Chapter 56
282 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Great Class Ranked Trainers around them paled. All of the other higher-ranked Pokemon trainers could not assist. Leon immediately decided to lure it away from the fortress walls somewhere in shallow waters, far from the group isolating it from the rest.

He sent out telepathic instructions. Leon told Iroh and Fae to maintain a safe distance. Fae would focus on healing. Leon needed Iroh to monitor the surroundings and act as support, protect Fae and buff the rest of the team. Only both Toshi and Leon, with the help of his equipment, were strong enough to survive a hit from the smaller G-Max Drednaw. Jin was instructed to hide and wait for an opportune moment to inflict damage that could allow them to win.

Leon was done sending out instructions. He flew with his psychic powers and used his fire manipulation to create a small burst of fire from his hands and feet increasing his flying speed and maneuverability. By mimicking the way fire benders in avatars manipulate fire, he accomplished this move. Leon planned to hide his teleporting abilities from the enemy and use them as a trump card later.

Ting*

Species: Drednaw (Gigantamax level 1)

Name: None

Age: 42 years

Sex: Male

Ability: Strong Jaw, Shell Armor, Swift Swim

Talent: Thick Scales – increase defense and special defense of all scales including shell scales.

Tendencies: Easily angered, a mama's boy

Potential: SS rank (peak)

Level: 90 (B rank peak).

Skills: Gigantamax (Level 1 - F) - Click to expand -

 

Leon was scanning the smaller G-Max Drednaw looking for any weakness he could exploit. He thought of buying time until the Gigantamax wore off. Toshi was having a hard time dodging the attacks of the smaller G-Max Drednaw. It was too tall and it became faster. Fortunately, Toshi’s typing countered its attacks giving Fae enough time to heal Toshi’s health back to full whenever he got hit. Leon felt that they would not last the fight if they decided to buy time. It was just too powerful.

Leon saw an opportunity and used his fire propulsion to close in on the smaller G-Max Drednaw’s chin area just right above the belly’s thick carapace. Channeling Aura Sword, he attempted to pierce the small-scale fold beneath its chin.

Unfortunately, it only left a small scratch. The enemy noticed and it used False Swipe. Leon saw the incoming attack and tried to avoid it. He was a couple of seconds too late, so instead, he decided to block the attack. He used the small shield in Blastoise’s (Gauntlet Cannon) Bracelet to block the attack and at the same timehe sent out fire bursts from his feet propelling him back to soften the blow. He used the momentum to get a safe distance.

“Tsk, I think only his eyes and mouth are the weakest points” Leon communicated with his team telepathically. A single hit numbed his hand, and if he had not softened the blow, his whole arm would have been broken. The lower one-third of the smaller G-Max Drednaw was submerged in water and if other areas were as tough as the skin under the chin, Leon could not penetrate it as well.

"Let's try the eyes, Toshi will stun it, and Iroh will buff Jin when the time comes," he said.

Toshi tried to get into position as he avoided a Hydro Pump. When he got closer to the opponent’s face, he immediately sent out a powerful Zap Cannon. The electric current paralyzed the smaller G-Max Drednaw for less than a second, but it was enough time for Jin to appear beside his left eye. Jin used Shadow Claw and Iroh was able to perfectly time his Helping Hand to boost Jin’s attack.

They were able to piece its eye rendering it useless. Blood splashed all over as the smaller G-Max Drednaw roared in pain and started to thrash around. Leon and his team backed up to avoid its reckless attack. “Nice work guys, now it can’t see from the left, let's exploit this,” Leon said telepathically.

After it finished thrashing around the smaller G-Max Drednaw was on high alert. The pain in its left eye reminded it of its blunder. These tiny pokemon are annoying it thought.

Every time Leon and the team tried to set up another attack toward its left eye it immediately moved its head when it sensed anything that approached its left side while randomly attacking with Jaw Lock on its blind spot attempting to chomp down on whatever it could find. It has yet to use a Max Move not wanting to decrease its Gigantamax time.

A few more rounds of clashes later. The fight lasted too long. Leon and the gang’s stamina was getting dangerously low. This high-intensity battle took an enormous toll on their bodies. One wrong move could spell disaster so they had to be 100% all the time. In the event they delayed any further, they would be killed long before the enemy could revert to its original form. They decided to gamble. If it did not work, they would immediately flee from the smaller G-Max Drednaw even if it meant the destruction of the defensive line. Their lives were much more important to Leon than anything else.

Toshi tried to maneuver closer to the smaller G-Max Drednaw’s face. The smaller G-Max Drednaw already memorized the attack pattern of Leon’s team and it started to plot a plan of its own.

It used Shell Smash to increase its attack and speed. It wanted to use Crunch the moment Toshi would come closer. Toshi also utilized Lock-On to guarantee a hit on his next attack. Toshi could not afford to miss. Iroh, Fae, Jin, and Leon were also preparing for their part in this last attempt.

When Toshi appeared right in front of its left eye, the smaller G-Max Drednaw was already opening its huge mouth using Crunch and heading straight for where Toshi was.

Gotcha, it thought. Getting a hold of this annoying Magnezone would be its end, it wouldn't let it go.

Fae was also waiting for this moment and used Protect in the right instance. Although the skill Protect shattered instantly and only lasted a couple of milliseconds, it was enough time for Jin to activate Disable making the smaller G-Max Drednaw pause as it opened its mouth. Fae’s Plot Armor played a significant role. It was impossible to time it perfectly as the smaller G-Max Drednaw’s speed was already boosted by Shell Smash earlier and it had attacked in advance of where Toshi would appear. Disable gave enough time for Iroh to buff Toshi with Helping Hands and Toshi immediately used Explosion! A deafening blast was heard throughout the sea.

After the immense impact, the smaller G-Max Drednaw’s head jolted back as it was stunned while its jaw was still open. Toshi reverted to his original form and fell. Jin was able to catch him at the right moment as they ran away.

Leon finally utilized his trump cards; he used Teleport to appear at the small G-Max Drednaw’s open mouth. He then activated the Omni Charge skill from his equipment set, increasing the power of his attack several folds. Leon released a very powerful Solar Beam from the flower core present in the Venasaur’s (Cuirass) Amulet chest area. The attack tore through the soft tissue surrounding the mouth and the upper palate. It was able to pierce through and bypass the skull turning its brain into mush and instantly killing it.

5