Arc 1 – Oh, F*ck My Life: Chapter 3
174 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I own nothing, this is purely a fanfic for enjoyment.

Cross-over from various games, books, anime, manga, and movies.

The familiar characters you see here belong to their respected authors and owners.

"Speech"

Time*


Arc 1 - Oh, Fuck My Life: Chapter 3

A few days later*

Well, it's May 6 and it's a Sunday. The day when the canon begins. Also, on the day of Ranma and Genma's arrival at the Tendo family for the arranged marriage between the two families to occur.

Also, seeing a panda carrying a redhead girl on its shoulder walking past his clinic while it's raining outside was proof enough that canon will still be a thing.

Lawliet sighs, "Goodbye, my peaceful life. I'll dearly miss you."

Of course, Lawliet was getting a bit bored over time and is eager to see the live version of Ranma 1/2 happening in person.

Time to stock up on more medicinal herbs and make more herbal soaps. As it may not have shown in the canon, Lawliet is sure there must have been some casualties during Ranma's fight with his opponents. He may as well prepare for it. It's thanks to Na Bongchim's medical knowledge. It includes unique recipes for making herbal soaps to help speed up internal healing in a matter of minutes to even seconds by using his imagination to make it work.

Charyeok is bullshit when it includes imagination to work with.

Anyway, besides ordering more medicinal herbs to be delivered to his clinic. Lawliet should also take this chance to buy more insurance. Both for his clinic and home. He lost track of how many times Ranma's fights damaged many things around them. Including the building itself.

Well, after eating dinner. The calls can wait; the food can't.

Lawliet finds himself carving some fried dumplings and fried octopus balls.


The next day*

"Hm. It's peaceful..." Lawliet thought out loud. Things haven't become crazy yet, which is weird with how crazy Ranma's life is supposed to be. Well, more than normal compared to how Ranma lived his life before being forced into an arranged marriage with one of the Tendo sisters.

Then again, technically, this is Ranma's first day of high school.

Lawliet thinks about it and realizes that he barely recalls the exact date for all the plot events. Hell, he only remembered yesterday was the day of Ranma's arrival by luck. If anything, the next part of the plot event could be a few more days from now or something.

Well, nothing he could do about it. He just has to go with the flow while going on his day as usual.

"Dr. Lawliet! I need your advice!" Nabiki burst through the front door in a panic.

"Wow, it must be bad if you came to me, of all people, for advice." Lawliet said dryly. "Alright, what advice do you need from someone like me?"

"What should I do when you are being forced into an arranged marriage?!" Nabiki continues to shout.

"Are you in an arranged marriage?" Lawliet raises an eyebrow as things must have changed if Nabiki is chosen to become Ranma's fiance.

"Yeah, my old man made a promise with his buddy while still training in martial arts." Nabiki begins explaining the history between her father, Soun, and Genma, similar to the canon. It is similar to canon, but with a tiny change. Akane was a bit quicker to react and push Nabiki into the position of the arranged marriage. Kasumi followed Akane's action, putting Nabiki in the same situation as Akane.

Being forced against her will to be Ranma's fiance.

"Okay, I understand all that. But why come to me for advice on this?" Lawliet point out, baffled by how Nabiki came to him of all people. Also, speechless that even if it wasn't Akane, it still happened to Nabiki. No one cared about her opinion, nor Ranma, and everyone but those two agreed they would be wed in the future.

"I..." Nabiki paused for a moment to think about it. Why did she come to Dr. Lawliet? Sure, she always comes here asking to work under him while learning about acupuncture. Other than that, she doesn't know much about Dr. Lawliet is someone amazing to know so much about acupuncture at such a young age, making so much money compared to most people she knows, including those elites in the business world.

What Nabiki doesn't know is that Lawliet is reading her mind via Marionette, and he finds himself speechless, that Nabiki somehow subconsciously treated him as someone important and of higher status than others. Including her own father, whom she has less respect for, which isn't wrong with how Soun acts and does throughout the canon. Plus, he had met the patrician of the Tendo family more than once, and none had given him any good impression.

Lawliet's eyes widen a little as Nabiki somehow concludes that she sees him as somewhat of a father figure/authority of respect.

What. The. Fuck.

Wasn't Nabiki in the canon more interested in the arranged marriage before learning about Ranma's curse? Or is he missing something here? Thinking more, he had come up with so many excuses to deal with Nabiki in the past that must have become life lessons in her eyes. Or maybe he is just coming up with random reasons to avoid being involved with Nabiki any further. After all, he had already planned to watch everything on the sideline, not be part of it.

"I... I don't have anyone else to go to talk about this..." Nabiki whispered, showing a rare form of weakness.

Lawliet could be a prick and push her away, which could lead to her taking a darker path in trying to rid of being married to Ranma, or he could help her become a better person. Now that there is a good reason to compare to before, the only thing in her mind is money and network connections with people, aka blackmail and stuff.

Fuck it, he may not see himself as a great guy, but he is no evil villain. If he was, he wouldn't have cared about the laws and stuff and killed Nabiki to save himself from all the problems related to her.

Lawliet blames this on his adoptive parents, making him grow up with a twisted good moral. It's good but twisted in his opinion, yet good nonetheless.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning. Do you even like the guy?" Lawliet asks Nabiki, hoping he wasn't in those fanfictions where Nabiki actually likes Ranma and turns into a pairing for those two as a focus. Although, most that he could remember where the fanfiction takes place in the middle of the canon or in the end of the canon for it to happen.

Anyway, not that he is against the paring of Nabiki x Ranma, but things become more of a romantic drama instead of action/comedy as he expects of Ranma 1/2. Drama, he can watch the local channel for that one or even read a book.

"Sure, if I got to know him better, but this arranged marriage came down on me without warning." Nabiki paused for a split second, "Okay, I had some warning, but I thought we would be given some time before deciding who will be picked as the fiancee of Ranma Saotome. He is the one I'm supposed to be married to in the future, by the way. Nice guy, but he seems like a muscle head, which isn't bad since I can work with that. However, I didn't like how my father and Ranma's father were so pushy. I'm still in school!"

"I see." Lawliet nodded, listening to Nabiki complaining as she shouted here and there, sometimes returning to a painful whisper she didn't expect him to hear. "Well, I do have one question before we continue. Is this arranged marriage written down on a formal contract, or it's verbal? Because verbal contracts, sometimes called handshake agreements, are legally binding, with few exceptions. Just because oral agreements are difficult to prove, all parties should sign a written document and seek professional legal advice to make this whole thing go through."

Lawliet waits for Nabiki to have this information sink in before continuing.

"Technically, you can still avoid this whole thing."

That got Nabiki's attention straight away.

"Get Akane or Kasumi to take your place. If I understand things correctly, then it is not you who must be specific to marry Ranma. Neither Ranma has to marry you either because depending on what was said in the verbal promise. They only agreed to merge the two households through marriage. So anyone from both households could be chosen for the marriage." Lawliet didn't know all the details, but he got a rough outline of it. "Of course, another solution is to let your future kids marry Ranma's future kids to make it work, but that is just making you two follow your guys' father's footsteps."

"You sure know enough to get out of it." Nabiki give Lawliet a strange look.

"Let's say I had an interesting childhood and leave it at that." Lawliet said dully. Not revealing anything further. "Now, you can leave. I've already given you the advice to work with. Who knows, maybe you and this Ranma could come up with something. After all, it's not Ranma that is your enemy; he is your ally if he is trying not to get married."

Nabiki looks ready to argue but sighs weakly and nods at Lawliet before leaving the clinic.

Lawliet raises an eyebrow in surprise to see this side of Nabiki. The arranged marriage must be stressing her out if this is the result after a day of meeting Ranma and his father.

Lawliet looks at the clock on the wall; he is surprised to see how much time has passed. Wow, he forgot how conversations could make time go by so fast and how long it could be.

Nonetheless, he still got time to train and make a simple dinner later instead of a full-course fancy dinner he usually makes for himself to enjoy. It's good to have many Charyeok that know how to cook, then upgrade those cooking skills to the grandmaster level via imagination.

Lawliet wipes the drool from the corner of his mouth as his body is eager to eat soon.

Training first, eating afterward.

Quickly, Lawliet starts cleaning to prepare for closing time. Since it looks like there won't be any customers coming by anytime soon, he will wait for another half an hour after closing time before locking up.


Hours later*

Lawliet is speechless right now.

Before his feet is the unconscious form of Genma in his human form.

He had underestimated how shameless and sneaky Genma could be. To think that Genma somehow managed to smell his dinner and tried to steal from him.

Out of pure instinct gained from numerous Charyeok used over the years. Lawliet attacked Genma with enough force to knock him out cold after breaking some bones here and there. The moment Genma tried to sneak through the window that he left open to air out the kitchen while cooking.

Eh, no matter.

Lawliet grabs the back of Genma's collar and uses a Charyeok to enhance his physical aspects. Lifting the fat, muscular old man, he throws Genma as far as he can. Straight out the open window from the same one Genma tried to climb through.

"He should survive the fall." Lawliet thought out loud.

7