Chapter 22
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yesang stared at his laptop. His head was spinning that he could no longer understand if he was actually tired , confused or both . Ever since he woke up and found this article , it's all he has been trying to comprehend. It was the report on Sehu's death .

According to the wording,  Namkyu reported it because it happened in his apartment . He had gone home and heard the water running . When he checked , he found her lifeless . 

The police discovered her in the shower sitting with eyes open and Namkyu's toothbrush in her hand . She was wearing some red lingerie and heavy makeup that was slightly washed off her face . Traces of the cosmetic stuff was in her nails implying that it was premortem . her body was saturated by the cold shower water and seemed like it had been in it for days. Further investigation don't show any bruising on her skin , just those from blood coagulation for sitting in the floor . 

It is almost good for Yesang that someone did his job for him but what he doesn't understand is how they could give him a job when she was already dead .

Although she was found on the day that Yesang was flying back home , she had been dead for more than a week . The police mentioned that she didn't have any pressure points on her , implying that she was probably killed in that spot in that apartment . however the apartment CCTV don’t show any signs of her coming into the place nor where there any suspicions people or deliveries made to the place. That on its own means that someone tempered with the CCTV.  Another thing he can't understand was how she did 

Her blood is clean . There are no traumas , no disease , no primary organ failures that could rigger death such as heart failure . She just seemed to be alive and then dead in the next second .Yesang reread the police exports many more times but he still can't figure out how on earth she was killed nor how she came to his apartment and why they wanted him to kill a dead person . It is times like these that Yesang really realizes how much he hates the police . Someone died like this and the forensics aren't saying anything helpful. 

Nonetheless this is some next level assasination because it is both mind-boggling and close to unsolvable and there is nothing more important in this line of work than a killer who kills like that.

He scratched his head over it and he looked at his tablet that displayed the location and details of the next person that Yesang  has to go and eliminate in the orders of Kwangsun .

###

A middle aged man rotated in his chair and he looked at he clock. he yawned as he processed that he fell asleep in his office . He adjusted his eyes to the dim lit room and he saw that it was nearing midnight . he was beyond exhausted from the day events. He could have sworn that he was working the same amount or probably even less but then he is extremely tied .

Disoriented as he was ,he called his secretary before he remembered that she probably long gone home . He would normally drive but his state of mind is off course . Anyway,  he walked into the parking lot and he located his car as the only one that was present . In a drunken-like daze , he staggered towards the vehicle . 

He slouched into the leather seat and opened a window. The long and non-exertive walk here has caused him to be drenched in sweat and hypoventilating . His lips were parched and he was having cold tremors . he opened the windows and he ordered they head home .

A few miles from the office, he took out some sweets from his pocket thinking that he was having a diabetic episode and he suckled on some of them . Some time passed and he gradually felt himself get a little better and he even opened the window a little lower as they passed near the intersection.  He closed his eyes while chewing and the car turned and went towards the streets. It carried him to his above normal home and then stopped outside his expensive security barriers . The large electronic gates summoned the lights on . And at that moment it was almost measurable how large the house was but it wasn't an overly humongous  suburban house because the owner is just the manager of a large cosmetics company.

The headlights and engine reminded on and then the door to the boot opened and closed .

Three hours later 

A well groomed thirty-six year old woman came out of the mansion and she walked towards the gate . She wore her expensive sleepwear and her glamorous diamond ring and figure interrupted the night . Using an automatic remote control , she let the large metal open and she turned back . Upon hearing no sound , she went back to the car and she peaked into the car seat . After a few taps on the anti-spy window , she tried to open one of the doors but they were locked from the inside . She called for one her workers to get the car into the yard and because they couldn't break the windows and see what was inside . 

She judged that it was too late to call the car specialist so she decide to sleep it off. Even if the car is still on, at least it was not lost off to some thugs . 

Early morning , a car specialist came and unlocked the car. 

Reality hit them like a cold and brutal thunderstorm when they found the inside of the car cold as a coffin and the man in the back sit was unresponsive with a blue face and almost purple shade around his lips . His eyes were sucked and his muscles were frozen into place like he was having a seizure

In no time the police, arrived at the scene and they announced that the man has been dead for a while but that would have been affected by the temperature . 

***

Nikki was quiet and Garam was practically smoking like there is more oxygen in very cigarette bud and he had reach it by all means. He knew that Garam was stressed but he can sort of tell where his stress is all coming from . More people are dying and there is not a single suspect or traceable clue. In less than four days , three people have died in mysterious circumstances in this jurisdiction and there are probably more some well else . 

” What makes me mad isn’t that they do their jobs so well but that they do it so …

” planned !", Nikki asked but Garam shook his head 

” Egotistically . They know we don’t have a single clue on them and they go around killing people like it is a competition and that in its own is very infuriating . Who kills and takes someone home ? They probably did the same thing to the girl  “, he argued with so little energy 

Nikki gave him some water but he just started at the cup . They never met at Garam's house but then again Garam has never been so low that he doesn't even care about things like discretion. Lucky Nikki came in a disguise .

If Garam wasn't smoking, he would be crying because this is too much for him .

**

Namkyu has been living in a motel for the past few days ever since he begun working .

Now all he has been doing is drinking in this place even though he can't seem to get drunk. He has no appetite and he can't even bring himself to stand in the shower let alone to open the windows. He hasn't changed his clothes for days and smells more like alcohol than the alcohol itself . To top it off , he can’t bring himself to go back to work because he is so traumatized .

All of Jinyoung's things are in that apartment and he initially didn't have the energy to go and get them because he feels like they are tainted and there is not a single good thing that will come out of his bringing them back here , except that it will continuously remind him of his brother who he doesn’t know if he should keep praying that he is alive.

At this point , he is ready to accept him back as a corpse . And speaking of which , he doesn’t even know how he will break this news to his parents. They called a few times before but they probably don’t even know what is going on in this city because Namkyu never told them where he was taking Jinyoung . Now imagine if he goes back to mention that they need protection from a serial killer that probably abducted and slaughtered Jinyoung and used his body parts to make some sort of puzzle like he keeps taking the parts of his victims 

Anyway some days ago after this much thinking , he decided to pack Jinyoung's stuff and keep them close to him  but on that forsaken day ,  that is when he found Sehu in the bathroom  .

He doesn't have feelings for her but finding her like that bulldozed his nerves that were already shattered. The trauma and stress all boiled down and he felt suffocated by the turmoil . he blamed himself but he couldn't really say how he has an impact in all of this .

At present , his purpose of life is a heartless mix of crying and drinking alcohol twice as much with every round and twice as strong with every bottle . He sniffed in the tears and he pulled his buzzing phone . It was a message reminding him that he has to go and get some tennis rackets for Jinyoung.

He furiously threw away the phone and he buried his face back into his knees and he cried in the corner like a starving orphan  .

How on earth did his life change so quickly in so little time ? He spent all his effort building a life for him and Jinyoung . He had a good job, a roof over his head , a beautiful girl and he was almost healing from the torn relationship between his parents . 

Now he is here in a low star motel because he is traumatized by high-class places. He is all alone because the woman he once wished would raise his children was found dead in his missing brother's bathroom . Worst off all is that she was wearing the lingerie that he gave her on their second valentine's day together , the one she wore when she became pregnant. 

When she started to fall sick , Namkyu secretly swabbed the toilet after she went to pee and the test came back positive but she never said anything and so did Namkyu . it was and still remains a mystery. Basically he doesn't know what happened to the baby because they broke up a few weeks later .

Everything hurt . Everywhere hurt . It hurt to drink but it hurt even more when he didn't . he wanted to hear someone say that Sehu was pranking him , that she is alive and that she is still pregnant or maybe that his child still exists . if not he wished to have his brother suddenly open the door and start complaining about the sun or just to hear him breath . He wanted to at least hear Jinyoung's voice. However all he has are his voicemails

"Hey , can you buy more sunscreen ? ",

"Did you wash my uniform? I can't do it myself ",

" you forgot your charger in my room ! ",

"I wanted moisturizer not a deep cleanser . there is a difference ! ", 

The records played on and on . They sounded like his brother but they sounded so unfamiliar to Namkyu . Not because he had forgotten Jinyoung's voice but because it felt so cruelly surreal to have to try an reimagine him .

He wept and cried with the more he wished to return to the past with Sehu and Jinyoung still around .

0