00125. New members again and…
1.6k 24 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Spoiler

I have no idea what is going on at this point.

[collapse]

Over the next couple of months, Theo settled into a new routine during the weekdays. He would go to school, and after school, he would help out at his dad's shop till close. Then he would come back home and work on his new project for a little while after dinner, before spending time with his family and then going to bed.

Well, he would send a clone to bed while he trained in the mystic arts and sent clones to the base to train people in chakra. On Mondays, he would portal to Tony's workshop and work on stuff with him. Mostly, it was double-checking everything for the phone project, which was almost set to launch.

Theo just wanted to make sure they had everything ready to go and enough phones to meet demands. They projected to sell at least a hundred million phones in the first month and expected to reach five hundred million by the end of the year. Were they being optimistic? Not really, since they planned everything perfectly.

Tony would hold a launch event and give all the reporters and celebrities who show up a top-tier  phone. Theo also planned to give phones to popular people on Vibe, like Kurt, Kitty, Dazzler, and others. At least that was the plan so far, they would need to iron everything out as they got closer to launch. Then, a week later after the launch event, the phones would be released to the general public for purchase. That way, the general public would be hyped for the phone that everyone was talking about. 

Besides working on the phone project, Theo also helped Tony work on JARVIS, which was almost done at this point. JARVIS was currently working, and Tony was already happy with it, but Theo knew it could be better and was improving the code every day. His plan was to make JARVIS a sudo-AI for now and see if he can awaken to full sapientance on his own. If not, Theo would help him out in five to ten years.

Going back to Theo's weekly routine, on Fridays, he would go to Hel and hang out with Hela for a few hours. They mostly ate food and watched movies or TV shows together. But they also played some board games together a few times. But Risk and other strategy based games were banned after only playing one game because Hela took them a little too seriously…

As for the weekends, Theo spent some Saturdays helping out at his dad's shop and also racing his go-kart for an hour or two with Peter. They didn't have a track but would set up cones in the yard and race around that. Milly would join in sometimes, but she wasn't a big fan of go-karts, unfortunately. On the Saturdays, they didn’t help out at the shop. They would work on the new program they were making for the shop. That project was a secret, though, and when asked what they were working on, Peter and Theo would tell their parents it was an update for their game.

On Sunday, Theo would spend the day with his family. They would always visit the park for a few hours that day, but would also do other things together. Sometimes, their extended family would join them, and they would end the day with a barbecue or some other type of large group activity.

As for the secret organization, a few important things happened during that time. Sanhildr contacted Theo and asked if they could join. After living on Earth for a few months, they decided to make it their new home, but more than that, most of them were bored. So Sanhildr approached Theo about possibly joining the group and what would be involved if they did. Theo laid out what he would expect from them and what he would expect from them in return.

The valkyries would gain citizenship in Genosha with a place to live, a monthly salary, full medical care, dental, vision, and a 401k. They would also get the best weapons and armor magic and technology could provide. In return, they would work in secret with the organization and could stay as long as they liked. Their main job at first would be helping the group clean up Earth and make it a better world. After that, they would help protect Earth from other worldly threats.

Sanhildr agreed to the terms easily enough, and then Theo held a meeting to make sure everyone else was fine with them joining. When Theo called the meeting together as Ezekiel, Fury was the first one to show up and asked, “Finally gonna tell us about those women you sent to Genosha?”

Ezekiel smiled slightly before he said, “How long have you known about them?”

“An hour after they appeared on Genosha.”

Ezekiel shook his head before he asked, “You never brought them up before, why’d you think this meeting was about them?”

Fury sat down in his chair as he said, “Because you called an unscheduled meeting to discuss something. It was either them or something new and important.”

Ezekiel nodded in understanding before he said, “Well you’re correct. But let's wait for the others to discuss it more.”

After a quick nod, Fury turned to his personal computer and started working on something while people began entering the room. Peggy, Steve, Bill, Alexei, Tao, Agatha, and Jarvis walked into the room before Fury finally asked, “When are we going to start discussing plans about taking down Hydra?”

Ezekiel let out a tired sigh before he said, “When we have more info and man power. Wel,  mostly more info, since I keep finding more and more people who are part of Hydra. I swear these people are worse than cockroaches.”

“Aren’t we just giving them more time to grow and recruit more people by being so passive?” Steve asked.

Fury shook his head as he said, “Maybe, but if we don’t take them out by the roots. Something like this could happen again, so being cautious is our best course of action. I just want to start laying out some groundwork with the information we already have.”

Peggy nodded in understanding before she asked, “Is that what this meeting is about?”

Ezekiel shook his head before he pulled up some info on the main screen. It was some historical documents about valkyries along with some old artwork. Ezekiel nodded towards the screen as he said, “It’s about that.”

Bill glanced over everything before he asked, “Why do you want to talk about Norse mythology?”

Fury looked directly at Ezekiel as he asked, “Those women are from Asgard?”

“What women?” Jarvis asked.

“The group of over a thousand women who showed up on Genosha a few months ago.” Peggy said.

Ezekiel pulled up some photos of the women on Genosha before he said, “These women were the valkyries of Asgard over a thousand years ago before they were killed.”

“They look to be in good shape for being dead.” Bill said.

Fury focused on Ezekiel as he asked, “You made them new bodies?”

“Yup. Through a weird quirk of fate, their souls weren’t allowed to move on, and I used that to my advantage. But that also brings me to the main issue for this meeting. I offered them a spot to join us, and they accepted.” Ezekiel said.

Peggy turned to glare at Ezekiel as she asked, “Why’d you do that? We should have voted before you offered them something like that. Isn’t that why you made this council in the first place? To not make unilateral decisions for the group?”

Fury and Steve also turned to Ezekiel looking for answers, Ezekiel raised his hands up as he said, “Normally I would. But I made the offer with a few others, which I thought they would pick instead. When their leader came and asked for more details about working with us, I told her, and she instantly accepted on the spot.”

Tao nodded in agreement as she said, “I was there when he made the offer, and I also thought they would pick one of the better offers he gave them.”

Fury narrowed his eyes a little as he asked, “Can we really trust them, though? They’re Asgardian soldiers. They should be loyal to Asgard, not Earth.”

Ezekiel pulled up some info as he said, “They no longer care about Asgard after the king erased them from the history books. He wanted to cover up certain things about Asgard’s past, and that made the valkyries pretty upset when they found out.”

Ezekiel then shook his head as he said, “Plus they were pretty much the king's slaves. He was raising them to be his personal harem of virgin warrior women.”

Fury raised a single eyebrow as he said, “Leaving that information aside, we still need to be able to trust these people, people we know next to nothing about. How can we do background checks on them if they lived on another planet?”

“They are honor bound warriors. All we have to do is have them swear loyalty to the organization, and we won’t have any issues.” Tao said.

Fury was skeptical as he asked, “You think a little oath is going to make sure they stay loyal?”

Peggy and a few others nodded in agreement before Ezekiel said, “Actually that would work. They'd rather die than dishonor themselves, and considering they’re all over a thousand years old or more, I think it’ll be fine. Plus, where are we going to find another group of fighters with that much experience?”

“Didn’t you say they all died at some point? How good of fighters can they be?” Alexei asked.

Ezekiel shrugged as he said, “They were sent to hold off one of the strongest Asgardian gods that even Odin was afraid of, while Odin sealed them all away. It worked, but all of them died in the process. And if you wanna compare strength, a normal Asgardian is stronger than Steve in his old body.”

Bill looked a little surprised as he asked, “Wait, you mean to tell us Nordic gods are real?”

Ezekiel nodded as he said, “Pretty much. But you can think of them as a god with all lower case letters in the name. Or just like an overpowered meta-human.”

Fury glanced at Steve for a moment before he said, “That doesn’t matter as much as you just let over a thousand super soldiers walk around Genosha with no guards for the past few months and didn't even bother to inform anyone!”

“No, I knew about them. Along with Tao, Agatha, and Magneto. Plus, I trusted them to behave themselves. They have had absolutely no issues since they've been on the island.” Ezekiel said.

Fury frowned as he said, “You still should have informed us about them.”

“The only reason I didn't is because I thought they were going to leave the planet. Besides, Tao or Agatha could easily handle all of them if something happened. So why make a big deal out of it in the first place and have you waste time thinking up contingency plans for no reason?” Ezekiel said as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked back at Fury.

“Well those contingency plans would have come in handy now that they want to stay here.” Fury said.

Tao glanced at Fury and Ezekiel before she asked, “Can you two stop acting like children and let us move on to why we were called here?”

Fury shot another glance at Ezekiel as he said, “We are going to continue this talk later.”

Ezekiel rubbed the bridge of his nose before he said, “Alright the main reason I called you here is to vote on letting the valkyries join us. All in favor?”

Ezekiel did a quick glance around the room to see that everyone voted in favor of them joining, even Fury. As he was about to end the meeting, Hank Pym ran into the room and said, “We did it! It's stable!”

Bill stood up from his seat as he asked, “Did the test work on the first try?”

Hank nodded as he said, “The quantum tunnel is working perfectly.”

49