Geir the Father
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A child was sitting on a chair, eating the breakfast that his mother made for him. He ravages it, pulling apart the bread one by one, making it into a bite size shapes for him to gobble it up much, much more quickly.

It is natural, he is a growing child after all, a child that needs everything nutritious to grew up into something great, something beyond his predecessors.

 

“Mom! Vali is eating like a pig again!” A girl, same height, size, even face as the said boy, Vali, cried.

“Vali! Did you forget the lessons from your uncle?” Vali’s mother scolded him.

“Bahh…. We’re not royalty mom! And besides, I’m hungry!”

 

After Vali dismissed his mother and twin sister, he then went off the house to the docks, doing his usual chores and assignments, designated of course by his father.

But before he went there, he took a slight detour to the tiny shrine near his house.

 

“I’ll be doing my best like the usual, Grandma! Grandpa!” Vali said with soaring confidence.

 

With the paying of respects to the dead has finished, Vali finally went off to the docks.

He passed the vineyard in front of his, greeting and saying morning to the workers that are tending the almost ripen grapes. He passed too a couple of people dragging a cart full of wine, being brought to the communal basement to enrich the flavour of the wine.

 

“Hey Vali! Wait up a moment!” One of the people dragging the cart, called for Vali. “Here! Give it to your father! It’s the best one out of all of these, tell him too that we’re even okay!” The man with a tender and gentle smile, gave the best bottled wine from the cart to Vali for his father.

 

Taking the wine from his hand, Vali continued his walk to the docks with the wine in hand, wondering also what makes it special, among the other wine.

 

After the vineyard, Vali finally made it to the village downhill, meeting, greeting, and exchanging funny remarks between each other, while they bust their bones and muscle to make ends meet.

He met a couple of his friends there too, some helping their fathers, mothers, and some even played wooden sword with each other.

 

“Vali! C’mon, I need a backup to win against Iustin!” One of his friends call for his aid.

“Not today guys! Need to deliver this to dad and do the usual chores.”

““Booh….”” They booed Vali for his diligence.

 

He left them after that to continue his journey, while feeling a bit sad, but he knows that what he is doing is much more important than playing around with wooden swords.

 

After passing his friends and a couple of people in the middle of the village, Vali finally got to the docks and saw his father with a person he only sees once in a blue moon.

 

“Uncle Marco!!!” Vali cried in excitement.

“Aye!! There’s the squirt!” Marco in excitement said too.

“And… where’s Auntie Siasêr?”

“Sleeping inside my hat, as usual of course! And she needs some rest, we fought an ogre on the way.”

“Cool! How big was it?”

“Much, much, much more taller than your father here!” Marco said as he tapped Vali’s father’s hand.

“Ohh… Dad! Have you fought against ogres?”

“Ogres are child plays Vali, I fought something much more bigger, Giants!” Vali’s father said.

“Wow… ohh also, here’s for you! One of the workers… ehh… Gustav if I am not wrong, gave it to me for you!” Vali remembered why he carried the bottle of wine, as he gave it to his father.

“Reap what you sow huh, Geir?” Marco said with a delighted tone.

“Indeed.” And Geir, Vali’s Father, smiled appropriately to fruits of his labor.

 

Geir stood there, smiling blissfully at the joyousness of what he finally got, finally deserved.

 

Five years has passed since his wedding and a lot has changed more.

The man he brought from his homeland, has taken root in the plot of land he gotten in Syacus. They toil the land, they unearth the ground and created something they can lift off from.

With golden wheats stretching to the horizon and the vineyards on the hill.

A lot of dreams were fulfilled, among them was Geir’s wish for his parents death, as he found their smiling corpse, with wine on their hands, grapes on their mouths, while laying with a nice view of the endless golden wheats in front of them.

It was euphoric for Geir.

 

But this wasn’t all, aside with being blessed with twins, he also was blessed with pioneering a great village and soon to be a bustling town. With many diverse people, from his kinsman from Eyklandi, the natives of Syacus, and many people he met in Erisgi, the desert people, Sahrawukiran, northern neighbours, Bestiamien, and many more.

The village, called Karlstadt, named after his younger brother that sponsored and helped it, is becoming another jewel to the surrounded sea that Geir ventured, the Circondato Sea.

 

But nothing last forever, as this was the beginning of his end, of Geir the Stranger, Geir Stålder. And it came on a form of a messenger on horseback, rushing to him, to his son, and to his friend.

The courier wore the coat of arms of Syacus, making Geir realize it is a message from his brother, Karl.

And it was not a good news.

0