CH 101: AWKWARD (2)
3k 8 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“...Huh?”

{Kuroha?}

“...Oh...Sorry, I was just shocked, congratulations!!”

{We were also shocked. But still, I am rather happy about it.}

“Ahaha! Of course...Hum. Could we continue tomorrow? I am a little tired and wanted to sleep.”

{Of course. I also want to meet you soon. I think it’s time we discuss some of our issues.}

“...I see. No problem. Good night.”

{Good night}

~Tu tu tu~

The sound ringed in his ear as he threw the phone away and let himself fall on the bed.

‘For the first time, I really wish I was able to sleep.’ 

----

*Chirp* *Chirp*

An uneventful night went passed. The sun began to rise and the birds chirped as a way to welcome it. It was a beautiful morning. But for some, it was just a pain.

Kuroha lay down on the bed as he replayed the conversation with Nighteye. After it, he lost all drive to discuss with his personalities. He wasn’t in a hurry to receive even more weird news.

‘What should I do?’

The truth was that, despite how close he was to them, he always feels a little estranged from Kotone and Minegata. It wasn’t anything bad. Just that sometimes he asked if he belonged really. 

These feelings become greater after being booted out of the house. Of course, he understood the logic. He understood that Nighteye needed time, but now, he got this news.

He didn’t know if he should be happy or sad.

Until now, even though he wasn’t related by blood, he was Nighteye's sole relative. His son. But, once he marries Kotone, she will officially become his wife and Minegata his child. What more, they will soon have a child of their own.

This gradual improvement brought a beautiful feeling as if looking at the photo of a warm family. Sadly, he didn’t see himself in it.

Many say that blood relationships didn’t matter. After all, a brother could kill and betray each other. But, the same went for friends, with the odds being higher for the latter situation.

Frankly, Kotone and Nighteye and Minegata were good people. Kotone always tried to act like a mother to him. She never discriminated against him and sometimes she treated him even better than she did Minegata. Same went for Minegeta and Nighteye. He could say with assurance that any of those three would risk their life for him with no hesitation.

But, well, if fear wasn’t something rational it wouldn’t be called fear. Nighteyes would soon have his own son or daughter.

As long as nothing went wrong, that child wouldn’t grow to become a murderous being who killed without batting an eye. Being raised by Nighteye, as long as his/her quirk was up to par, that child would be raised to become the perfect hero, unlike him. Pretty hard to fight against that.

“Sigh...Perhaps it was for the better that I left the house.”

He took a look at his clock and closed his eyes and thought.

‘I really don’t want to go to school today.’

-----

Thirty minutes later, Kuroha was slowly walking toward the school. There were many things he didn’t want to do in this world. That didn’t mean that he could avoid doing them.

Also, rather than staying and brooding at home, it was way better to distract himself by going to school.

He opened his phone and took a look at his agenda. It was pretty packed. He had something to do every day for the rest of the week.

This night though, he had to meet Himiko. They weren’t able to properly discuss the surprise she had for him. From how excited she was it seemed like it would be something incredible.

Tomorrow, he had to visit Rei, then later visit Momo.

The next day was half-day and he had to go visit Inasa since he would be discharged that day, later he would go meet Melissa to discuss more their cooperation.

Finally, on Sunday, he had another training session with Mirko and would most likely meet and discuss with Nighteye in the afternoon.

He couldn’t help but be a little dazed. Lately, he had many more things to do. He was more mellow and had more friends. 

He was way happier recently than he had been in a long time. Not that he wasn’t happy in the past. But well, the change was still startling.

‘I wonder if it’s a good or bad thing.’

He didn’t believe in Nakama power. But it was also true that having things to protect could make people push themselves harder.

‘Well, no use thinking about that. I better hurry to school.’

*Beep* *Beep*

‘Hum? A message.’

He opened his phone and looked at the message.

Sender: UA

Content: For special reasons, UA canceled all classes for today. The students are invited to go back to their homes and avoid going out.

“What the heck is happening again?”

While he was asking himself such a question,

*Beep* *Beep*

‘Another?’

When he opened, he was extremely surprised by the identity of the sender.


A short chapter. I have an interview today about my future university. Funny with how my own University closed right now. Anyway I am sweating bullet right now with how stressed I am.

You guys know hom spiteful I am. How could you be happy if I am not? So I let another big cliff. A double cliff. This my way to show love to you all

 *Tehe*

76