One Year Special – Between That Newbie Word-Play, Was A Cry For Help
88 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It happened… Wait, when should I say that it happened? Today 's… Thursday eighteenth, huh… it’s perfect, isn’t it?! Alright, let’s go with this. It happened during a Thursday, as Kei drifted off to sleep, he felt as if something was off. He didn’t really know what exactly, however as he opened his eyes again he found himself inside a bedroom, the bedroom itself was actually big and seemed more like a studio.

But he knew it was a bedroom due to the bed and… a sofa with a pile of clothes near a desk, “...the classic, I guess…” (Kei)

“Huh, so it was really true. A writer’s reality could be whatever his heart desired…” Opening the door, a single boy entered the bedroom. Kei didn’t know him, and by reflex, he backed up a little as the other boy closed the door. The boy had black hair and black eyes, he was wearing some simple houseware; and his looks could be said to be… below average. How rude!

“It’s no wonder you don’t know me… It would feel creepy and cringy, after all.” The boy said with a chuckle. “For now, let’s erase this pile of clothes and tidy the room a little.” As he took out his phone and typed something, the room was neat and tidy, and the pile of clothes disappeared.

“I’m counting on you again, Shuu.”

Yes, sir.

He sat down on the desk and stretched his back. “Anyways, sup Kei?” He was confused and he simply let out a small, “U-uhm…” As he looked restless.

“Well, first of all, let me introduce myself. I’m Lopezz, or atleast, that’s the idea behind this chapter.” (Lopezz)

“Who… are you…?” Kei asked as he frowned.

“Have you ever heard of novels that break the fourth wall? Were characters interact with their creator. There’s an anime about that too. You know, a lot of characters from popular works, transported to our world!” He said as he lifted his arms. “You haven’t answered my question…” (Kei)

“Right… Well, I’m your creator! The author of Even Though I Loved You First!” (Lopezz)

“What the fuck?” (Kei)

“Hey, hey! Where's the filter?! Shuu, can you please filter what he said?!” (Lopezz)

Can’t you just write it?

“Right, I can. Well, I’ll filter your profanities now, do thank me later.” Kei was still confused, and it was no wonder. After all, someone self-proclaiming himself as his ‘creator’ just appeared in front of him. “You are wrong there, Shuu. I’m not self-proclaiming, I AM his creator.” (Lopezz)

“I still don’t get it.” (Kei)

“Alright let me put you up to speed.” With that, he snapped his fingers and all of a sudden, many things passed through Kei’s head.

Author’s POV~

It’s kind of funny how I, who never really enjoyed reading, went from loving reading to writing his own novel. I no longer remember the first time I wrote something. Back then, it was only something I wrote because I was bored, something I soon dropped.

However, exactly a year ago, I found myself signing in to ScribbleHub’s site and for the first time, I thought straight and looked at how to write the prologue. The prologue was simple, if anything, it didn’t surpass the 500 words.

Then, I wrote chapter one. It was full of flaws at first, however I really enjoyed putting my imagination into words. Ever since then, I started seeing daily life a little more interesting. Always looking into how I can adapt everything into novel format.

That’s how Kei was born. He, who represented my ideal self, the person I strived to become. Back then, I never really experienced a one-sided love for myself, so I just wrote about it as I investigated it.

Please, don’t misunderstand, my ideal self isn’t someone surrounded by women (or people for that matter) rather, it is someone full of confidence with himself, someone who can still stand up no matter how low they’re knocked.

Before I knew it, I ended up projecting my insecurities in characters like Kei and Hayato. Nevertheless, I found myself absorbed in writing while looking to improve everyday. Now, exactly a year later, here I stand… Here I stand to proudly say that even if it’s only a little bit, I feel like I can take over the world.

I want to do this one step at a time.

Back to Narration

“Well, your adventures were really enjoyable to write, and I bet there’s people who also enjoyed seeing your journey.” He said as he leaned back on his desk.

Kei was speechless, he didn’t really know how to react, everything he lived, everyone he met, were they all lies? “The h*ll you talking about? They’re all real. Y’all are like my children for that matter.” (Lopezz)

“I see, By the way, can I ask one question?” (Kei)

“Hm?” (Lopezz)

“You said that back then, you didn’t experience a one-sided love. That sounds way back in the present…So…” (Kei)

“When was it? Maybe two months ago? I truly fell in love back then, she’s a classmate who really treated me nicely, while most people only seeked my help for convenience, she was one who seemed to appreciate it. Before I knew it, I fell for her.” (Lopezz)

“How simple.” Kei couldn’t help but say.

“Right? I knew she didn’t have such intentions, nor did I try to misunderstand. She likes someone else after all, so here I am, in the same boat as you once were. Now, I’m dedicating myself to my University entrance exams.” He chuckled as he got up.

“How old are you exactly?” (Kei)

“Hm? Seventeen. Almost eighteen though.” He nonchalantly said.

“Wait… we’re the same age?” (Kei)

“Indeed we are,” He said with a nod… huh? “Ah, sorry Shuu…I’m… honestly cringing so hard as I write, I feel this is going to end up being part of my black history… Like d*mn. Anyhow, Kei, any other questions? Time’s almost up!” (Lopezz)

“Uhm, letting a ‘character’ of your own know all this… wouldn’t this mess up everything?” (Kei)

“Not really, I’ve made arrangements so that when you wake up you remember nothing, only with a hint of suggestion that you met someone weird.” (Lopezz)

“I see…” (Kei)

“But well, it was fun getting to write your story. From now on, you’re on your own. Make sure that your decisions aren’t ones that you will regret… No, you WILL regret a decision, that's part of life after all, however make sure for them to benefit you. There’s no point in being reserved, you know?” (Lopezz)

“One more question!” (Kei)

“Go ahead.” (Lopezz)

“If… by any chance, Shizuka did reciprocate my feelings, what would happen to Arisa?” (Kei)

“Oh right, it doesn’t really matter if she reciprocates your feelings or not, things in life happen for a reason. No matter what, you would’ve still ended up with Arisa, so don’t worry.” (Lopezz)

“No no, shouldn’t I worry?! My childhood friend’s future would be at stake!” (Kei)

“Not really. I could tell the readers that she would find someone else, and they’ll treat it as cannon.” (Lopezz)

“Is that how it works?” (Kei)

“I have no idea— Oh?” Suddenly, the space began to shatter, the two looked around and he said with a lonely tone. “Time’s up it seems. Off you go now,” (Lopezz)

“Wait—” (Kei)
He suddenly blacked out.

“Good morning, Kei.” His girlfriend Arisa, greeted him as he walked to school. “Mornin’ Arisa…” (Kei)

“You look tired.” Arisa said.

“I had a strange dream yesterday, I don’t really remember much, just that I met a really weird person.” Kei said with a yawn. “Kei, are you even okay? I said countless times that you should rest properly!” (Arisa)

“I swear I slept in early… sigh… even I am wondering what happened…” As he watched from a distance, he let out a small mutter. “I feel oddly emotional now… Well, let’s leave those feelings aside and focus on Shattered now… Shuu, you are helping me, too.” (Lopezz)

Haven’t I been doing that?

“Yeah, but I want you to make small comments on the author’s notes! Starting chapter ten, please.” (Lopezz)

…okay sir…

“Alright, the first arc should be Noah’s so let’s do some field research!”

4