflict. That's how they're built, people who are different from each other, sharing something in common.

Even then, there's bound to be conflict, there's bound to be something that they can't agree upon.

And that's... fine... At least, that's what he told me.

"No matter who approaches me, no matter if they're widely recognized as a beautiful individual... For me, you'll always be the person I'd like to lean on." (Kei)

As he said, he kissed me again. I don't know what came over me... but I made an unreasonable request.

"...My parents are not home today... Wanna come in?" I said as I tuck the hem of his uniform.

"Oh? What could you be suggesting?" He said with a grin.

"Take a hint and figure it out." (Arisa)

He only smiled and nodded, I took him and led him by the hand…

Of course, I didn't lead him to the living room.

↤⨳↦

Third Person POV~

"I'm home." As he closed the door behind him, a young woman peeked her head from the door frame leading to the living room.

"Welcome back, what took you so long?" The girl in question, Kei's older sister Karane, asked.

"I took a detour and bought some snacks for us." Kei said as he lifted the plastic bag.

"Oh sweet!" (Karane)

"I'll prepare something for us to drink, is Kotone here?" Kei said as he passed Karane.

"Yeah, she's in her ro— huh?" Stopping mid sentence, she turned around and stopped her brother, who was about to enter the kitchen.

"Hm? What's wro— what are you doing...?" In an instant, Karane grabbed Kei's neck gently and brought her face closer... she seemed to take a deep breath as she smelled a sweet aroma coming from him.

"What?" (Kei)

"This smell... I've smelled it before..." She stopped to think and gathered her thoughts.

A few seconds passed until it finally clicked.

"Wait... isn't this...?" As she turned to Kei, she only saw him scratching his neck with a faint tinge of red on his cheeks.

It checks out…

There was an awkward silence between them, and after a while... Karane took impulse and raised her voice.

"Dear sister!!!!!!" (Karane)

"Hah?! Oi, you idiot, shut up!" Kei quickly dropped the bag he was holding and ran upstairs after his sister.


(A/N)

And with that, The high school part is over. After the intermission, the final chapters of the story will take place when the two of them are working adults.

Cya~

Coming Next: Intermission - Our Pride & Joy

4