CH 75: I KNOW WHO YOU ARE
3.6k 11 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kuroha was walking toward his home. After the speech of the principal about peace, freedom, and friendship...Well, he didn’t talk about friendship but his speech was so Nyan-Nyan he might as well, Kuroha was finally freed from this hell.

Originally, he planned to go home with either Momo or Midoriya, but well, Momo seems a little awkward so he didn’t ask her, and it seemed like Uraraka’s father was hospitalized; as such, Midoriya and Lida went with her. He could also call Minagata but he wanted to avoid having to explain why he was kicked out *Ahem* *Ahem* why he moved out of the house. The same went for Mirio. As for Nejire? Well, for some reason her phone didn’t connect. Perhaps she was busy?

(Hum...I really don’t have many friends.)

It was in situations like this that he understood how small the number of those he cared for was.

(Should I make more friends?)

Hum, this was a question he repeatedly asked himself. He wasn’t particularly interested in friendship itself, but rather on this concept called Nakama-power.

 He remembered this manga he read where the hero was a sort of fire breathing dragon and always managed to get by thanks to that power. It was a rather interesting manga, but the part about the heavy usage of Nakama power really pissed him off. Minagata was a fan of this manga. From what he said, the script might be just above average, but the drawing, more precisely, the girls one, were on the level of the god.

“*Sigh*When I begin to think about weird things like that, then it means I must really be tired.”

For once, he didn’t feel like training. He just wanted to relax. But at this rate, he would simply have to go back home. “Sigh, what a pain.” Sighed Kuroha as he switched on his phone and began to scroll his short contact list. Finally, a name caught his attention.

“Inasa...Perhaps I should go visit him? This is what friends are supposed to do right? Too bad he isn’t in the same hospital as Rei? Or perhaps I should simply visit him on a later date and directly go to Rei.”

Hum...What a dilemma. Visiting a loud obnoxious brat with a hero complex or a crazy but a rather beautiful woman who also plays the role of a surrogate mother? Hehe! As if. Why choose one when he could do the two?

As such, he went to the grocery before buying some fruits such as bananas, oranges, and apples before going toward the hospital where Inasa rested. The two hospitals were in completely different cities, but this was one of the advantages of having a teleport quirk.

A few minutes later, Kuroha stood in front of the door, *Knock* *knock*. He knocked and waited for a while, but no one answered him. 

*Knock* *Knock* “Inasa. Are you here?”

Still, no answer. 

(Hum...Perhaps something happened?)

The possibility, while slim was still here. So he simply opened the door. What he saw really surprised him.

Inasa, bare-chested and only wearing pants, was doing a handstand push up while seemingly listening to music as he had headphones covering his ears. Kuroha didn’t know what was the most incredible. The fact that he was doing it with one hand or the fact that he was doing this despite the fact that his other hand was still in plaster.

Seemingly feeling a presence, Isana opened his closed eyes before letting out an expression of surprise as said,

“OH!!! KUROHA MY FRIEND. HOW ARE YOU!!”

“*Sigh* Firstly stop doing this. You’re simply delaying your recovery. Secondly, stop talking so loudly, it’s a bother, thirdly, go wear something, you’ll catch a cold and it’s indecent. Finally, yes I am alright. Normally I would ask what about you, but if you can do handstand push ups then it means you must be pretty alright.”

Kuroha put a hand on his face as he already began to regret coming here. 

“AHAHA!!! KUROHA AS NAGG…”

*Glare*

“I mean as caring as always.”

Isana was truly thankful. He might not have known Kuroha for long, but he knew that if Kuroha didn’t care about it, he wouldn’t even nag at him, much less come to visit. For Isana, being nagged wasn’t a bad feeling. Only people who cared nagged. The moment someone who always nagged at you stops doing it, then you should immediately ask for forgiveness because it means you might lose a true friend.

After Inasa came back from wiping out his sweat and wearing clean clothes. Kuroha took a seat on a stool next to the bed and gave the fruits he bought.

“Take this.”

“Thanks, man.”

Inasa put the fruit down on a little table next to him.

“So, how is your stay at the hospital?”

“Ahah. It’s alright but frankly a little boring. Still, the doctor said that I was healing well and that I should be able to check out in about one week. What about you? How is school?”

“School isn’t bad. You missed a mock test but apart from that, it’s alright. Also, you’re pretty lucky, you should be able to participate in the festival.”

Inasa face could be seen lighting up.

“Kuuu!!! FINALLY!! Do you know how many times I watched this festival while wishing I was in their place? I am sure you must understand me.”

“Nop. I don’t really care about it.”

The face Isana made was pretty hilarious. Internally, Kuroha couldn’t help but sigh, once again, he never really paid attention to most heroes and heroes related schools such as U.A. Even when Mirio joined he never watched the festival. 

After that, Isana fell strangely silent. Kuroha could see that he had something to say but didn’t know how to do it. Still, it wasn’t as if he was hurried for time, and the only time he felt silence was uncomfortable was when it was Himiko who was silent.

After a while, Inasa finally opened his mouth,

“Say, Kuroha what do you think of what happened recently?”

Kuroha paused a little before understanding what Inasa meant by that day. 

Officially it was known as The Massacre of Saitama or TMS for short since it happened in that city. But, some netizens, mostly people completely in Chunni mode gave cheesy names such as D-day, or Sabbat of Devils. One even went as far as calling it the apocalypse. Truthfully, he didn’t care about how it was called. He just knew that it was a day he never forgets. 

“I don’t understand your question.”

Inasa didn’t look at kuroha. He was looking at his hand before clenching it tightly.

“You know...Some of my friends from Middle school were doing an outing there. Yesterday, I was informed that two of them died, while the third one was saved by Devil.”

Kuroha tilted his head. 

(The world is really small. To think I would save one of his friends.)

Inasa continued without stopping, “I think that what Devil did was really admirable. He is a true hero. He might have killed but I’m sure that it was because he didn’t have a choice. He must be a really awesome guy!!”

Kuroha listened to all that with a dispassionate expression. He didn’t care about the curses of praises that were showered on him. Perhaps if it was Himiko or Nighteyes praising him he might have felt happy? Anyways, he had a realization while killing and torturing those people.

Could he really talk about evil and justice when what he did wasn’t much better? Killing is a sin. A sin stays a sin no matter for what reason it was done. But Kuroha didn’t plan to surrender himself either. So, what did it mean? It was then that he understood. He never really cared about justice and the like.

He didn’t kill evil people because what they did was bad and evil. No. He simply killed them because he didn’t like what they’re doing. It was as simple as that. He didn’t care about justice, he didn’t care about morality, he didn’t care about right or wrong. He was just a selfish and hypocritical bastard with a zest of nihilism and knew it all syndrome, and...He didn’t care.

(*Sigh* My mental stability is really slipping back to how it was a few years ago. I really need to enter the throne later and speak with Madness.)

“...roha...Uroha...KUROHA!!!”

He snapped back to attention before letting out a sheepish smile. He didn’t feel sorry, but he had to at least play the part,

“Sorry, I was lost in thought. Let me say that I am sorry for your loss. Still, I am also happy that at least one friend managed to survive. I hope he isn’t too rattled.”

Inasa let out a bright smile,

“That guy is pretty sturdy. He is just a little bruised.”

After that, they talked a little bit, before Kuroha finally decided to go back. They didn’t talk about Devil anymore after that. Right now, he wasn’t that much in the mood to go see Rei. She still was mostly stable, but who knew what could provoke another problem? He didn’t want her to see her in bad form.

As he walked he began to enter back deep into his thought. Sometimes being alive and being able to think was such a pain. He wished to simply be able to sleep and fall into the abyss of his own mind. He knew he could fall unconscious. But the first time he did, he was on the verge of death after suffering from a super explosion. Not easy to replicate.

Finally, he reached a park and stopped to buy some juices or a yogurt. He wasn’t thirsty, but something cold would make him feel better. It was when he was about to pay that his phone began to vibrate. He opened it and was surprised to find that it was an unknown number,

“Hello, It’s Kuroha Hayate. Who are you?”

“...”

“Hello. No one there?”

The person on the other side stayed silent before a beautiful feminine voice finally answered him,

“...You don’t know who I am, but...I know who you are.”

So.. With this I have wrote 75 chapters, 14 interlude and one prologue. For a total of 90 chapters. Frankly I would have never thought that I would have reached so far when I began.

Anyway I have an announcement to make. Once I reach chapter 100, I plan to open a patreon or coffee and add my PayPal. After all writing every day despite school and all that isn't easy. What more with hundreds chapters I think I have proven to be serious in my writing since I have always respected my weekly goal. Don't worry. Even if I receive nothing, I will not change my current schedule and will always post 5 chapters each week and bonus chapter depending on my rank on WN. I just hope that you guys find my work worthwhile enough to put some money into it.

95