Chapter 43
208 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, at a place where the terrain was meshed with the elements of fire, water and grass,  “That’s my disciple!” Keristrasza said excitingly as her tail wagged all over the place. She was watching the live broadcast together with Chelone and Heget.

“He has become an excellent strategist and a team player,” Chelone mentioned while smiling.

“I hope he visits us soon and bring lots of food,” Heqet drooled thinking about the possible delicacies Leon would bring.

Back at the Academy*

“Team Checkmate from Class Sapphire has won! Congratulations to the First Year’s Champions!” Principal Doss Galvan announced.

CHECKMATE! SNOWFLAKE! IWANNABETHEVERYBEST! The audience were cheering for their favourite teams.

“As you may already know, there wasn’t supposed to be a prize for the winners and would only get ranking points. But after witnessing all the amazing battles, the school has decided to give rewards!” the principal declared.

The participants were ecstatic upon hearing this and the crowd went wild.

“Each of the class representatives will receive an A rank material of their choice. Those who got third place will each receive one S rank material of their choice. Then, two S rank materials of their choice will be given each to those who are in the second place. Lastly, our champions will each be rewarded with three S rank materials of their choice,” the principal proclaimed.

The top three teams were gathered on stage for the awarding ceremony. They were given a badge that symbolized their standing. It really looked simple. The badge was circular in shape, engraved with the academy’s name and symbol on it, as well as the words, “First Year”.  Team IWannaBeTheVeryBest got a Bronze badge and a Silver badge for Team Snowflake, while Team Checkmate, the champions, got a Gold badge.

“A catalogue of the stored materials where you can chose from will be given to you later. They will be delivered tomorrow before you leave for the break,” Principal Doss Galvan informed them.

The principal gave his closing remarks and congratulated again all the participants who fought bravely.

When Team Checkmate went down the stage, they were greeted by their excited classmates and their teacher. “Your classmates and I would want to celebrate your victory later tonight and I already have reserved a place at a restaurant,” Alexa said happily. The three had agreed to meet for later then went back to their dorm room to rest.

Back at the dorm room*

“We did it!” Woody said as he sprawled on the room floor holding his fist up high. He still couldn’t believe it. Although he showed confidence during the battles, he wasn’t 100% sure they could win. Mark was similarly grinning from ear to ear as he sat in the sofa. He was excited to tell his father about the good news. He looked up to his father and wanted to be praised.

“This is only the beginning,” Leon said confidently while looking at both Woody and Mark. “We are going to graduate from the academy as the top three students,” he added.

Woody and Mark knew that Leon didn’t really talked that much and was the quite type, but after being together with him for a while now they knew that Leon would not say anything he would not achieved.

The three did a team fist bump solidifying their resolve.

The party finished late at night. Alexa insisted to pay for their dinner and said that she had won a sum from her bet against the other teachers that her students would become the champions.  

No wonder why she was so happy, Leon thought.

Mark had paid for the karaoke room that his classmates rented after dinner. They continued to celebrate until the academy’s curfew.

7