Chapter 99 – Vows For Eternity ⑤
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 99 - To A Place You & I Know Very Well

“This is easier than I expected.” Arisa said as she slid across the ice. “After a while you do get used to it. I came once with my family back in highschool, so I kind of know how to.” (Kei)

“Oh, you did tell me.”(Arisa)

After our meal, the two of us came to a skating rink inside a facility not too far from the cafe we were just in. It wasn’t on our plans but when we passed by a couple while we looked for something to do, we happened to overhear about this place so we thought that we might as well check it out.

“?!” (Arisa)

“Careful there…” I said as I grabbed Arisa’s hand. She managed to stay balanced without much problems but I still held one of her hands just in case. “This reminds me of something I saw on tv…” She muttered.

“Oh? How so?” I asked.

“It was a couple of professional dancers doing their thing on ice, it seemed nice. Still, not nice enough for me to want to try.” (Arisa)

“Shall we try?” (Kei)

“Did you even hear what I said?!” (Arisa)

“I did, I did. It’s just, I thought it would be more fun than princess-carrying you on ice, hahaha.” (Kei)

“Stop getting weird ideas already!” Arisa's free arm punched me on the side. “Ow, sorry.” I said with a laugh.

We held hands and took it easy, we were beginners after all, so we didn’t think about trying anything crazy. It could be both dangerous and embarrassing, at least those are Arisa’s thoughts on the matter.

“That was fun, we should come again next winter.” Arisa said as we left the rink and put on our shoes. “We should, or we could come a little before New Years.” I suggested.

“Sounds like a plan,” She nodded, “We should come again with the others, it may be chaotic but it should be fun.” (Arisa)

As we left the skating rink, we thought on what to do next as we walked down the streets, as I spotted a store from the corner of my eye I turned to Arisa with an idea in mind.

“Why don’t we go and check out that store? Seems cozy, and we enjoy shopping, don’t we?” (Kei)

Arisa turned to the store in question and stared at it for a few seconds. When she locked eyes with me, her eyes seemed to have a hint of excitement due to the sparkles in her eyes which were clearly noticeable.

“We’re going.” She said, making me move as in command.

The store was a miscellaneous goods store, it had a little bit of everything and that’s what we found interesting. “What’s that?” (Arisa)

“A santa.” (Kei)

“Then, why does it have five eyes?” (Arisa)

“Dunno.” (Kei)

“:..” (Arisa)

“...” (Kei)

I feel like these goods are just things that can be considered as ‘failed production’, nevertheless there were some interesting things within the bunch.

“No way.” Arisa’s voice made me reflexively turn to her, she was holding a book with an excited look on her face, her stoic expression was nowhere to be found and it was replaced to that of a child’s.

“This was the last volume I needed!” The book itself was one that she never found the fifth volume for. She's read the whole series over two times online and she really wanted to have the whole collection.

However, the fifth volume was nowhere to be found wherever she looked. It was normally out of stock in that regard. “Good for you isn’t it? We’ll be taking that then, I presume?” (Kei)

In an instant, she excitedly nodded as she looked at the cover with a smile on her face. My nervousness has eased a little… Yeah… I really do love her, huh? 

I wanted to protect that smile, that's what I vowed. I couldn’t wait to take her to that place, it would probably bring a really great memory back… And without a doubt it would be an excellent place to take a step further into our relationship.

“So this is it, huh? To be fair, something about having to just order the meat instead of killing yourself over the quality is pretty chill.” She said as she turned over a piece of cutlet on the grill in front of us.

As we agreed, we came to a restaurant where we can grill on an iron plate. Since we just wanted to try it out, we didn’t order anything that extravagant, we just wanted the experience.

“Oh, it’s ready.” Arisa said as she took one of them out and placed it on the plate. “You know, you've become quite adept at cooking, you could even surpass me.” (Kei)

“Let’s not exaggerate, okay? Nothing beats one of your own lamb chops sizzled with garlic, that’s all I need for a day of fatigue to be washed out~” Arisa said with a chuckle.

“Is that so? I always think to myself that they’re okay. That they still need a little something…” (Kei)

“Heh~ My boyfriend is a perfectionist~ How scary.” (Arisa)

“Oi.” (Kei)

I took the plate she gave me and then I proceeded to take a bite out of it, the texture was nice and salty. If anything, it really was extremely well cooked and it really felt juicy without the flavor going to waste.

“Is it good?” She asked me as she placed one on her own plate.

“Delicious.” I said in all honesty.

“I see, I’m glad. Eat up the,” (Arisa)

She will really make a great wife. I thought as I chuckled to myself.

“?” (Arisa)

“So, where are we going?” Arisa said as we took a train. “You’ll see. I kind of thought it would be nice to visit that place after all these years, it seems that it still exists.” (Kei)

“‘Still exists’? Kei, where are we going exactly?” (Arisa)

“You’ll see, you’ll see~ I’ll give you a hint if you really want it,” With my heart pounding, in anticipation for the big moment, I looked at Arisa and simply voiced the words, “We’re going to a place you know all too well.” (Kei)

Coming Next: Chapter 100 - Vows For Eternity ⑥

3