Chapter 2
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"And who are you?" Large white wings boxed Klaus in, pressing into his back, forcing him to take a step forward. The beautiful androgynous being put a hand on Klaus's cheek, their cool fingers sliding down his jaw and gripping his chin, forcing his face to tilt down, "Don't you have a tongue in that pretty little mouth of yours? Say something." The person smiled but it didn't reach their cold, wide open eyes.

Klaus threw the hand off him, "I am Klaus Remington and you will not touch me so casually."

The wings spread out to the sides with a loud whoosh and then the person folded them gently against their back, "Ooo big important guy." The person rolled their eyes. "Unfortunately, Mr Claws Runnington..." They tilted their head to the side, looking over Klaus's shoulder at the shattered mirror behind him, " the mirror you came through is broken, which means there is no way back to the place where you are a big, important guy." Their black eyes slid back to Klaus's face, smug smile still on their lips but not in their eyes.

Klaus took a step back, glass crunching underfoot. He looked over his shoulder at the shattered mirror, then back at the winged person, "Bullshit! Take me home."

They smiled through Klaus's outburst, eyes narrowing, "Giovanna."

Giovanna, who had been slowly inching away, stopped in her tracks, muttering something incomprehensible. "What?"

"I'm putting you in charge of the new boy."

Giovanna's eyes widened and she shook her head, "What? No!"

"Pick out a weapon for him and explain what's going on. Bring him to my office when you're done." They spread their wings and with a powerful flap took to the air.

"Wait! Ruel!" Giovanna called after them but they just gave a little wave from up above and flew out the high archway they came in through.

Giovanna groaned loudly and stomped back towards Klaus. He backed away a few steps  but she stopped before reaching him. She bent over and swiped a shard of glass off the floor and shoved it at Klaus. Instinctively, Klaus put his hands up to block her from stabbing him in the chest. The glass made a shallow cut in his palm and broke in two. "Take it!" she snapped and without thinking Klaus closed his hands around it. "There... your weapon. You're a mirror warrior now. Congratu-fucking-lations!" Giovanna pushed against Klaus's folded hands and turned away from him, "An eternity of risking your life against gross, ugly monsters as punishment for breaking a fucking mirror!"

0