Chapter 57
738 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone cheered when the smaller G-Max Drednaw fell. The remaining Sword team’s morale was boosted and everyone squeezed a little bit more energy out of the tank as they fought.

Those stationed at the Command Tower cheered as well. They watched the entire battle between Leon and the smaller G-Max Drednaw from the top. “He did it! Dang Leon almost gave us a heart attack,” Woody said in relief as Mark released his clenched fists. Both of them wanted to fight alongside Leon.

When everyone thought everything went their way. They heard Blaine from the communications badge shout "WATCH OUT KID!”

 

After Leon defeated the smaller G-Max Drednaw he sat down on its floating dead carcass. He was spent, all his aura and psychic energy were depleted. The rest of the gang huddled together.

Well done guys, excellent teamwork. Leon patted Fae’s (Togetic) head as she sat in his lap, Jin (Haunter) smiled while floating around him carrying the weakened Toshi (Ditto) who gave a weak thumbs-up, Iroh (Armarouge) was still vigilant as he observed the surroundings and was happy deep inside.

While they were resting Iroh (Armarouge) felt a huge spike in energy and alerted Leon. Leon tried to find the source. Unexpectedly he heard Blaine’s warning from the defensive badge and quickly turned around to see where he was. Leon paled as he saw a huge beam of energy heading straight at him and his Pokemon.

Leon’s brain went into overdrive. His three parallel processes ran as fast as possible, time seemed to stop. He calculated the attack size and distance from him, then checked his energy reserves. “I can only squeeze out one more ten-meter teleport and the beam will follow me and we will all die,” he thought. I’ll first return my Pokemon to the Shadow Dimension. Maybe they will survive even if I die. He desperately searched the area for anything that he could use. He only saw the vast ocean. As Leon lost all hope, he realized he was sitting on the dead Pokémon’s gigantic body. He came up with a bold idea. The Gigantamax energy was still present in the body. I hope it’s still sturdy enough he thought. Well here goes nothing! He crossed his fingers and executed his plan.

When the sands of time resumed their fall, Leon instantly recalled all his Pokemon via Shadow Dimension. As the energy beam got closer, he appeared directly at the dead body's open mouth via Teleport and dived right in. He wanted to use this carcass as a shield. He hoped it was strong enough to endure the attack since it still had some lingering Gigantamax energy in it.

 

When Blaine and Moltres fought against the massive G-Max Drednaw they were tied. The massive G-Max Drednaw tanked all of Moltres attacks. While G-Max Drednaw was unable to land a hit on Moltres because Moltres was too fast.

Blaine had observed the battle between the smaller G-Max Drednaw and a kid since their battle started. His view with the help of his shades zoomed in on their battle. He saw how the kid penetrated the opponent’s eye and then fired at its weak insides. This gave Blaine some ideas, but he had to find a way to execute his plan so he was still in a conundrum.

The colossal G-Max Drednaw suddenly focused on the child. The life signature of one of its offspring disappeared, meaning it was probably killed. It wanted to eliminate those responsible for its child's death.

Her gaze locked on to the tiny human sitting on its poor child’s dead body. It was further angered and sent out a supercharged G-Max Stonesurge at it. When she saw the tiny human hiding inside the dead body for protection, the massive G-Max Drednaw lost all rationality. She just wanted to blow everyone to pieces. As the beam hit the dead body, it was pushed back into deeper waters as it sank. The attack could not penetrate the body, so she continued channeling her attack in hopes of destroying it. The body sank deeper and deeper until it slammed against the ocean floor.

Blaine’s eyes lit up. “An opening”; it was just what he needed. He ordered Moltres to land on top of the massive G-Max Drednaw’s head as it was not paying attention. Its claws gripped the opponent’s shell and channeled a Sky Attack with its beak, aiming it at G-Max Drednaw’s eye.

When it pierced through the eye of the G-Max Drednaw, the pain snapped it out of its berserk state. But before it could shake Moltres off it, Blaine ordered Moltres to send out a Fire Blast while its beak was still lodged inside the opponent's eye.

The G-Max Drednaw stopped moving after a few seconds. Smoke and flames came out of its other eye socket and mouth. Blaine and Moltres burned everything inside its head. When Moltres was sure of its death it removed its beak and screeched out loud indicating its victory.

I hope that kid survived, Blaine thought. He had to finish the remaining battle before looking for him.

 

When Lean took cover inside, he felt the entire dead body rumble as it got hit by the attack. He felt it move. He dived down until he reached the chest area. He knew it was the most protected part covered by a sturdy shell outside, and bones inside. He hoped that this dead G-Max Drednaw's defense, along with its talent before it died, and its remaining Gigantamax energy could resist the attack long enough for him to escape.

He was violently tossed and turned inside the dead body. He could not tell which one was up or down. He knew that the massive G-Max Dreadnaw must hate his guts. He could feel that the attack did not stop as he sank deeper into the ocean.

Water suddenly rushed inside the dead body, and the pressure of the deep waters was getting to him. He could feel the body shrinking and losing its Gigantamax energy and the pressure seeping in. A couple of seconds later he felt a powerful slam that disoriented him. He was slammed to the ocean floor and more cracks appeared on the dead body further increasing the pressure he was under. Luckily it was this time that Blaine attacked the massive G-Max Dredaw as it stopped its attack, else Leon would have been a goner.

He remembered to activate his uniform's function to breathe underwater when he regained his composure. The academy uniform had several functions that helped with survival.

Leon tried to swim out of the dead body as he felt the attack stop. Before he could leave, the dead body moved again. “I have to leave. Something must have caught the dead body” Leon thought as he struggled with all his strength to get outside. His consciousness was slowly shutting down due to the strain of the previous battle, the damage he took, and the deep-water pressure that crushed his whole body.

When he reached the mouth, he looked outside to check if a Pokemon had taken this dead body as food. He saw nothing, instead, a giant whirlpool appeared up ahead. The dead body was drawn towards it and continued to accelerate.

“Should I swim out of its range?" None of my Pokemon can do so and Toshi (Ditto) is already very weak so that’s a no…” Leon was in deep crap he thought. He was not strong enough to out-swim the pulling force of the whirlpool.

He decided to Bear Grylls it and stay inside the dead body. This may give him a bit of protection when being swallowed by the giant whirlpool, its shrinking has stopped so maybe it can help.

*Sigh* I lucked out on this mission he thought. Once again, he went inside the dead body, where the intestines were, cut them, and tied them to himself to keep him from being thrown out. Over and under, Viola! A cute ribbon made of intestines. You got to have a sense of humor during these hard times, he said to himself trying to justify his “work of art.”

Seconds later he felt that he was already in the whirlpool as the speed at which he was tossed around quadrupled from what had happened before. Because he was exhausted, he slowly lost consciousness as the giant whirlpool devoured him and the dead body.

 

Author's note: Sorry guys, I have been really busy lately plus I need to study for an exam for work so I won't be able to post as much as before :(, I won't drop this but i'll just have slower updates :(

6