CH 127: ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED
2.4k 10 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The spectator watched as the fight continued one after another. Even though there was some upset along the way, those who managed to display outstanding performance in the previous part still stayed a step ahead.

----

Présent Mic was filled with excitement as he continued to comment. 

[What a beautiful display. After many fights, it's time for the last fight to determine the one who will enter the top EIGHT!!!!] 

Kuroha sat in the stand and watched as Momo and Tokoyami began to slowly reach the ring. He had observed the different displays of Tokoyami, and he had to accept that the guy wasn't bad. His quirk was very dangerous. Still, this didn't matter. After all, he knew that Momo would win.

Meanwhile, Present Mic still continued his presentation

[Offense and defense in one body! The dark samurai accompanied by Dark shadow! From the hero course, it's FUMIKAGE!!!! TOKOYAMI!!!...]

Fire flew out from the ring as Tokoyami finally reached it and stood with his arms crossed.

'*Chuckle* This whole presentation really feels like some wrestling match.' Thought Kuroha as he watched the display. 

[...VERSUS!! The all-purpose creation! She was admitted through recommendations, so her abilities are certified! From the hero course, it's MOMO!!!! YAOYOROZU!!!]

Momo looked rather relaxed as she let out a small smile while looking at Tokoyami.

---

"Midoriya, what do you think of this match?" asked one of the students to Izuku. After all this time, the students were already used to Izuku habit of Keeping notes about different heroes and students and came to respect his tactical mind. 

Midoriya, who was holding his book, let out a bitter smile as he said,

"Normally, I would say that the key to this match would be time. But...Well, I think it's better for you to wait and see. Let's just say that Tokoyami is rather unlucky this time."

Even though Izuku wasn't too close to Momo, he saw her training with Malicia and Kuroha. Let's just say that it was an eye-opener. 

---

While observing the one that would fight him, Tokoyami found himself into deep in thought as he waited for Present Mic to give the signal.

'As the professor said, my greatest strength is the versatility of my quirk. What more I can use dark shadow with basically no time lag. Momo seems to be more of the trap type. I should overwhelm her from the start.'

Tokoyami's plan was simple, anyone could understand that Momo required time in order to use her power. He just had to be too fast for her to effectively create anything. 

[Match START!!]

The moment the start was given, he didn't hesitate and immediately sent out his shadow. He was ready for her to block his attack and already decided on the best path that would let him win without hurting her too much. But… It was then that he saw some he would never forget. 

"Compared to his swords this is too slow."

Despite the distance, he could hear her words clearly as with incredible precision, Momo dodged his attack before rushing toward him at an unbelievable speed for such a frail-looking woman.

"Tch. Dark shadow!!"

Still, the time spent in U. A wasn't in vain, and he didn't stay in a daze for too long. 

He made his shadow come back as fast as possible, but just this lapse of attention was enough for him to lose sight of her.

'Shit!! Where is she?"

"Here."

"What?!"

He looked hurriedly to his right, only to see her throw some sort of little black cylinder toward him while wearing a pair of dark glasses and headset that seemed to come out of nowhere.

'What are those?'

His question was fast answered 

"Flashbang!"

"Argh!!"

What followed was an explosion of light and sound powerful enough to nearly knock him out as the pain flooded his senses. He instinctively tried to use dark shadow, but, because of the light, dark shadow became so weak that he couldn't even move.

It was then that he understood that he had been completely outsmarted from the start.

"Guh!"

This understanding was sadly only rewarded by a powerful punch in the gut that knocked out the air out of him. 

Then just as he kneeled down to take more air, he felt a hand on his head violently push him down and take hold of his other arm at the same time.

Even though his sight hadn't completely come back, he could understand his situation, but he wasn't willing. The light of the bombs wouldn't stay long, he just needed to hold on before using his quirk. At this distance, she would have no way to escape.

Sadly, his hope was crushed when he heard a gentle voice in next to his ear,

"Surrender, one move from you and I will activate ten stun bombs at the same time ten times more powerful than the previous ones. Trust me. It will hurt. A lot more."

This threat was followed by her tightening the arm lock she put him under. The pain sending jolt to his already numbed brain.

Powerless, unable to move nor his quirk. Tokoyami took the only choice that was available to him. 

"I...Surrender."

In Canon. Tokoyami totally destroyed Momo. So I decided to give her some payback.

How did you find this fight?

No chapter tomorrow. I must write Endless

65