Chapter 1: The Cliché Meet up with a God(?) Part 1
117 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"... An unfamiliar ceiling, no… there's no ceiling at all…" 

"... What kind of phenomenon is this…?" 

The young man thought inwardly as he put his left arm across his chest under his right arm and his right hand under his chin, striking a pose of the thinker(not exactly) seemingly observing the wide wide white sky that has no clouds while lying on the smooth white floor.

Gigantic white boxes were floating up in the sky. The boxes surround the heaven and give quite a surrealism and omniscient feeling to it, letting the young man feel the weirdness of his situation creeping in his whole body. 

The Out of the world and alien feeling it gives the young man has left him a bit scared at his current situation, as he suddenly out of nowhere opens his eyes at an unknown place that looks like it will appear in futuristic alien movies. 

The young man thought maybe he was kidnapped by aliens and dropped here to be experimented on and brainwashed or maybe he was being trolled and currently being shown in tv as he unknowingly mutters bullshits and being fooled into some unknown plot and being laughed at by the viewers. 

But he decided the former and the latter was simply idiotic for him to think, because he remembers the last thing he did before sleeping last night. 

He readied his usual intake of light novels about the protagonists waking up in a white room and was greeted by a god blah- blah- blah~ he got isekai'd and the story goes on while reading it he falls asleep and he's here, in other words he was currently dreaming.

 Is the formed conclusion to his current situation. 

"... It feels weird, that I'm aware that I'm dreaming."

"... Ahh~ maybe is that it? The Lucid Dreaming?"

With that conclusion forming in his head the previous tension that builds up in his mind and body feels like a lie and disappears, well he hopes for nothing.

Now the young man was calmly lying and enjoying the feeling of being in lucid with a clear mind. Fascinated at his current situation he decided to relax down and enjoy the weird sensation he's in. 

However all of his fluffy feelings came to halt seemingly nowhere, a tranquil and a fatherly-like voice of an old man reached his ears and greeted him. 

"You seem to be enjoying yourself right now?" 

"... Hmm?" 

Contrary to the old man's expectations, the young man calmly looked at him with a calm and questioning look, as his head turned and met the eyes of the old man or more like the skin face of the old man.

His eyes land to a yellowish glowing old man with long grayish hair holding a wooden staff of some sort supporting his fine and well-build body only wearing a white robe and a sandals to his feets similar to those greek gods in his world in greek mythology, however looking at this glowing old man you can see that his face doesn't have any mouth and eyes he doesn't really have any shape resembling a face, only a shape of nose can be seen to his skin-only face, that's why the boy strongly concluded that this is a dream looking at a creepy no-face old man.

"Koushizaki Tsuyoshi-kun, I welcome you to my domain." 

"I am what you humans call "God" and I'm here or to be more specific I summoned you here to try recruiting you to my project…" 

"..." however this boy named by the god "Koushizaki Tsuyoshi" lying down there dumbfounded by the sudden introduction of the God he said he is, and continues lying down and seemingly scanning the whole body of this "God". 

"Is there something wrong Tsuyoshi-kun?" the god asked him as he looks towards the young man called "Koushizaki Tsuyoshi" looking confused. 

'Is he some kind of entity in my dream created by my imagination? If he is what i think he is then can i change his appearance by using my mind? No- no-... Then what if he really is a God? Would he think I'm so rude for a lowly human making him wait? No- that's unrealistic! WAIT! I,-Is this my chance?"

The young man used all of his mind power to think of a solution to his current situation laying out multiple simulations in his mind on how the scenario would go if he said a wrong word to this "God" though he felt like he's exaggerating. 

Currently there's two problems in his mind, the Realist thinking side thought whether he would think that all of this is a dream and let it pass, and the hopeful side thinking that maybe this is all real and he was really summoned by god!

The two sides clashed inside his mind, calculating the possibility of the safe route and laying down plans after plans. 

And a few minutes passed…. 

"...." meanwhile the so-called god observes the young man and seemingly amused by his thoughts waiting patiently for him. 

And finally the young man slowly stood from his position standing straight and faced the god, his face looks like he got the answers to his current predicament, his hair covered his eyes looking down to the white ground creating a serious atmosphere. 

"... I-" 

"Pardon?..." the god said as he didn't catch the young man's words. 

"What am I gonna do now?..." yes the answer he thought up until now is just-, 'I'll just play along for now…'. 

A disappointing plan indeed he even makes the god wait for him just to arrive at his half-hearted plan. However if you look at his mind carefully the two sides fighting at his mind previously seems to shut up as a third party intervenes in their war advocating the word "Neutral".

Yup, he just chose to be a bit hopeful and a bit realistic, not expecting more nor less.  Harmonizing and resulting in his current decision. 

'Sometimes you just don't need to think too much about it and just go along the flow' this is what he learned throughout his observation, and surprisingly that helped him survive countless stress and over thinking and made it up until now surrounded by the stupid reality of human society. 

"Are you really a God?... " The young man questions the old man in front of him, considering he's not really a religious person and just visits shrines from time to time to thank gods and while at it wish for a peaceful life or maybe something else... 

"Yes, I am…" the God said to the young man, answering his question. 

"However, I would like you to refrain from putting me in the same class as the gods in your world, because I have way over classed them as I am on way more upper position compared to them." the God said to him and he explained to the young man how the hierarchy of god's works.

After a few hours passed, The young man eagerly listens to God as this topic tightens his interest. Though he seems to forget something important as he continue and converses with the God. 

Summarizing the details God explained to him. In his world the Gods are just the results of the human mind's product called "Faith" that caused the birth of many gods in his world Earth. 

However, the difference in this Gods is they're limited in that world, basically they can't go out because their source of power is their worshippers and they will lose their powers once they attempt to go out and venture to other star systems doing so the Faith of their worshippers won't be able to reach them rendering them good as dead and powerless.

Going back to the topic, the difference between the young mans world gods and the God that is in front of him is that he acts like the administrator of this single universe that has countless worlds, galaxies, stars, and planets inside of it.

And the gods inside his planet are nothing but subordinates to him that aren't worth mentioning. Well, that's to be expected, compared to what he managed, those gods were nothing in front of it, considering the multiverse exists.

"Yes, the Multiverse exists, actually that's the thing I forgot to mention. I actually only manage one universe of this multiverse, and until now before I even exist the exact number of it is still not stopping to increase until now because it's still expanding currently."

"...." he was left speechless at this revelation that was dropped to him by this God and before he even asked the question that sprouted in his mind.

"Yes, you're correct there's a countless amount of administrators that are currently managing their own assigned Universe." the God beat him first to it as he answered the question in the young mans mind before he even said it.

"... I see… hmm?- wait- what?- Did you say assigned? Are you implying there's even more big shots above you that can command you God?!" and that's it common sense shattered as his final defense turned into nothing.

"You catch up way too fast for a human that's commendable…" said the god to him and while at it praised the young man's intellect for his guess. 

"You're indeed correct, I am just a mere subordinate too of those in above" the God answered the young mans guess. 

He, who heard this suddenly, a clarity hit him and collapsed from his standing position and sat down on the ground his legs quivering slightly. This revelation that he was exposed to was too big for him to digest quickly and adjust, as he took a deep breath to calm himself down, weirdly though he can't help himself but get excited at this fact that was given to him by the God in front of him.

But then he thought deeply at what happened until now, they're conversation was so interesting for him that it got derailed to the main objectives of this entity. 

He questions himself at what is the goal of this God. 'He even said something about recruiting me to his project. What kind of project was it? What kind of fascinating thing will I be exposed to? It's somehow too interesting and at the same time risky.'

The young man thought inwardly as he tried to guess God's thinking, but in the end he gave up. What kind of idiocy were he trying to do such as understanding a God's thinking, he can't even assume the perspective of a God as he doesn't know what kind of values the God's holds.

Comparing his mind to this entity, he can't help but let out a deep sigh as his worth was equaling to a single atom if you tried to assume a God's perspective and values. 

In other words he is worthless more like zero worth that has no value at all, but somehow he meets this God and finds value in him as the God seems to need him for something, going so far as to summon a lowly human. 

Now he wonders what kind of worth does the God saw in him to need him for something, the Universe is vast and surely with every star system out there in space, there must be more worthy lifeforms out there that is more stronger and smarter there and it won't be weird if the God in front of him chooses them over a greedy and weak creature such as humans.

"...Ahem*Now where are we? We're getting derailed from the main point." the God said to him as he saw him pondering about his objectives. 

"... Ah- Y-Yeah you're right" 

"Now, going back to it Tsuyoshi-kun, I summoned you here for you to perform a certain task for me that's a must for my project. Are you willing to partake in this? If you're willing and agree to partake after this I shall grant you any request."

"...." a sudden pause in Tsuyoshi's mind happened, he doesn't know why but a suspicious feeling creeps up into his mind. His instincts are screaming to him that this offer is too suspicious and also enticing and needed a clear mind to think before acting over impulse. 

He knows how powerful the granting of any wish from a true God's charm is, and any normal person will accept it before hearing the details of the God's objectives, and if he isn't observative enough he will also fall to its charm and say "OK!" with exclamation immediately after it was mentioned. 

Thinking about it he feels slightly frustrated but what can he do in front of a God, an absolute power holder.

"Please, Can I a-ask about the details of your plans or at least tell me what use am i to you and what am I going to do?" Tsuyoshi asked the God almost begging to him as he bit by bit resigned his fate to him. 

But contrary to his expectations the god began to lightly laugh. He seemed to find something interesting to his words, though Tsuyoshi felt complex about it as he felt that his resolution was being made of fun. 

"...Ahem* forgive me for my sudden outburst, though you seem to be misunderstanding something here so I'll explain it to you carefully your task"

"..." 

(Cliff-kun summon*).

A/N: Next chapter will be the objectives of this God. Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know. Like it. Add it to your library.

3