00010. A day in the life…
5.7k 40 271
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Knowing that you are a copy of someone else and you only have a limited life span is a little jarring at first. But knowing that whatever you experience will be transferred back to your original self, makes it easier. It's not like I would exist without my original self anyways. I normally wouldn't be wasting my time thinking about this kinda stuff but I am currently waiting for Emily, my parents and my original self to leave the house. I am currently hiding in the spare bedroom, under the guest bed. It's not very creative but I can't waste any chakra, so anywhere else is not possible.

It's a good thing I was made not long ago, I think I would have gotten bored if I had to waste hours hiding here. My original decided to make me as his parents were getting ready for work. So I only needed to wait about fifty minutes, twenty minutes for them to leave the house and another thirty to make sure they didn't come back. I can hear the front door close and the deadbolt lock latch as they leave the house.

I crawled out from under the bed and quickly climbed up the dresser next to the window. Carefully peeking out the window, it was just in time to watch my mother as she started to pull out of the driveway. My father was almost at Aunt May's house with my original self and Emily. I watched them get dropped off and then watched as Ben and my father walked to work. I waited till they were out of sight and then made my way downstairs. Even if someone comes back home, the computer is out of sight of the front door, I should have more than enough time to shut it off.

Going to the desk, I pull out the chair a little and climb up onto the desk. Once I am on the desk I take a closer look at the computer. The first surprise is the computer monitor, it is using some type of Stark LCD screen. For the time period I was expecting a CRT, but then again this is the marvel universe and tech should be more advanced here. But considering I have yet to see a TV, my parents and godparents don't own one themselves, I am still a bit surprised.

After looking over the monitor and computer for a few minutes I power on the computer and start spamming Esc, F2, F12 and the Delete key. It's a pain to do with my current hands, but I managed to make it boot to the Bios screen. The next surprise I find are the specifications of the hardware. The computer is running a processor at 4.3Ghz, 16GB of RAM that is clocked at 3600 MHz and seems to have a solid state main drive that is one terabyte in size. Now I might have been a programmer in my last life, but I was also a hardware enthusiast and had a decent collection of older retro tech. Heck I had some of it because I wanted to check out and play the older games and you had to have the older computers and consoles to play some of that stuff.

The Bios says that the year is 1996. I know for a fact that in 1996, in my past life, one of the best computers you could have would be running a processor at 166MHz with 64MB of RAM. That doesn't even include the 1.6GB EIDE hard drive it would be using as its main drive. This computer is over twenty years ahead of its time then it would be in my old world. This makes no real sense, I know I am in another universe, but to be so advanced and this isn't even cutting edge hardware. This is just a common computer you can buy in the store. How advanced is cutting edge tech?

I shake my head and power cycle the computer, I watch it go through its start up process and load into Windows. Another surprise is that the computer looks to be running something similar to Windows 10 and my mother never set a password for the computer. I am a little disappointed I won't have the chance to bypass it, but it makes my job easier. I will have to teach her to be better with keeping her computer more secure in the future though.

Shit, why the hell did they connect to the internet with dial up internet last night? Moving over the desk and looking at the back of the computer I noticed two things right away. The first being the computer has some kinda GPU and the next was that we were connected with a standard phone cable. But there is also an Ethernet port on the computer. Maybe Ethernet isn't in most homes currently and that is why we are using dial up?

Whatever that is a problem for my original self to figure out, right now I have a job to do. First let's see how close this is to Windows 10 and see the specs on this GPU. Opening up the task manager I clicked more details and then opened the performance tab. The CPU is actually made by Stark and has eight cores with sixteen threads, a base clock speed of 4.3 Ghz, an L1 cache of 1MB, L2 cache of 8MB and an L3 cache of 64MB. This thing is crazy compared to what I expected it to be. It even has a GPU with 12 GB of VRAM!

After a few more minutes of looking over the computer hardware, I began to go through the computer and look at what software was installed on it. Mostly normal Windows software, a few simple games and some bloatware. I also found a program made by Stark Industries specifically for programming code. I opened it up and checked what languages that it supported. C and C++ were supported, along with a few others I knew of, as well as a few I had never heard of before. I thought for a few minutes of what I would need and then started to code.

First issue I ran into was my almost 2 year old hands. They don't sit correctly over the keyboard, so typing is a lot slower than normal. This might take longer than I expected, at least two weeks, maybe even three. But that is fine, I don't need to rush this. I honestly thought I would be in school before I had access to computers, so if anything I am ahead of schedule. The only thing I need to do is make a ghost drive to hide the programs I am making. Shouldn't be too hard to partition the main drive and then hide that from my mom and dad. They don't seem to be too tech savvy.

I was writing code for almost six hours, before I stopped to make a ghost drive. Once the drive was set up I saved all my work to it, then wiped all traces of my computer usage and shut it down. Once that was done, I made sure I moved the keyboard and chair back into place and then dismissed myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Falling back against the couch, I shake my head a few times to clear it. Then take a quick look around me, it seems like no one noticed my quick mental lapse. The rush of memories I just received was a lot more than I expected for only about seven hours of time. I will definitely have to figure out a way around that issue. Maybe a data packet for my mind that I can ingest whenever I want, that way it wont hit me when I am not expecting it. Also my clone pretty much did a play by play in his mind of everything he did, like he was narrating his own life. I hope my other clones don’t do that.

I take a few minutes to go over everything I just learned from my clone and smile slightly in satisfaction. My clone made a good decision when they changed plans after seeing the hardware we had to work with. My clones have about three weeks of work to do, but once I am done I can start phase one of my plan for living in marvel. The best part is I should be about six years ahead of my original schedule with this little windfall.

I spend the rest of the day trying to figure out how to make a data packet for my clones. But I make no headway at all, I would have to remake the shadow clone jutsu from scratch to add the functionality I want. It's after I am in bed that I have an idea, instead of changing the shadow clone, change the way I receive their memories. There is no way I can change the way I receive the fatigue from my clones, but it is possible with the memories if I use my mindscape.

I begin by making a new server in my server room, which makes it appear in all my server rooms. Next I dedicate it to only one task, pulling in all the memories of my shadow clones. Once done it will quickly sort all of the information and then begin to feed it to me by matter of importance. This way if there is something I need to know, I will know it right away. But the other less important things or things that just don't matter will still be ingested, but a lot slower and won't affect me. Like the memories of me writing code for six hours while I narrate exactly what I am doing…

It takes me a good portion of the night to set it up and test it with mind clones, but it seems to be working correctly. The real test will come tomorrow when my clone dispels. I start to fall asleep with a content smile on my face, knowing that even though I am only getting four hours of sleep, I will still be well rested for tomorrow. This body is amazing, I can't wait to see how far I can push it when I am older. Very few people in Naruto did actual weight training and the ones that did were pretty powerful. I might even pull a Rock Lee at some point, leg weights for daily training, maybe even full body weights. If I could pull off a Rock Lee weights removal scene at some point it would be peak YOUTH! Maybe during the attack on New York? Oh man, I think I am being affected by Guy and Lee’s enthusiasm for training. May the One Above All help Peter if I become corrupted, for I currently have no one to save me from myself!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The next afternoon when my clone dispelled, my memory server worked perfectly and there was no sudden weakness from receiving the memories. I did receive fatigue from my clone, but six hours of coding feels like nothing to this body. I do wonder what it will feel like when I am doing training with multiple clones and then dispel them. Things to worry about when I am older and have enough chakra to pull it off. For now just starting phase one is the most important part.

271