Chapter 95 – Vows For Eternity ①
75 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 95 - Just Wait For Me, Because I Really Do Want To Make You Happy

"Good work today, you leaving already?"

"Hm. I've finished the meeting with my clients and it's already time to clock out. She's waiting at home after all."

"How nice, you two seem to get along." Aiku said with a chuckle.

"I could say the same thing to you, how is she?" I asked.

"Everything's alright, there's no complications as of now. You guys have been a huge help." (Aiku)

As I was leaving the office, I got caught up in a chat with Aiku. We both worked at the same firm, we were colleagues.

It was simple chatter, inquiring about his wife Kanna, and the child that was on the way.

"Well, if you ever need anything, happy to help. Arisa and I might visit this weekend, she's been telling me to make time." (Kei)

"Great, Kanna would love to have you guys check up on her, she especially loves chatting with Arisa." (Aiku)

"She does, anyways I should take my leave. If you'll excuse me." I said as I opened the door of the office.

"Give my greetings to my sister for me." Aiku waved before I left.

As I opened the door to my apartment, I quickly took off the coat I was wearing, and I could smell a sweet aroma as I entered the living room

"Smells good..." Then, as if hearing my small mutter, a beautiful woman peeked her head from the kitchen.

"Welcome back, food will be ready in a while."

Her long brown hair that now reached all the way down to her waist, her beautiful figure and her enchanting rose beige eyes which made me lose myself everytime— Whoops, I sound like a creep, let's stop that.

Anyways, the beautiful woman who welcomed me was my girlfriend, Arisa.

It's been about two years since I graduated from university and the two of us decided to get a place together.

Since then, I've been working as a lawyer while Arisa worked as a teacher at the same school we used to attend.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"Hamburger steak with mushroom gravy." (Arisa)

"That brings memories." Thinking back at the night were Arisa ate dinner with us the night they came from their school trip, it really was a crucial moment to me finding out how I truly felt about her.

"How was work? How was my brother?" (Arisa)

"It was okay, I told Aiku about planning on visiting Kanna, he told me she would love it." (Kei)

"Great! Then we'll proceed as planned and go this weekend, yeah?" (Arisa)

"Sure." I nodded as I went behind her and hugged her. "I can't finish the food if you stick to me like that, you know?" (Arisa)

"Hmph, mood-killer." (Kei)

"Hah~ Alright, come here real quick..." Playing the needy one briefly made Arisa regret her decision, soon enough as I pulled myself from her, she opened her arms inviting me in for a hug.

"That's the stuff!" I wrapped my arms around her, after a while she said that it was enough and that she needed to finish cooking, so I pulled myself away after stealing her lips.

Arisa extremely resembled Ms. Akina both in appearance and in attitude adapting that curt and 'unfriendly' attitude her mother has.

"Well, she's cute either way..." (Kei)

"Said something?" (Arisa)

"I love you." Though she didn't respond, I could see her ears growing red as she tried to hide her face.

"So, what are your plans for the week?" At the dinner table, I asked Arisa as she finished setting up the food plates.

"Right, Hiyori's coming back from abroad. We are all planning to welcome her, we are also taking the opportunity to catch up with everyone." (Arisa)

We've all grown very busy, I don't really get to see my sisters as much as before, Karane works as a nutritionist while Kotone's the department head of a cosmetics company.

Even my own friends, it's been a while since I visited them.

"What about you?" Arisa said as she sat down.

"Hm, not much. I do have an appointment in the middle of the week, your sister told me one of her patients needed a lawyer." (Kei)

"I see, alright then. Tell me in advance how long it will take, I may consider having dinner at Kokoro's place then." (Arisa)

"Will do. Speaking of which—" (Kei)

"Hm? What's up?" (Arisa)

“I haven't gotten around to congratulate them yet... You know, for their marriage." (Kei)

Kokoro Shii— No, Kokoro Amagi (a friend of Arisa's) and Seichiiro Amagi, also a friend of Arisa... Well, both are mutual friends.

Anyways, both got married last month, and even though I attended their ceremony and everything, I still couldn't give them another wedding gift I had prepared for them.

"I'll see if I have the time to visit them even if it's for ten minutes." (Kei)

The rest of the dinner was spent peacefully. Arisa and I talked about our day and how hectic our jobs were.

Of course, we flirted with a good part of the meal, making it taste even more delicious than before.

"I'm tired! I need some rest..." I said as I stretched my back. "I will do the dishes, so go ahead and take a shower, Arisa." (Kei)

"...Will do, thanks." (Arisa)

For the next few minutes, I washed the dishes as I listened silently to some music, something which has become a hobby for the both of us.

It didn't take Arisa much to get out of the bath and once she did, I called out to her as I placed some bowls on the table in our living room.

"So, what movie are we watching today?" (Kei)

“Huh?" Arisa looked at me confused.

"What's wrong?" (Kei)

"No— Didn't you say you were tired? I thought you would head off to sle— Wha–?!" (Arisa)

Before she could finish her sentence, I lifted her off the ground and while in a princess carry, I reasoned.

"I may be tired, but that's more of a reason to spend time with you, take it as me recharging." (Kei)

"I-I—" (Arisa)

"Plus," Closing the distance, I whispered in her ear, "What kind of man neglects his woman?" (Kei)

"~!" As Arisa became redder and redder, I dropped her off at the sofa, then sat beside her as I wrapped my arms around her body and brought it closer to me.

This really is a good way to end my day... I said, as I took a glance at Arisa who was cutely fidgeting with the remote.

"Arisa~" (Kei)

"A~ri~sa~" (Kei)

...No response... Then—

""...nhn."" (Kei & Arisa)

"Arisa!" (Kei)

"Mhm..." (Arisa)

Ah...! She reacted! Once the movie was finished, it seemed that Arisa fell asleep before I knew it. As I tried to make her react, she slightly moved and groaned 

"Hmph," Next, with her eyes still closed, she sleepily opened her arms.

Is she asking for a carry? I thought. Well, I didn't really mind so I carried her to bed. I lifted her off and saw her lips turn into a small smile.

I chuckled and started walking. It didn't take long before I reached our bedroom, then placed her down on the side of the bed. It didn't take long for me to start hearing a soft breathing coming from her.

Smiling, I slightly fixed her hair, which was covering her face.

"Please... wait for me just for a little bit more... I want to do it right... in order to make you happy." I muttered as I kissed her forehead. Then, I laid down on my side of the bed and turned off the lights.

"Night, Arisa." (Kei)


(A/N)

We're on the final stretch! God, I feel so emotional...

Coming Next: Chapter 96 - Vows For Eternity ②

3