20th Pack: Special Class Tournament Arc: Finals Part 2
53 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-

Trading Game

20th Pack

Special Class Tournament Arc: Finals Part 2

-

“What a heated duel! Both teams have been going back and forth against one another in merely four turns!” The announcer announced, his voice resounding across the colosseum, accompanied by the loud cheer of the audience.

“Currently in the lead is none other than Mei and Serena! Sitting behind their full 8000 Life Points and two Fusion Monsters!” The large screen that stood above the commentator podium veered and enlarged on the two purplettes that were dueling, focusing on their board of monsters that currently consists of Lunalight Leo Dancer and El Shaddoll Winda.

“But will their monsters be able to grant them victory against the large wall that is Cyber Eternity Dragon and finish their remaining 3800 Life Points?!” The screen shifted once more, turning its focus towards the incredibly large Cyber Dragon that coiled around Ryo and Fubuki, standing as a wall that protected them both.

“The situation seems quite bleak for the two boys, but will they be able to turn the tides?!”

She held back a snort at the announcer’s attempt at hyping up the match, more or less knowing that the match was still up in the air, albeit slightly favoured towards the two girls with the monsters that they have on field.

“They’re certainly in a pickle alright.” She muttered as her eyes scanned over the field, taking account the potential cards that all the players could have in hand, other than the ones that are already telegraphed that is. 

Mei is probably the one that is the worst off out of everyone, since she only has B-Buster Drake in hand and no other cards to combo off with. Now don’t get her wrong, if talking about a turn three play and comeback ability after a play, then ABC is undoubtedly one of the best decks out there.

But there were several misplays that Mei had done that makes whatever plays she does incredibly crusty, especially since she currently doesn’t have a good way to recycle the currently banished monsters.

She had at least recycled a card to normal summon, though if she doesn’t rip an extender off of the top deck then her turn would more or less end her turn since she wouldn’t have a card that would clear her off of this situation.

Well, that’s not mentioning that her own deck might not have outs to Cyber Eternity Dragon that is. Other than Limiter Removaling one of her high attack Machine Fusion Monsters, with the only one that comes to her mind being ABC, she doesn’t think that anything in Mei’s board could actually go through the 4k wall that is Eternity.

But other than the fact that her comeback ability is hit because most of her ABC pieces are banished, she’s still sitting  pretty behind Leo Dancer and Winda, though that Winda might come back to bite her considering her own deck is a combo deck.

But right now it was Fubuki’s turn, and although his recoverability has been shot down to hell with Red-Eyes Wyvern being banished with the effect of Naelshaddoll Ariel, Red-Eyes still has a lot of ways to put bodies on field, even under Winda’s lock.

“My turn!” Fubuki declared aloud, placing his hand on his deck as he drew a card, “I draw!” He then started his turn with three cards in hand, standing behind Cyber Eternity Dragon as he glanced at the cards that he had in hand, thinking of the potential plays that he could do with them.

Before he could truly read them however, his opponent had declared the continuous effect of a monster that was on the field. “El Shaddoll Winda’s effect!” Serena declared pointing towards the Fusion Monster that she had summoned with Shaddoll Fusion. “While this card is on the field, each player can only special summon monsters once per turn while this card is face-up on the field!”

While the indigo haired girl kept quiet of the fact that the monster was indestructible by card effects, she had pointed out it’s floodgate effect that could easily win games on its own. Upon hearing the declaration of the monster, Fubuki had his eyes wide, before they narrowed as a thoughtful thought went through him.

“So that’s why you only special summoned once after it was summoned.” The brown haired boy said, remembering how the girl had immediately special summoned with Lunalight Fusion after she had added it to her hand. “You were also under its effects of only being able to special summon once per turn.” With the floodgate effect noted, he began checking the cards that he had once more, thinking of a way that he could get out of this situation that was at hand.

The boy’s eyes widened as he saw the card that he had drawn, and a grin formed on his face as he revealed a card and played it. “I’ll activate Red-Eyes Insight!” He declared, activating the second copy of the searcher that he had hard drawn as his top deck of the turn.

He saw a line of play in his head, where he could remove the indestructible monster that stands tall on Mei and Serena’s side of the field, while also putting enough pressure on the board.

He couldn’t defeat them this turn, no, his deck sadly doesn’t have that kind of brute force to push through the current board state. But that was what Ryo’s Cyber Dragons were known for, and so with that in mind, he’ll do his best at crippling Mei and Serena’s current board and leave it vulnerable for Ryo to finish the game.

“This card lets me send one ‘Red-Eyes’ monster from my hand or deck to the graveyard to add one ‘Red-Eyes’ spell or trap from my deck to my hand except Insight!” He said explaining the card’s effect once more.

“I’ll send another copy of Red-Eyes Wyvern to my grave! And I’ll add Red-Eyes Fang With Chain to my hand!” Sending the monster that would eventually float into another copy of Red-Eyes, Fubuki added the trap card to his hand, no doubt intending to use it to remove Leo Dancer.

“Oh, so he finally got his hands on that card huh. That’s a card that could, what do you call it? Out the current board?” She heard Yuri say, and shook her head to his observation, gardening a raised eyebrow from the purple haired boy. 

“No, not at all.” She answered. “Leo Dancer is a house in more ways than one. It’s indestructible by card effects and is also untargetable, meaning that Fubuki shouldn’t be able to target it with the effects of Red-Eyes Fang With Chain.”

“So the only way that you could actually defeat it is by battle huh.” Yuri mused, falling into the dimension’s mindset of big attack numbers to out problematic boardstates, to which she merely shrugged her shoulders.

“That or you could use non targeting removal cards, like returning it back into the hand or shuffling it into the deck, or just non-targeting banish, anything that falls under the non-targeting and non-destruction removal aspect really.” She said, informing him of the other possible outs other than simple summoning a bigger monster than Leo Dancer.

As she finished doing so, she narrowed her eyes as she watched the brown haired boy go on with his turn. “Though with the deck that Fubuki is playing… I doubt that he actually has a way that could actually out that card other than with a high attack monster of his own.”

The chances of the brown haired duelist actually not knowing that the Lunalight Boss Monster that is Leo Dancer is immune to targeting is… high unfortunately, what with the duel disk not having a way to actually show what the opponent’s card text was, making it mandatory for people to actually have to basically read what was the card game’s equivalent of wikipedia articles to not lose to some random deck.

Said wikipedia articles are, however, incomplete, not having what would be deemed as ‘rare’ cards as there are multiple companies that actually print them out and multiple companies that manage the whole articles in the first place.

So it was undesirable how and why people of this dimension, and universe really if this kind of things happens in every other dimension as well, would fall for simple tricks and card text considering they don’t have full information of what they are facing against.

Well now that she thinks about it, it would actually make sense if they do come from different dimensions with only one kind of summoning mechanic were to be surprised by another summoning mechanic since they don’t exist and all, but that wasn’t the point.

As she kept musing on the topic of card text not being readable by the opponent, something that was incredibly dumb and stupid mind you, the match moved on and kept on going. “From my hand, I’ll activate a spell card!”

Fubuki then slapped on a card onto his duel disk, and the holographic image of the spell that he activated, that being the which depicted an image of a knight bowing to a glowing dragon, which was none other than Divine Dragon Lord Felgrand.

“Return of the Dragon Lords!” The brown haired duelist said, shouting the card’s name as it shone on the field. “This card lets me target one Level 7 or 8 Dragon monster in my graveyard and special summon it!”

He then took a card from his graveyard, and revealed it to his opponents to show which card he would revive with the spell’s effects. “I’ll target Red-Eyes Slash Dragon! And special summon it in attack position!”

Without any responses or disruption, the armoured bladed dragon returned back onto the field, letting out its draconic roar as it flew onto the field and stood floated menacingly alongside Cyber Eternity Dragon.

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2800/2400

With one card left in hand, Fubuki continued with his play, playing the last card that he had on hand. “Now, I’ll equip Red-Eyes Slash Dragon with the equip spell,Moon Mirror Shield!“ The image of the equip spell shone on the field briefly, before it manifested itself as a large round golden shield that equipped itself onto the left forearm of the bladed dragon.

“Oh? So he’s just playing equip good stuff huh.” She said, raising an eyebrow at the card that was just played, eyeing it with interest. “That’s an out for the current board. While also turning on Red-Eyes Slash Dragon’s targeting protection.”

“Battle! I’ll attack your Lunalight Leo Dancer with my Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!” As the brown haired boy declared, the black dragon roared loudly, flying high into the sky and descended onto the sword wielding Leo Dancer, the black dragon attacking with its bladed arm which was met by Leo Dancer’s own blade.

Serena narrowed her eyes at the move that Fubuki chose to do, seemingly wary of the equip spell that the boy had equipped onto his re-summoned dragon, but it seemed that her set card does nothing in the current situation as she does not respond with anything to the attack.

And so they went and entered the Damage Step, moving into the Damage Calculation where the effect of Moon Mirror Shield triggers making the brown haired duelist grin. “I’ll activate the effect of Moon Mirror Shield! If the equipped monster battles an opponent’s monster, during Damage Calculation, the equipped monster’s attack and defence becomes equal to the highest stat of the opponent’s battling monster plus 100 during the Damage Calculation only!“

The golden shield in the arm of the red-eyed dragon glowed brightly and the bladed dragon roared loudly with it, overpowering the sword wielding Fusion Monster in pure brute strength in their contest of blades. 

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 3600/3600

The red eyes of the red-eyed dragon glowed ominously as it roared once more, managing to break the Lunalight Fusion Monster’s own sword, allowing it an opening to slash the white haired Lunalight directly, destroying it in a glorious explosion and dealing the first damage that the two girls would take.

“Gh!” “Kya!” Serena and Mei both grunted and yelped at the destruction of their Fusion Monster, both looked up with awe and shock at how Fubuki had outed Lunalight Leo Dancer, though El Shaddoll Winda still stood on the field.

Mei & Serena: 7900LP 

“I’ll set one card face-down.” Fubuki said, setting the card that was known to be the added Red-Eyes Fang With Chain, a form of disruption that Mei had tried to counter with Jinzo, but to no avail. “And I’ll end my turn.” And Fubuki then passed with no cards in hand, Red-Eyes Slash Dragon with it’s targeting protection online and equipped with Moon Mirror Shield floating beside Cyber Eternity Dragon who still stood defensively in defence position, and Red-Eyes Fang With Chain set as his only backrow.

And he chose not to activate the effect of Red-Eyes Wyvern at the End Phase, seemingly saving it for a recursion later on rather than being under Winda’s lock, not that there’s any good target for the card currently.

And so the turn player changed, and Mei’s turn started. The violet haired girl seemed quite nervous, a bead of sweat poured down her head as she placed her hand over her duel disk. “My turn! I draw!” She then drew her card for the turn, moving onto the Standby Phase.

As she had mentioned before, the situation that Mei was in currently was incredibly bad, she was top decking on ABC while most of the pieces were banished with no way of them being recurred unless she either summoned back her ABC-Dragon Buster in the grave, properly summoned another one, or draw another copy of Union Scramble as her top deck.

While all of the choices above needed her to wait for her opponent's turn to recur back her recourses and plus with the graveyard effects of the ABC individual pieces they would at least get her back her recourses, but there was also another problem that stood in that way.

That being the monster that was still on their side of the field, which was the Fusion Monster El Shaddoll Winda and her lock, locking both players to only being able to special summon only once once per turn.

With Winda on the field Mei wouldn’t be able to do her normal combo plays, even if in the best case scenario, she top decked something that could help her extend, be it Union Hangar or Unauthorized Reactivation.

But whatever the top deck that the violet haired girl drew, the avenue for performing combos were open, as Ryo activated his face-down card during the Standby Phase. “I’ll activate my set card, Red-Eyes Fang With Chain!”

The set card was flipped face-up, shining brightly as it was activated and resolving its effects. “This card lets me target one ‘Red-Eyes’ monster that I control and equip this card to it! Giving it up to two attacks on monsters during each Battle Phase!”

“I’ll equip it to Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!” He then raised his hands high, activating another effect of the trap card as they moved on towards the Main Phase. “Now I’ll activate the second effect of Red-Eyes Fang With Chain! Which allows me to send that equipped card to the graveyard to target one effect monster on the field and equip it to the monster that this card was equipped to!”

He then pointed towards the only legal target that was available, that being none other than the walking floodgate that was El Shaddoll Winda. “I’ll target El Shaddoll Winda! And I’ll equip it to my Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

A black chain then shot out from the trap card, coiling itself at the Shaddoll Fusion Monster and pulling it towards the armoured red eyed dragon, absorbing it and turning it into an equip spell, reducing the dragon’s attack and defence to become equal to that of the monster that it had been equipped with.

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2200/800

With Winda being equipped to the revived Red-Eyes Fusion monster, the floodgate lock that limited each and every single player to only being able to special summon only once once per turn was gone, and Mei then started her first Main Phase.

The violet haired girl looked at the two cards that she had on hand, and turned her head to the cards that were on the field, and decided on the play that she would do. She closed her eyes for a small amount of time, before opening them, showing amber eyes burning with determination.

She took the card that she had top decked from, and raised it high. “I’ll activate the spell, Special Schedule!” She said as she slapped the card onto her duel disk’s sword projection, creating a hardlight copy of the card appearing on the field.

“This card allows me to target one Machine Monster in my graveyard with 3000 or more attack, and special summon it in defence position!” And apparently the card that she had top decked was none other than a card that one would usually find in trains more often than not, something that she personally would not have put in an ABC deck of all things.

There’s… certainly some synergy for the card to be run in ABC, but isn’t it better to run something like Monster Reborn? Then again she was pretty sure that none of them had that card considering how rare and expensive the card was, not even she had a single copy of the card, and she basically had a whole System dedicated to giving her cards.

She guessed that there’s no other way to actually recur ABC-Dragon Buster in normal builds of the deck, so that is indeed a choice for a tech option. But it seemed that both players had managed to draw an incredibly great top deck.

She doesn’t even bother pointing out how improbable it was that they had both just top decked either a search card and an incredibly specific revival spell card. That’s just something that just happens in this world normally in this kind of matches.

“I’ll special summon ABC-Dragon Buster in defence position!” Meii took the card back from her graveyard and slapped it on her duel disk’s sword projection, and the two headed Machine Union Monster appeared back on the field, standing on in defence position.

ABC-Dragon Buster- Light/Machine/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 3000/2800

With her Fusion Monster of choice back on the field, Mei continued with her turn. “I’ll activate the set card!” She said, revealing the face-down card that was set by none other than Serena, flipping it face-up and revealing what it was.

“Resh Shaddoll Incarnation!” She said the revival trap’s name, the card depicting Qadshaddoll Keios binded by binds of hard light shone. “This card lets me target one ‘Shaddoll’ monster in my graveyard and special summon it in face-up or face-down defence position!”

She then picked her choice of monster to revive with its effect, and of course the choice was none other than the Fusion Monster that remained in the graveyard. “I’ll special summon El Shaddoll Construct in face-up defence position!”

Placing the card on her duel disk’s sword projection, the Fairy Fusion Monster returned onto the field, standing in defence position next to the newly summoned ABC-Dragon Buster, standing protectively over its summoner.

El Shaddoll Construct - Light/Fairy/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 2800/2500

She tuned out the deafening cheer of the crowd to focus more on the board. The two monsters on the field still doesn’t out the board, none of them truly does have a way of outing Cyber Eternity Dragon, though it does outs the Red-Eyes Slash Dragon, especially if Mei chain blocks ABC-Dragon Buster’s banishing effect with its tag out effect.

But that was something that could only be done on her opponent’s turn, as the tag out effect could only be activated then, but the effect that immediately activates was none other than the effect of El Shaddoll Construct which triggers on its special summon. “I’ll activate the effect of El Shaddoll Construct!” Mei declared.

“If this card is special summoned, I can send one ‘Shaddoll’ card from my deck to the graveyard!” She explained the card’s on summon effect once more, and showed the card that she would mill with its effect. “I’ll send my own copy of Shaddoll Beast to the graveyard!‘

She sends the Dark Spellcaster to the graveyard, in doing so activating its effect. “Shaddoll Beast’s effect! If this card is sent to the graveyard by a card effect, I can draw one card!” With its effects, Mei drew another card, getting a free draw with its effect.

She looked at the card that she had drawn, and the B-Buster Drake that was basically rotting in her hand, and decided her play. “I’ll end my turn.” Which was to none other than ending her turn, passing it to her opponent with a board of ABC-Dragon Buster and El Shaddoll Construct, two cards in hand and no card in the backrow.

And so the violet haired girl’s turn ended, and though she didn’t manage to break the board that the two boys she was facing had established, she had managed to reestablish her own board, resummoning the two Fusion Monsters that were destroyed.

Now facing a disruption and a Fusion Monster that his deck had trouble dealing with, Ryo started his turn. “My turn! I draw!” He said as he drew his card in his Draw Phase, starting his turn with two cards in his hand.

Mei, who had her whole board of machines being easily broken by a special summoned Cyber Dragon, watched the blue haired boy like a hawk. Keeping her one form of disruption and waiting for an important and integral summon from the blue haired boy.

Ryo started his turn, activating one of the two cards that were in his hand, and that being the card that was already known. “I’ll activate the spell, Cyber Repair Plant!” He said, activating the spell that he had added with the effect of Cyber Dragon Core during his turn.

“If ‘Cyber Dragon’ is in my graveyard, I can activate one of these effects!” He declared, explaining the first line of the spell’s effect. “This card allows me to either add one Light Machine Monster from my deck to my hand, or target one Light Machine Monster in my graveyard and shuffle that target into my deck.”

The boy then chose which of the two effects that he would activate. “I’ll activate the first effect, and add Cyber Dragon Core to my hand!” Ryo added the monster from his deck to his hand, getting a normal summonable monster that would net him while also possibly breaking the board should he summon another Chimeratech Fortress Dragon with it.

And sure enough, he did. “I’ll normal summon Cyber Dragon Core!” Placing a card on his duel disk, the skeletal frame of the titular Cyber Dragon appeared on Ryo’s side of the field, standing next to the two other Fusion Monsters that were on his field.

Cyber Dragon Core - Light/Machine/Level 2/Effect: 400/1500

“Core’s effect!” The blue haired boy declared, starting a chain with the monster’s on summon effect. “If this card is normal or special summoned, I can add one ‘Cyber’ spell or trap from my deck to my hand!”

Mei of course, responded to the monster’s on summon effect, chaining her one and only form of disruption to the activation. “I’ll activate the effect of ABC-Dragon Buster! I’ll discard one card to target and banish Cyber Dragon Core! I’ll discard B-Buster Drake from my hand!”

“Eh? Why’d she do that?” She heard Grace say, and as she turned to look at the silver haired girl, she saw her with creased eyebrows and a confused look on her face. “Wouldn’t Ryo just negate the effect with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon?”

“Yeah, didn’t she have to first destroy the card that was equipped to it first so that she could banish it in the first turn?” Gloria commented as well, agreeing with her sister’s observation, thinking that since the targeting negation of Red-Eyes Slash Dragon was online, the banishing effect of ABC-Dragon Buster would simply be negated.

But before there could be a window for the two boys to respond to the targeting banish effect of ABC-Dragon Buster however, the other effect of the Fusion Monster was activated. “And I’ll chain the second effect of ABC-Dragon Buster!” Mei declared, waving her right arm wide as she did so.

“During my opponent’s turn, as a Quick Effect, I can tribute this card to target three of my banished Light Machine Union Monsters with different names and summon them!” As she explained the second effect of the Fusion Monster’s tag out effect, she showed the three cards that she would tag into.

“I’ll target my banished A-Assault Core, C-Crush Wyvern, and Union Driver!” She declared the three targets that she chose as the monsters that she would tag into after the twin headed Machine Union Fusion Monster tributed itself as cost, closing the window for Ryo and Fubuki to interact with the disruption with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon.

The two boys watched with wide eyes as the chain resolves backwards, the three monsters that Mei had chose as her targets coming back onto the field, them being the orange-ish scorpion based A-Assault Core, the purple mechanical wyvern that was C-Crush Wyvern, and the futuristic Union Monster that was Union Driver, with only Wyvern being summoned in defence while the other two remained in attack position.

A-Assault Core - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1900/200

C-Crush Wyvern - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1200/2000

Union Driver - Light/Machine/Union/Level 5/Effect: 2100/1000

The chain continued, with the skeletal core of the titular Cyber Dragon being banished from the field due to ABC-Dragon Buster’s banishing effect, and with Ryo adding a Cyber spell or trap with its on summon effect. 

And the card he chose was none other than the card that was seemingly his one and only out to the Fusion Monster that still remained on Mei and Serena’s board. “I’ll add the trap, Cybernetic Overflow, to my hand.” He said as he collected himself back from the chain that the violet haired girl had just performed, and added the removal trap to his hand.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw the twins gaping at the display, clearly surprised at the turn of events that had just happened. And as she turned her head to see her other seat companion, she also saw that Yuri’s eyes were widened, holding a glint of awe in them.

“W-what the?! How did she do that!” Grace asked, snapping her whole body to turn towards her while frantically pointing at the three monsters that now occupied the monster zones on Mei and Serena’s board.

“Ryo would have definitely negated that right!? He definitely would have right?!” The silver haired girl asked, turning around wildly, only being stopped when her sister placed a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

“Whether it’s Ryo or Fubuki, both of them would have most certainly negated the banishing effect with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon, especially since it currently has two cards that it was equipped to.” The golden haired girl stated, knowing what the two duelists that had beaten them in the first match would do.

And knowing exactly that, she had narrowed her eyes as she turned towards her and asked the same question that her sister did. “So why didn’t they? Is there something that Mei did that made it so that they couldn’t do it?”

“Was it… how she activated ABC-Dragon Buster’s effects?” They all turned to Yuri, who had a contemplative look on his face with a hand under his chin, his eyes never leaving the middle of the colosseum where the match still continued to rage on.

She couldn’t help but smile widely at the purple haired boy’s observation, beaming as she answered his question. “Correct!” She said as she patted his hair, ruffling up his hair, though as she lifted her hand she saw that the two antennae-like fringes returned even as she messed up his hair.

“The thing that Mei did is what you can call chain blocking.” She started the small lecture in chaining effect, intending to briefly explain how it works. “The thing that really matters in this situation is how Red-Eyes Slash Dragon’s targeting negation is only a ‘when’ effect, meaning that it could miss timing, just like the case that you see right before you.”

She then pointed towards the three monsters that were summoned with ABC-Dragon Buster’s effect. “In this case, Mei is able to chain both effects of ABC-Dragon Buster because both of its effects are Quick Effect, meaning that they’re chainable to one another.”

“So what you’re saying is,” Grace started, “is that because Mei activated both of ABC-Dragon Buster’s effects in succession, she made it so that her banishing effect can’t be negated by Red-Eyes Slash Dragon?”

“If we want to be more precise, then it’s more correct to say that their response window for Red-Eyes Slash’s ‘when’ targeting negation effect couldn’t be activated since it’s a ‘when’ effect and all, but that’s correct, yes.” She said, nodding her head to the astute conclusion of the silver haired girl.

They returned to focus on the match, watching the blue haired boy continue with his turn though his normal summon for the turn was banished. “Battle!” He declared, moving onto the Battle Phase.

“I’ll attack Union Driver with Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!” The blue haired boy declared the attack, and the armored dragon then roared and pounced, attacking the Union Machine Monster with its bladed arm, slicing it and sending it to the graveyard.

The two girls both flinched as their monster was destroyed, receiving a small hint of damage from the attack that they received from the armored red-eyed dragon whose attack was treated as the same as Winda, receiving only 100 points of damage.

Mei & Serena: 7800LP 

“I’ll set two cards face-down.” The blue haired boy then set two cards onto his spell and trap zone, one of them being the Cybernetic Overflow that he had added with the effect of Cyber Dragon Core. “And I’ll end my turn.” And with that he ended his turn, sitting behind Red-Eyes Slash Dragon equipped with an El Shaddoll Winda and Moon Mirror Shield alongside Cyber Eternity Dragon and two cards being set as his backrow being Cybernetic Overflow and an unknown, with no cards left in his hands.

“Mei really made a big comeback from her situation though.” She muttered aloud as she watched how the match had eventually devolved into a grind game thanks to Ryo summoning Cyber Eternity Dragon that the girls currently can't out with their current board.

If this truly does turn into a grind game then it's undoubtedly going to favour Mei and her ABC, a deck that is quite notorious for its turn three board and ability to keep summoning out ABC-Dragon Buster's, though that was helped out a lot thanks to the existence of Link Monsters and their summoning mechanic.

Fubuki has a Red-Eyes Wyvern in rotation, meaning that he could recur a Red-Eyes monster, his plan was probably of course to recur his Red-Eyes Slash Dragon should it get destroyed, but the problem was the possibility that it could get banished like what had just happened with Cyber Dragon Core. Though that'll take a few turns to happen and it's more likely that Serena would blow it up first with El Shaddoll Construct first.

That is, if Ryo doesn't destroy it with his Cybernetic Overflow at the first chance that he gets, though that would probably net her back the Resh Shaddoll Incarnation that Mei had used to revive Construct.

She tilted her head as she scanned the whole board once more. Now that she thought about it, whatever the move was, Serena would still net herself that Resh Shaddoll Incarnation, since Winda was equipped to Red-Eyes Slash Dragon, if it's sent to the grave on the dragon's destruction, it would recur the indigo haired girl a Shaddoll spell or trap from her grave, which at the current grave, was either Resh Shaddoll Incarnation or Shaddoll Fusion.

This game was incredibly on the purplettes favour now, especially since they had basically established a loop that would keep giving them resources in the form of El Shaddoll Construct or El Shaddoll Widna and Resh Shaddoll Incarnation, being able to revive either of them with the latter trap card which in turn was recurrable with the two Fusion Monster's floating effect.

She was once again reminded of how truly terrifying Shaddolls were in a closed format, especially with a loop like the one that she had seen the two purple haired girl craft with them.

“It's my turn!” Serena declared, placing a hand over her duel disk. “I draw!” And drew her card for the turn, starting her turn with four cards in her hand and an almost full board of monsters.

The indigo haired girl didn't even take a second to think on what card she would play, as she immediately summoned a monster onto the field. “I'll normal summon Lunalight White Rabbit!”

She slammed the card onto her duel disk, and the mallet wielding white rabbit Beast-Warrior appeared on the field, twirling her weapon of choice as she danced around and stood in front of its summoner.

Lunalight White Rabbit - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 2/Effect: 800/800

The newly summoned Lunalight monster then glowed with a purple aura, her attack being boosted slightly with the effect of Tenki being on the board.

Lunalight White Rabbit - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 2/Effect: 900/800

“White Rabbit's effect!” Serena called out, declaring the Lunalight monsters on summon effect. “If this card is normal summoned, I can target one Lunalight monster in the graveyard and special summon it in defence position!”

At the declaration of the monster's effect, she couldn't help but lean forward a bit more on her seat. The best choice was to probably revive Kaleido Chick to go through what was basically the same combo line, as Leo Dancer was a Fusion Monster that can only be special summoned by fusing and can't be special summoned by any other ways.

But doing that would leave it wide open to Cybernetic Overflow destroying said Kaleido Chick before it could activate its effect and send for cost, though currently, if she remembered the cards that was the two boy's graveyard, then he could pop one card on the field since the only card that it could banish for cost with the trap was none other than the titular Cyber Dragon itself, the one that was summoned with Machine Dupe and was destroyed with Leo Dancer's board wipe effect during Serena's first turn.

And she made her choice in a split second, choosing to revive the card that was undoubtedly the best choice in her current situation just as she had predicted. “I’ll special summon Lunalight Kaleido Chick in defence position!”

The kaleidoscopic cape-like winginged Lunalight monster then appeared on the field, twirling and dancing as she appeared and stood beside the resummoned El Shaddoll Construct.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1400/800

Said Lunalight monster then glowed with a purple aura, her attack being boosted slightly with the effect of Tenki being on the board, increasing her attack by a mere 100.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1500/800

Having seen where this line of play would have gone, and along with White Rabbit itself being able of returning a set backrow that he controlled, he shotgunned his set card like before. “I’ll activate the trap card, Cybernetic Overflow!”

The trap card was flipped face-up, and it's holographic projection shone as its effect resolved. "With its effect I'll banish the remaining Cyber Dragon in my graveyard to destroy your Lunalight Kaleido Chick!"

The trap card's effect resolves at the summon of the Lunalight monster, a bright blue beam being shot directly onto it, and destroying it with its non-targeting destruction effect which bypassed the targeting protection of Lunalight Fox that was in grave.

The indigo haired girl frowned at seeing her newly summoned monster getting destroyed, but continued with the remaining cards that she had on hand. “I'll activate the spell, Luna Light Perfume!”

She placed the spell card on her duel disk, and the holographic projection of the spell shone. “Luna Light Perfume lets me target one 'Lunalight' monster in my graveyard and special summon it!” She said, explaining the spell's on field effect.

“I'll special summon Lunalight Kaleido Chick once more!” With that declaration, the Lunalight monster made its way onto the field once more. Being special summoned from the grave for the second time of the turn.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1400/800

And once more, said Lunalight monster then glowed with a purple aura, her attack being boosted slightly with the effect of Tenki being on the board, increasing her attack by a mere 100.

Lunalight Kaleido Chick - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 1500/800

“Now I'll activate Lunalight Kaleido Chick's effect!” Serena declared at last, activating the effect of the Lunalight monster that she had just summoned. “Once per turn, I can send one 'Lunalight' monster from my deck or Extra Deck to the graveyard and treat this card as the sent monster if it were used as a fusion material this turn!”

Done with the on of the monster's effect, Serena revealed the card that she would be sending to the graveyard as cost. explanation of the card’s effect, the girl revealed the card that she would mill for the cost of the card’s effect. “I’ll send my second copy of Lunalight Yellow Marten!” She took the card from her deck and sent it to the graveyard, the monster’s silhouette appearing behind the Kaleido Chick.

“I’ll activate Lunalight Yellow Marten’s other effect!” She declared once again. “I can target one ‘Lunalight’ monster that I control and return it to the hand to special summon this card in defence position! However, it is banished if it leaves the field.” Serena said, explaining the other graveyard effect that Yellow Marten had as she pointed towards the one Lunalight monster that was on her field.

“I’ll return Lunalight Kaleido Chick to my hand, and special summon Lunalight Yellow Marten in defence position!” The kaleidoscope winged Lunalight monster then disappeared from the field, being returned to the hand, and in her place the fluffy tailed marten Beast-Warrior appeared on the field.

Lunalight Yellow Marten - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 800/2000

The defence position monster then glowed with power, her attack being boosted by Fire Formation - Tenki.

Lunalight Yellow Marten - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Level 4/Effect: 900/2000

Now that, was a move that she noted, as it meant that the girl would be able to save that copy of Kaleido Chick for a later turn. Should she go for a Fusion Summon this turn, she could use both Lunalight monster that was currently on her field and Lunalight Panther Dancer from her Extra Deck, saving the copy of Lunalight Kaleido Chick for when her next turn comes to do the combo again.

The thing that she was quite concerned about however was the amount of resources that the indigo haired girl was expending, this was after all, the second copy of her archetype’s fusion spell, and she was pretty sure that Serena doesn’t run more than two copies of Lunalight Yellow Marten.

And as she was pondering on the topic, Serena continued to play her next card, or rather activate the effect of a card on her field. “I’ll activate the effect of Lunalight White Rabbit! Once per turn, I can target spell or trap cards you control up to the number of other ‘Lunalight’ cards I control and return them to the hand!”

She then pointed towards the one remaining card that was in Ryo’s spell and trap zone, the one unknown card that the blue haired boy had set in his turn. “I’ll return your set card to the hand!” 

The white rabbit slammed her mallet into the ground, creating a wave that bounced back the one set card back to its owner's hand.  With the unknown set card out of the way, Serena continued to play her next card. “I’ll activate the spell, Lunalight Fusion!” She declared, activating the fusion spell for her archetype. 

“I’ll fuse Lunalight Yellow Marten and Lunalight White Rabbit on my field, with Lunalight Blue Cat from my deck!” She declared the three monsters that she would use as fusion materials, and the three monsters floated upwards as they were absorbed by a spiral of blue and purple.

“O yellow marten! O rabbit who shines under the moonlight! Along with the cat of darkness! Become one in the spiral of power and show your new power!” The girl chanted as she clasped her hands and brought them down.

“Fusion Summon! Appear! Lunalight Sabre Dancer!” The monster that appeared was one that carried two long silver sabres, adorned with many golden rings and circlets along her body and tail, her side skirt flowing as the half-masked Fusion Monster danced on the battlefield.

Lunalight Sabre Dancer - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Level 9/Effect: 3000/2600

The newly summoned Fusion Monster then glowed slightly as it had its attack boosted slightly by the continuous spell that was on the field.

Lunalight Sabre Dancer - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Level 9/Effect: 3100/2600

“Oh right, this card outs Cyber Eternity Dragon.” She let out aloud as she saw Serena summon what was arguably the Lunalight Fusion Monster whose attack would surely dwarf over Cyber Eternity’s defence.

 

“Sabre Dancer’s effect!” Serena declared, “This card gains 200 attack for each Beast-Warrior monster that is banished or in the graveyards!” She said, explaining its innate attack boosting effect.

“The Beast-Warrior cards that are currently in the graveyard are two copies of Lunalight White rabbit, Lunalight Red Fox, two Lunalight Panther Dancer, Lunalight leo Dancer, Lunalight Blue Cat, a Lunalight Yellow Marten and a banished Lunalight Yellow Marten!” She said, listing of the Beast-Warriors that are in the graveyard and banish zone.

“T-that’s nine monsters!” Fubuki said with wide eyes as he counted along with the girl of the number of Beast-Warriors that she listed.

“That’s right!” She said with a smirk. “And that means that Sabre Dancer gains 1800 attack!” WIth that declaration, the twin sabred Fusion Monster twirled her two blades as she danced, her body glowing with power as she gained a boost of attack from her innate boosting effect..

Lunalight Sabre Dancer - Dark/Beast-Warrior/Fusion/Level 9/Effect: 4900/2600

“I’ll switch El Shaddoll Construct and C-Crush Wyvern to attack position!” The indigo haired girl said, switching the revived Fusion Monster, along with the remaining materials of the ABC-Buster Dragon that was still on defence to attack position. “Battle! I’ll attack your Red-Eyes Slash Dragon with El Shaddoll Construct!”

The Fusion Fairy Monster attack, shooting strings of purple energy towards the armoured dragon, and before the effect of Moon Mirror Shield could even trigger its effect during the Damage Calculation, the effect of Construct activates on the start of the Damage Step.

“Construct’s effect! At the start of the Damage Step, it destroys the monster that it battles if it was special summoned!” She said, explaining Construct’s mandatory effect, and the red-eyed dragon was then constricted by the strings of energy, destroying it and turning the dragon into motes of light.

But it was here that an incredibly strange chain of effects started to activate. The one that started the chain was none other than Fubuki. “I’ll activate the effect of Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

As he declared so, she couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. What effect was he activating at this point? “Don’t tell me…” Was this world’s Red-Eyes Slash Dragon’s floating effect not limited to only monsters equipped to it that was in his graveyard?

And it certainly was, as Fubuki explained the floating effect that differed from her own world’s Red-Eyes Slash Dragon. “If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, I can special summon as many monsters from the graveyard that was equipped to this card!”

The one and only monster that was equipped to Slash Dragon before it was destroyed was none other than El Shaddoll Winda, the walking floodgate, though it certainly wouldn’t do much in this current situation other than being a wall.

But before it would be special summoned, Winda’s own effect triggered. “El Shaddoll Winda’s effect!” Serena declared back, waving her arms as she did so. “If this card is sent to the graveyard, I can target one ‘Shaddoll’ spell or trap in my graveyard and add it to my hand!”

With no other cards and their effects being activated, the chain resolves, starting off first with the floating effect of Winda. “I’ll add the trap, Resh Shaddoll Reincarnation to my hand!” Serena said, adding back the revival trap from their grave to her hand.

“And I’ll special summon El Shaddoll Winda in defence position.” Ryo said, special summoning the monster onto their side of the field in defence position, letting the corrupted spellcaster stand on top of her dragon in defence position.

El Shaddoll Winda - Dark/Spellcaster/Level 5/Fusion/Effect: 2200/800

With the chain being resolved, the Battle Phase continued, and Serena pushed further on. “Lunalight Sabre Dancer! Attack Cyber Eternity Dragon!” The indigo haired duelist commanded, and her Fusion Monster obliged.

With a graceful dash, the double wielding Lunalight monster closed in the distance with the large Cyber Dragon. It attempted to swat the Fusion Monster off with its tail, moving its serpent like body to intercept, but the Lunalight monster easily pushed forwards, dancing through all of its obstacle before coming in contact with the monster head on, cleanly bisecting its head with the swipe of her twin sabres.

And with just that, the Cyber Dragon Fusion Monster was destroyed and removed from the field, garnering an extremely large cheer from the audience around them as the Fusion Monster that had managed to stall for two whole turns had finally been removed from the field. 

“Cyber Dragon Eternity’s effect!” Ryo declared, activating the monster’s floating effect. “If this Fusion Summoned card that I control is sent to the graveyard by an opponent’s card, I can special summon one ‘Cyber Dragon’ from my hand, deck, or graveyard! I’ll special summon Cyber Dragon from my deck!”

As the boy hadn’t special summoned while Winda had been on the field, he was still allowed to special summon for the turn, and he decided to summon the titular mechanical machine in attack positon.

Cyber Dragon - Light/Machine/Level 5/Effect: 2100/1600

“I’ll Continue! I’ll attack El Shaddoll Winda with C-Crush Wyvern!” With a mechanical cry, the purple wyvern shot out its salvo of missiles from its pods, destroying the revived Fusion Monster and sending it to the graveyard.

This in turn, activated the monster’s floating effect once more, as it wasn’t a hard once per turn. “Winda’s effect! Since it was sent to the graveyard I can add one ‘Shaddoll’ spell or trap card in my graveyard! This time I'll add Shaddoll Fusion!” Serena said, adding the Shaddoll spell card that was the reaiming legal target to her hand.

Though Serena still had A-Assault Core remaining to attack with, she of course opted not to attack as it has lower stats than the sole remaining monster that was in Ryo and Fubuki’s control.

“I’ll set one card face-down.” Serena said as she set a face-down card on her spell and trap zone, the card being telegraphed to be Resh Shaddoll Reincarnation, perhaps aimed to recur El Shaddoll Winda and set up the Winda lock on her opponent’s turn.

“And with that, I'll end my turn.” The indigo haired duelist ended her turn after she had thoroughly cleaned her opponent’s board, her whole field filled to the brim with monsters, them being Lunalight Sabre Dancer, El Shaddoll Winda, A-Assault Core, and C-Crush Wyvern, a set card which was telegraphed to be Resh Shaddoll Fusion and a Fire Formation - Tenki that still remained on the field with three card still remaining in hand, two of which being the known Lunalight Kaleido Chick and Shaddoll Fusion.

It was a full board, and she even has a card that could start off her next turn in the form of Kaleido Chick and basically a full hand, if this grind game continued then the two boys would certainly lose, especially from the position that they were in with no cards left on the board.

“My turn!” The brown haired boy continued on, moving the turn order and placed his hands on the top of his deck. Their chances to win in this match now were… quite small, especially as he was top decking with a Red-Eyes deck.

There really wasn’t much that could get them out of the situation, even if he did get the strongest card in his deck, which she was quite sure was Red-Eyes Fusion, as his top deck, she was quite sure that none of the monsters that he could summon with the titular fusion spell could do much.

Really, as far as she knows the only monster the spell could summon that could clearly flip this whole situation was none other than Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon, a card that she was adamant of even pulling, let alone releasing it to the masses.

What other card could possibly change the situation? Not much could change the current board state really. Perhaps Evenly Matched? No, Fubuki still has a monster on board, even if he removed it Serena could still leave either Construct or Winda on the board to keep the advantage engine on with their Shaddolls.

Whatever the case was, he needs to top deck a card that would help him break the board, a board wipe, or an equaliser that would simplify the game state, that or a card that would stall him a turn.

The boy gripped the top of his deck tightly, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, being in deep concentration. The colosseum that surrounded the two pairs of duelists had also fallen silent, the audience holding their breath as they felt the tension that hung in the air.

She could even see the two girls that were in the middle of the colosseum looking quite tense, the two purplettes both also felt the intense tension of the field, both knowing that their board was still outable with the right combination of cards and were not letting their guard down.

“I DRAW!” Said silence was then sliced by the loud declaration of the brown haired duelist, drawing the top card of his deck and creating an arc as he drew it. Once more, everyone held their breath as the turn moved onto the Standby Phase, the brown haired boy glancing at the card that was in his hand.

“I’ll activate the trap! Resh Shaddoll Reincarnation!” Serena declared with equal bravado, shotgunning the revival trap during Fubuki’s Standby Phase. “I’ll special summon El Shaddoll Winda in defence position!”

The wyrm riding spellcaster appeared on Serena’s side of the field once again, placing her staff in front of her body protectively as she sat atop of her corrupted wyrm, filling their side of the board with monsters.

El Shaddoll Winda - Dark/Spellcaster/Level 5/Fusion/Effect: 2200/800

With the Winda lock once more established, Fubuki could only special summon once this turn using the one card that he had left in hand, and with Winda being indestructible by card effects, he could only out the monster by battle.

But he didn’t, the boy looked at the card in his hand with wide eyes and contemplated on the play that he would do for the turn. He turned towards his partner, to whom merely nodded his head, fully trusting whatever his decision would be.

And he soon decided, taking a deep breath before exhaling and raising the card in his hand high. “I’ll special summon Cyber Eltanin!” He shouted aloud, slamming the card onto his duel disk.

The girl’s eyes all widened as they all saw Fubuki summon the monster that had won Ryo the previous match against Grace and Gloria. “I can special summon this card by banishing all Light Machine monsters from my field and graveyard!” The brown haired boy declared the monster’s summoning condition, and banished the monsters that fits the criteria.

“I’ll banish Cyber Twin Dragon, and Cyber Eternity Dragon from my graveyard, along with the Cyber Dragon in the field, and summon Cyber Eltanin in defence position!” With the two Fusion Monsters being banished for the summoning cost of the monster, the gigantic cyber machine was summoned onto the field, its six floating head flew around it as the giant machine appeared on the field.

Cyber Eltanin - Light/Machine/Level 10/Effect: ?/?

“Cyber Eltanin’s attack is equal to the number of monsters that were banished for its special summon times 500! So it’s defence is 1000!” The brown haired boy declared so, the multi headed machine roared with all of its heads, each letting out a mechanical cry as they did.

Cyber Eltanin - Light/Machine/Level 10/Effect: 1500/1500

“Now Eltanin’s effect activates!” Fubuki continued to declare, continuing to trigger the monster’s on summon effect. “If this card is special summoned, I send all other face-up monsters on the field to the graveyard!”

Both boys then raised their hands above, pointing up towards the giant mechanical machine whose floating heads were ready to fire off their salvo. ““Constellation Siege!”” They said in unison as beams of light were fired to clear the board.

The purplettes had no cards to activate in response to the monster’s effect activation, and its effect then resolves, sending all monsters that were on the field to the graveyard, wiping both of their whole board, sending the remaining pieces of ABC-Dragon Buster, the two Shaddoll Fusion Monster, Lunalight Sabre Dancer.

The whole board was cleared, with both Shaddoll Fusion Monsters being sent to the graveyard, their floating effect activated, though only one of them could resolve. “Construct effect, I’ll add Resh Shaddoll Reincarnation to my graveyard.” The indigo haired girl growled out as she added back the Shaddoll revival trap that she had just used this turn to her hand.

The other floating effect of the monsters that were sent to the graveyard did not trigger and activate, meaning that Serena doesn’t run the other parts of ABC-Dragon Buster, unlike Fubuki who apparently has some Cyber Dragon cards like Eltanin in his deck.

With no monsters capable of attacking, and no other cards remaining in hand, the brown haired boy’s turn eventually ended. “I’ll end my turn.” He said as he ended his turn with no cards in hand and a single monster standing on the board. 

But apparently that wasn’t all that the brown haired boy had. “At the End Step, I’ll activate the effect of Red-Eyes Wyvern in my graveyard!” Fubuki declared loudly at the End Phase of the turn, activating the effect of the monster that he had sent to the grave earlier during his turn with Red-Eyes Insight.

“Once per turn, during the End Phase, I can banish this card from the graveyard, then target one ‘Red-Eyes’ monster in the graveyard and special summon it!” He explained the card’s effect that once more deviates from the effect that she knew the original version of her own world has.

“I’ll special summon Red-Eyes Slash Dragon in defence position!” He declared loudly, and once more, for the nth time of the match, the armoured red-eyes dragon had returned onto his side of the field, once again roaring as it flapped its large wings.

Red-Eyes Slash Dragon - Dark/Dragon/Fusion/Level 7/Effect: 2800/2400

And there wasn’t even another restriction at the end of the card’s effect that prevents normal summoning or setting attached, not to mention it can just be activated at any End Phase, that’s an extremely better counterpart to the one that she knew.

It makes it a perfect card to mill out of Red-Eyes Insight too, it was no wonder that the brown haired boy was running more than one copy of the card, which also meant that it was also a great play from Mei to had banish it with Naelshaddoll Ariel on her first turn.

And so the turn truly did end and pass, with the pair of boy’s boards being filled with an Eltanin with only a mere 1500 point of attack and a Red-Eyes Slash Dragon that was special summon in defence position.

But even so, she still believed that the game was still heavily in Mei and Serena’s favour, the violet haired girl probably couldn’t end the game this turn sadly, considering that the two boys still had a sum of Life Points that could keep them barely in the game if they survived a direct attack from ABC-Dragon Buster. 

She certainly had some cards in hand that she could discard to use its banishing effect, not to mention that she would get another one at the start of her turn, and with the Red-Eyes Slash Dragon who was on the field not having its targeting protection active, it will be easy pickings to sweep the whole board.

Although the situation might change depending on the card that the girl drew for turn, if it was the Field Spell, then the game was pretty much over as she could easily amass some bodies onto the field, and depending on the other card in her hand, end the game.

She squinted her eyes, trying to see the violet haired girl’s facial expression from her seat and continuously shuffling to see the giant screen that zoomed on her, trying to see her tells to know if she has game in hand or if she had to draw it for as her top deck of the turn. 

The violet haired girl had her mouth flat out in a line, her eyes were narrowed and beads of sweat were falling down as shown by the close up zoomed image. It was an image that showed a tense expression, giving her the answer that she wanted to know.

“It’s my turn!” Mei said aloud, mustering as much vigour as the brown haired boy previously did as she placed her hand over her deck. Another tense moment passed through the audience, and she too, held her breath for what the girl would draw.

“Draw!” She shouted, drawing the card for her turn. The violet haired girl then took a look at the card in her hand, and she saw how her expression churned, her mouth having almost turned into a scowl and her grip of the card tightened. 

She still didn’t have it then, was what she had concluded as she continued to see the violet haired girl continue with her turn. “I’ll banish A-Assault Core, B-Buster Drake, and C-Crush Wyvern from my graveyard to Contact Fusion ABC-Dragon Buster!”

Like the first time that the monster was summoned in the match, the three machines appeared on the field, their parts interlocking with one another to fuse into a singular monster, creating the second copy of the infamous Fusion Monster.

ABC-Dragon Buster- Light/Machine/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 3000/2800

“Battle!” The girl declared immediately, moving immediately to the Battle Phase without performing any more summons for the turn. “I’ll attack your Red-Eyes Slash Dragon with my ABC-Dragon Buster!”

Her eyes widened, and she even almost leaped out of her chair at the miss play that the girl was about to commit. The mechanical machine opened its two maws, shooting beams of energy towards the armoured dragon.

And the attack hits, creating a large cloud of dust, the battle resolves until the Damage Calculation, where Red-Eyes Slash Dragon is supposedly destroyed by battle. “I’ll activate the effect of Return of the Dragon Lords in my graveyard!” Fubuki declared.

“If a Dragon Monster that I control would be destroyed by battle or card effects, I can banish this card instead!” As the smoke dissipates, the red-eyed dragon was seen to be protected by a veil of energy, protecting it from being destroyed by battle.

It was another misplay, one that was undoubtedly caused by stress and pressure, that the violet haired girl had done for the match, one that had elongated the game. Mei grit her teeth, frustrated at herself at the misplay that she had done. “I’ll activate the effect of ABC-Dragon Buster! I’ll discard Jinzo - Jector to banish your Red-Eyes Slash Dragon!”

The mechanical monster shot its beam of energy again, once more banishing the armoured red-eyed dragon from play and leaving the Cyber Eltanin to be the only monster that remains on Fubuki and Ryo’s field.

“I-I’ll end my turn…” And just with that, the violet haired girl lacklusterly ended her turn, managing to summon her Boss Monster once again and having a card in hand to fuel for its cost.

It was a question why the girl hadn’t just set the monster to add a wall, but having some discard fodder for ABC-Dragon Buster is always welcome, she guessed.

The turn controller changed once more after the quick turn had gone, changing back to Ryo once again. “My turn, I’ll draw!” Unlike the two before him, the blue haired boy drew for the turn immediately without any hesitation.

He merely glanced at the card that he drew for the turn for a mere second before deciding on what he’ll do for the turn, the lines of moves and plays playing in his head. “I’ll summon Cyber Dragon Core!‘

And the card that the blue haired duelist had ripped of the top of his deck was none other than the Cyber Dragon’s own monster that would allow him a search of a Cyber spell or trap at its summon, while also contesting the ABC-Dragon Buster simply by being treated as Cyber Dragon on field.

It was back to this song and dance once again, a scenario that had already been played before was playing again, and the same exact responses were played in sequence. “I’ll activate its effect to add one ‘Cyber’ spell or trap to my hand!”

“I’ll discard Limiter Removal from my hand to banish it! And I’ll chain ABC-Dragon Buster’s tag out effect!” The two duelist played the song and dance exactly the same as last time, with Mei responding to Core’s on summon effect with the two effect of her Boss Monster.

“I’ll special summon A-Assault Core, B-Buster Drake, and C-Crush Wyvern!” This time however, the monster’s that Mei summons with ABC-Dragon Buster’s tag out effect were the three monsters which were its materials, assuring her that she would get the benefits from their floating effect should anything happen.

The giant Machine Fusion Monster separated itself into its three materials, summoning A-Assault Core in attack position while B-Buster Drake and C-Crush Wyvern was in defence positon.

A-Assault Core - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1900/200

B-Buster Drake - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1500/1800

C-Crush Wyvern - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1200/2000

The chain continues to resolve of course, and the summoned Cyber Dragon Core was banished, allowing Ryo to add a Cyber spell or trap to his hand. “I’ll add Cyberload Fusion to my hand!” He roared out, adding the fusion spell to his hand.

“From my hand, I’ll activate the spell, Cybernetic Horizon!” The boy said as he activated the card that was in his hand, the same card that was bounced back to said hand by the effect of Lunalight White Rabbit.

It was another support card that she had given him, though if she remembered correctly this version of the card had been worded differently from the original card that she knew of, though she kind of forgot which parts.

“This card allows me to send 2 Dragons and or Machine ‘Cyber’ Monsters with different attributes, one each from my hand or field and deck, and it allows me to add one ‘Cyber’ monster from my deck to my hand!” He explained the card’s effect, and she was reminded of the difference that it had with the original card, that being the part where it allows to send cards from the field instead of the hand to fulfil the cost.

“I’ll send the Cyber Eltanin in my field to the grave, along with Stegocyber to the graveyard, to add Cyber Dragon to my hand!” He added the titular Cyber Dragon to his hand, but that wasn’t the end of the card’s effect.

“If I do so, I can then send one Machine ‘Cyber’ Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck to the graveyard!” He continued on, explaining further the effect of the spell card. “I’ll send Cyber End Dragon to the graveyard!” 

He sent the Cyber Fusion Monster with the highest base stats to the graveyard, and for a flash of a moment she thought that he was intending to summon Cyberdark End Dragon. Only to realize that such a thing wasn’t quite possible, as she hadn’t given him the card, let alone pulled it in any of her pulls.

“Now since only you two control monsters, I can special summon Cyber Dragon from my hand!” Another copy of the titular dragon appeared on the field, this one being the third and last copy of the monster, the other two being banished.

And with a Cyber Dragon on the field, and three other Machine Monster being present, Mei began to dread at how the situation had turned on her head once again. “I’ll fuse A-Assault Core, B-Buster Drake, C-Crush Wyvern, and my Cyber Dragon! Contact Fusion!”

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon - Dark/Machine/Fusion/Level 8/Effect: 0/0

“When Chimeratech Fortress Dragon is special summoned, I send all other cards that I control to the graveyard, though since I control no other cards this effect doesn’t really matter.“ Ryo explained the monster's on summon effect once more.

“The effect of C-Crush Wyvern, A-Assault Core, and B-Buster Drake activates!” His opponent said, chaining the floating effect of the three pieces to the monster’s summon to plus from their effects.

“I’ll first activate B-Buster Drake to add another copy of C-Crush Wyvern, A-Assault Core’s effect to add back the C-Crush Wyvern from the graveyard to my hand, and C-Crush Wyvern’s effect to special summon a copy of itself on the field!”

Mei quickly resolved the chain of monster effects, and special summoned the C-Crush Wyvern in defence position as a wall, although considering the card that Ryo had, that itself wouldn’t quite cut it.

C-Crush Wyvern - Light/Machine/Union/Level 4/Effect: 1200/2000

“Now I’ll activate the spell, Cyberload Fusion!” The blue haired duelist roared out the name of the spell that he had added with the effect of Cyber Dragon Core, not even using the fusion spell that was a quick-play spell during the battle phase after poking first with the four material Fortress.

“With this card’s effect, I can Fusion Summon one Fusion Monster from my Extra Deck that lists a ‘Cyber Dragon’ monster as material by shuffling the fusion materials listed into the deck from cards in my field and face-up banished cards!”

She closed her eyes and nudged her head slightly down, letting her bangs cover her eyes as she took a deep breath. “And this…” She trailed off as she looked back onto the middle of the colosseum, “Is the end of the game.”

“I’ll shuffle two Cyber Dragon Core, two Cyber Dragon, Cyber Twin Dragon, Cyber Eternity Dragon that are banished, and Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in my field back to the deck and Extra Deck!” The blue haired boy declared all the monsters that he would use for the Fusion Summon, a whopping seven monsters that are being used as materials.

All seven monsters appeared on the field briefly, being struck by blue lightning that fused them together, creating one singular monster that would bring an end to this incredibly long and gruelling match.

“Appear! Chimeratech Overdragon!” The monster that appeared from the blue vortex of lightning and electricity was a Dark Monster that contrasted Cyber Dragon’s sleek white design, this one being incredibly chaotic in design, and having a darker colour scheme.

Chimeratech Overdragon - Dark/Machine/Fusion/Level 9/Effect: ?/?

“Chimeratech Overdragon’s original attack and defence becomes equal to the number of fusion materials that were used for its Fusion Summon times 800!” The blue haired boy declared loudly while swaying his right arm, and the two girl’s eyes widened simultaneously.

“The number of monsters that were used for its Fusion Summon was-” Mei couldn't help but step back slightly as she realised how high the monster’s attack would be.

“Seven!” Fubuki answered for them, going for a guts pose with a blinding smile plastered in his face. “Which means that Chimeratech Overdragon’s attack will be-”

““5600!”” Both boys said in unison, and from the mechanical dragon’s large black core, six more heads popped out next to the main head. Giving the Fusion Monster an even fiercer and chaotic look as they each let out mechanical cries that made her ears ring.

Chimeratech Overdragon - Dark/Machine/Fusion/Level 9/Effect: 5600/5600

“Battle! Chimeratech Overdragon will attack your C-Crush Wyvern! Evolution Result Burst!” With the attack target declared, the mechanical chimaera raised its multiple heads above, raining down blasts of energy upon the helpless monster.

“Kuh!” “Gh!” The two girls grunted at the explosion of the holographic mass that was C-Crush Wyvern, and now their whole board was broken, with the only card that left being the Continuous Spell Tenki that was doing nothing.

“That’s… certainly not what the monster only does right?” Mei said dejectedly, knowing full well how the Cyber Dragon archetype, or rather the effect of the Chimeratech Fusion Monsters after seeing the monsters that Ryo had summoned in this match, that being the ability to attack multiple times per turn.

“That’s right.” Ryo said answering the girl, recomposing himself after what was basically an exhausting turn that he took to summon the extremely large Fusion Monster. “Chimeratech Overdragon can attack up to the number of monsters that were used for its fusion material.”

After the declaration, the blue haired duelist pushed on, waving his hand forward. “Go! Evolution Result Burst - Second Barrage!” The giant black mechanical chimaera fired off another salvo of its blast, reducing the two girl’s Life Points for an amount that normally would have been lethal had they been playing on 4k Life Point format.

“Ghh!” “Kyaah!” The two girls both screamed aloud as they were hit by the attack of the monster directly, with the smaller girl even almost falling had it not been for the ponytailed girl who supported her.

Mei & Serena: 2200LP 

“”END IT! EVOLUTION RESULT BURST - THIRD BARRAGE!”” The two boys screamed the final attack in unison, and the giant Fusion Monster attack to end the game, dealing the last damage without even needing to attack four more times.

“”KYAAAH!”” Both Mei and Serena screamed as they were hit by the attack, reducing their remaining Life Points to zero.

Mei & Serena: 0LP 

And with that, the game ends, the crowd’s cheer fills the whole colosseum, the victorious boys both released sighs of relief after winning what was arguably the hardest game that they had played in their lives, while the two girls that they had defeated clapped for them, albeit both of them looked quite miffed at their lost

“That was quite the game.” She commented, couldn’t help herself but to smile at the game that was quite modern for her standards, not quite anywhere meta  mind you, not mentioning the use of many strange and questionable tech options.

But it was a great match overall, all of the players played their decks and piloted them quite well, there were some questionable plays and miss plays here and there, but overall it was a great match.

“Wow~! That was a really great match!” Grace said as she stretched her aching muscles, no doubt having been on the edge of her seat for most of the match. “But that last turn though! I can’t believe that Ryo managed to summon a monster like that! And not to mention Mei attacking Red-Eyes Slash while Return of the Dragon Lords was in the grave too! It was an amazing game!”

“That last part didn’t really matter though.” She told the silver haired girl, who tilted her head in confusion at her comment, prompting her to explain further. “Whether or not Mei had cleaned the whole board during her last turn wouldn’t have changed how the game played out sadly. It would have still ended with Ryo and Fubuki’s victory.”

“Wha-!? Seriously?!” Was the response that she got from the wide eyed silver girl, seemingly not believing at what she had said at all. 

She nodded, and went on to explain the reason. “The card that Ryo had on hand was the spell that was bounced to his hand by Lunalight White Rabbit, Cybernetic Horizon, and the card that he drew for the turn was Cyber Dragon Core, meaning whatever the state of the field was, he could have activated the spell.”

“Because it can pay the cost by sending the card to the hand too right?” Yuri said, chipping in to the conversation with his own observation, having taken notice of the spell’s cost to which she nodded.

“It’s just the two combination of cards that I don’t think Mei has a way of outing, especially since it outs all the play that Mei would do.” She said. “Even if Cyber Eltanin wasn’t on the field to be sent to the grave for cost, Ryo could have sent the Core in his hand instead.”

“But how would that work?” Gloria asked. “If Ryo doesn’t normal summons Core then he wouldn’t get Cyberloard Fusion right? And then he wouldn’t even be able to go for a Contact Fusion right?”

“Nope.” She answered simply, and seeing the girl’s confused expression she elaborated. “With the effect of Cybernetic Horizon, Ryo could have simply added another copy of Cyber Dragon Core to his hand, getting him both a Cyber Dragon to contest the board and a search for a normal.”

“I guess that does work… especially since Chimeratech Overdragon could attack around seven times with the materials given, even if he doesn’t summon Chimeratech Fortress.” The silver haired girl said, tapping her chin in contemplation.

“No it wouldn’t.” Gloria argued to her twin. “If it’s like that he’ll only have six materials to summon it. And Mei would still have a full board of all three A, B, and C pieces that could float to another one too!”

She giggled at the argument that the twins were having and shook her head. “No, no, it would still work, he’ll just have to activate Cyber Dragon Core’s graveyard effect.” She informed them.

““It’s graveyard effect?”” The two asked in unison, not remembering the level two Cyber Dragon having an effect other than being treated as ‘Cyber Dragon’ on field and graveyard and being a.searcher. 

“Yep. It has a graveyard effect, and a pretty darn useful one at that. It lets him special summon a Cyber Dragon from the deck by banishing itself from the grave when only his opponent controls a monster.” She said, informing all of them of the monster’s graveyard effect.

“So either way.” Yuri started, looking down on the frustrated looking girls both congratulating the boys, “Is that no matter what, he would have been able to Fusion Summon and clear the whole board huh.”

“That’s quite right.” She nodded. Done with the explanation of the other possible plays that could have happened, she stood up from her own seat, cracking her sore neck and flexing her muscles.

“Alright then.” She brushed her long hair, and looked down onto the centre of the colosseum, her eyes meeting with the two boys who would be contending against her and Yuri for the grand finale. “Looks like we have our winner.“

3