Invasion! Part III
719 12 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah. It's just you," I said, eyeing him with a mix of surprise and disbelief.

Why is he here? Well, it doesn't matter now.

Gunshots echoed outside, a reminder that the chaos was still unfolding.

They probably believed that Serge was extracting the research data.

"Why are you hiding it?" Morisaki asked, his expression filled with confusion.

Honestly, I didn't want anyone to see what had happened, but dwelling on it now would be a waste of time.

My priority was finding Sayaka.

"..."

Morisaki's face turned pale as if he had misunderstood something.

Damn it! That's not what I meant.

I never intended to kill anyone.

I clicked my tongue in frustration and flew through the hole in the roof, utilizing my flying magic.

The thunderous sound of my takeoff reverberated in the air as I soared at supersonic speed.

It didn't take long to reach the abandoned factory, approximately ten kilometers away from First High.

As I surveyed the area, I spotted seventy armed individuals wielding semi-automatic rifles. But more importantly, I could see Sayaka in the dungeon.

She looks injured... badly.

[My liege, with your permission, I will present their heads to you,] Alpha, spoke from behind me.

"Alpha, I don't recall ordering—sigh. Never mind," the details weren't important at the moment.

As we observed the old factory from above, the people inside seemed to relax, thinking that with Serge on their side, their operation would be a success.

---

"Is the ship ready?" Hajime inquired.

"No problem, Tsukasa-sama!" came the prompt response.

"Good work," Hajime acknowledged.

After Serge's arrival, he planned to flee to France. With his back against the wall, there was no need to ponder over it for long.

-Ugh! This place reeks!

-My liege, I will handle them myself. You just need to wait outside

A faintly unfamiliar voice sounded in Hajime's ears.

He frowned and turned towards the source of the voice, entering a large room. Surprise flashed in his eyes.

How did he locate him so quickly? If he wasn't mistaken, this person was...

His mind raced, momentarily confused, but he composed himself and maintained a facade.

"WELCOME! If I'm not mistaken, you must be Yuki Haku-kun," Hajime greeted with a smile, accompanied by a group of armed individuals positioned behind him.

He projected an air of calmness, as if welcoming an unexpected visitor he had no qualms about.

"Shut up, four eyes. I didn't come here for your bullshit, Tsukasa Hajime," Haku retorted, taunting him clearly.

Hajime narrowed his eyes, his senses heightened by the challenge. Perhaps this boy standing before him was simply bluffing.

"Chuckle~ I don't know where your confidence is coming from, but do you think you can escape from here? Too bad, I'm not interested in you,"

Hajime said his grin widening. Haku's words didn't faze him.

Haku tilted his head, rubbing his chin as he pondered Hajime's response.

"Ah, I remember now. You must be interested in the [Pseudo-Cast jamming] Tatsuya. It truly was fascinating."

"Hahaha! It seems you also have a keen eye for students. How about joining me, Yuki-kun?" Hajime suggested, maintaining his composed demeanor.

"Huh? You must be out of your mind. Do you think I'd have any interest in this third-rate organization? Sigh, just step aside, and I'll take Mibu Sayaka with me."

As Haku calmly walked forward, seemingly unaffected by the weapons aimed at him, Hajime couldn't help but question the state of his opponent's mind. Didn't he realize the danger posed by the numerous guns pointed in his direction?

"It appears that magicians like you believe you hold the advantage, to the point where real weapons are inconsequential," Hajime commented, raising his hand in a signal.

The men tightened their grips on their guns, their aim fixed on Haku. But Haku remained uninterested, coming to a halt without a flicker of concern.

"Too bad, high school boy. This is the extent of your power as a magician," Hajime declared, a faint smile of victory forming on his face.

However, the scornful gaze in Haku's eyes, coupled with a subtle smile, ignited a flame of anger within Hajime.

"Fools! Do you think I'm bluffing?" Hajime's words were sharp.

"Do it."

Hajime was taken aback, doubting whether he had heard correctly.

"I said do it. Pull the trigger."

Damn it.

Hajime grumbled, sensing Haku's confidence that he would emerge unscathed even if shot. Shaking his head, Hajime spoke, "Seems like your youth blinds you to the darkness of this world. I understand."

His words dripped with mockery.

"I will show you the darkness of this world, Yuki Haku-kun. Become our partner!" Hajime's eyes glimmered with an eerie light.

"Hahahahaha! Now you are one of us!" Hajime's laughter resonated, leaving Haku bewildered, his mind tangled in confusion.

"What the hell just happened? Is this some sort of twisted tickling magic?" Haku questioned, offering feedback tinged with a sense of strangeness.

Hajime's laughter ceased abruptly, his eyes widening.

Undeterred, Haku continued, "It doesn't matter. If you plan to attack me with your bizarre perverted magic, leave me out of it."

Haku maintained a slow, deliberate pace.

"Why doesn't my [Evil Eyes] work on someone like him?" Hajime stammered, disbelief evident in his eyes, his confidence in his magic now shattered.

"Oh? I see now. It's New Soviet Federation artificial magic, a technique developed by White Russia," Haku revealed, his identity and abilities puzzling Hajime.

Have we made a mistake? Who is this person?

Hajime pointed at Haku, his voice trembling. "Sh-shoot!"

Gunshots filled the air.

-Tututututututu!

But Haku remained unfazed, walking through the barrage of bullets as if he were a ghost. None of the projectiles harmed him, passing through his body without leaving a scratch. The bullets merely tore into the wall behind him, leaving their mark.

[Sukunahikona.]

Haku manipulated his body's density, allowing the bullets to pass through him as if he were void. They caused no damage, piercing the air and embedding themselves in the wall, harmless to Haku.

-Taktaktak!

The gunmen emptied their magazines.

However, Haku had already closed the distance, standing before them unscathed.

"H-huh!"

-Tzuu!

Haku swiftly moved past Hajime, his body passing through him like a wandering ghost. With a resounding thud, Hajime fell backward.

"W-What is this?" The onlookers widened their eyes, unable to believe what they were witnessing.

Could this still be called magic?

"Dare you!" A figure, driven by astonishment, rushed at Haku with a knife in hand.

Stab!

"Wh-where... did that come from?"

Instead of a knife penetrating Haku's flesh, a long sword emerged from his shadow.

Alpha, accompanied by her massive shadowy form, swiftly dispatched Hajime's men with her long sword.

[How dare you challenge the king with such feeble power,] Alpha proclaimed, driving her sword into the ground.

"Don't kill them, just guard the door while I'm inside," Haku commanded, opening the door to the dungeon.

[As you wish, my liege,] Alpha responded, bowing reverently with her towering figure.

---

-Taktak!

-Swung!

The sounds of wooden swords clashing echoed through the forest of First High. Yuki Haku and Mibu Sayaka engaged in an intense practice session, their focus solely on perfecting their swordplay. The movements were swift and precise, as they slashed, reflected, dodged, and stabbed with skill and determination. Sayaka seemed completely immersed in the sword, momentarily forgetting the true purpose behind it.

However, this seemingly youthful moment carried weight beyond mere practice. A peculiar bet awaited the loser, adding a touch of absurdity to the situation. As the clash reached its climax, the tip of Haku's wooden sword found its mark on Sayaka's nape, signifying her defeat.

"Ha! I've claimed my first victory," Haku declared triumphantly, a mischievous smirk adorning his face.

"Ugh! Damn it!" Sayaka comically grumbled, tossing her innocent wooden sword aside in frustration.

Meanwhile, Mei watched the scene unfold from a large tree branch, her expression deadpan as she absentmindedly chewed on popcorn.

"One... more time," she murmured softly, the phrase escaping her lips as she talked in her sleep.

"You're awake..." Haku's gentle voice stirred Sayaka from her slumber, her eyes fluttering open as she regained consciousness.

"Huh? Where am I?" Sayaka blinked, still disoriented, wondering if she was still caught in the clutches of a dream.

"I wonder why that grumpy senior hasn't shown up. Is she locked up in this dungeon? What's going on? And more importantly, are you alright?" Haku's concerned gaze met Sayaka's, and his voice lowered.

"Oh, so this isn't a dream..." Sayaka smiled, resigned to her current reality.

"If you're here, Haku-kun, does that mean Tsukasa Hajime has been captured?" Sayaka asked, turning her face away, her head still nestled against Haku's thigh.

"Somebody else has taken care of the four eyes,"

Haku reassured her, his voice implying, "Don't worry, I can handle this."

Sayaka chuckled, "You're amazing, Haku-kun. You're strong, and I envy how geniuses like you seem uninterested in the mundane life of a loser. But I hate myself." Her grip on Haku's trousers tightened, a mix of frustration and self-blame filling her words.

"I misunderstood my senior," Sayaka's voice trembled with a mix of vulnerability and regret.

"Tsukasa Hajime manipulated my memories, turning me into his puppet. When my true memories resurfaced, I was consumed by a desire for revenge, driven by a misguided sense of pity. I believed I was doing the right thing, but in the end, I was nothing more than a disposable doll, easily discarded." Her gaze shifted to Haku, tears streaking down her cheeks, leaving trails of darkness in their wake, a visual testament to the sleepless nights and inner turmoil she had endured. "I feel like such a fool, don't I?" she asked, her voice carrying the weight of self-doubt and remorse.

Behind Sayaka's absence for the past few days and Sayaka's sudden change in motivation, the puzzle pieces clicked together, and Haku grasped the truth.

"I never thought you were a fool," Haku's voice rang with sincerity as if he were trying to convince himself too.

"I never considered Mibu Sayaka to be an idiot," Haku's voice carried a genuine conviction as he locked eyes with her. "I have witnessed your kendo technique, and it has been a valuable source of inspiration for me. But if my words seem empty or simply meant to console you, then you should know that there is someone who recognizes your true worth. My classmate, Chiba Erika, happens to be the sole daughter of the esteemed Chiba clan. She holds your abilities in high regard and has witnessed the remarkable growth you've achieved over the years. Therefore, in her eyes, and mine, you are not an idiot."

Sayaka's grip tightened even further, her eyes welled up with tears, and a moment of vulnerability engulfed the dungeons as a pitiful sound reverberated through the air—her stomach growling with hunger.

"..."

"...If you don't mind, here's a protein bar for you. It's chocolate-flavored, so it's not bland like before," Haku offered, extending the protein bar to Sayaka with a warm smile.

In that instant, the weight of everything, the emotions, became too much for Sayaka to bear.

She burst into laughter, followed by uncontrollable sobs, clutching Haku's clothes tightly, and burying her face in his lap.

---

Alpha stood straight with his sword resting on the hilt. The long blade's point was embedded in the floor, a protective barrier preventing any bullets from reaching the entrance. The tension in the room was palpable as his subordinate, Hajime, scolded the others.

"What are you fools doing? That girl is our ticket out of this country, a treasured hostage!"

Hajime's voice echoed, but Alpha remained unfazed. Bullets and grenades ricocheted harmlessly off his body.

"Tsukasa-sama, it's impossible! That monster is too strong," Hajime' subordinate exclaimed, his expression growing pale.

He couldn't comprehend his misfortune. He believed his plan had failed and that Serge had been defeated. But who was this knight who had suddenly appeared?

An oppressive air enveloped the room, the weight of it bearing down on Hajime's knees. Alpha stood motionless, waiting silently. What would happen if that creature were to move?

"No... This can't be happening," Hajime finally snapped out of his daze. He had touched something he shouldn't have, someone he didn't need to touch.

As time passed, their ammunition dwindled, and Alpha removed the barrier guarding the door. With a resounding clack, Haku came out, carrying Sayaka in his arms.

The concrete floor cracked under the weight of Alpha's knees.

Alpha knelt respectfully, greeting Haku.

"Well done, Alpha."

[Thank you, my liege,] Alpha responded.

Tsukasa Hajime and the others gathered there were both amazed and filled with dread at the sight.

[I shall deal with them while you, my liege, take Mibu-sama to the hospital. A car awaits outside, prepared by Jarvis,] Alpha said on her knees.

[Do you want to accept the quest?] The sudden system quest prompt appeared, seemingly reading Haku's thoughts.

"No. Change your appearance and take Sayaka to the hospital. There's a jutsu I want to try," Haku commanded.

Alpha understood her master's intentions and replied, [Yes, my liege.]

As a black mist swirled around Alpha, her lengthy blonde hair cascaded down to the ground. The mist gradually dissipated, revealing a stunning girl with no pointed ears, signifying the absence of the elf race. Her maid outfit transformed into a typical Japanese high school uniform.

With Sayaka cradled protectively in her arms, Alpha left the scene.

Haku's cold voice cut through the frozen silence. "First time?"

The onlookers, petrified and fixated on beautiful Alpha, turned their gaze to Haku. Cold breath escaped their mouths as they shivered.

Haku formed a complex hand seal, a ninjutsu technique befitting someone with an ice elemental bloodline.

[Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals]

The pressure in the room shifted, causing a drastic temperature change. Enormous mirrors surrounded the seventy individuals.

"Help! Spare my life!" desperate pleas filled the air. Some offered anything in exchange for their survival.

Instinctively, they knew that death awaited them in the cruelest manner possible after glimpsing the expression on Haku's face. He entered the ice mirror, and with a blinding light, clones of Haku appear from each mirror, wielding ice needles poised for attack.

The air filled with terrifying screams as the icy needles rained down, piercing their bodies. In their desperation, some gave up, while others used the corpses as shields. Survival became a harsh reality of cunning and ruthlessness.

"H-How... Why me?" Tsukasa Hajime stuttered, still alive amidst the bloodshed. His body and that of his subordinates were covered in wounds, several ice needles still protruding from his flesh, freezing him to the core.

[Do you want to accept the quest?]

"Yes," Haku responded, his voice carrying a chilling determination.

34