CH 43: PRACTICAL TEST (3)
5.4k 17 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inasa begins to gather wind around him and propelled himself into the testing ground. Kuroha, watching this, simply smiled before using a knife to wound himself.

The blood began to flow, then took the form of a skateboard. Then the wound closed at a visible speed. Kuroha smiled, this was one of the techniques he created since he learned he could fly.

Two years ago, Madness manipulated the blood flow in all his body and then flew. It looked easy on the surface, but the number of calculations necessary for such an operation was still too much for him. Each time he tried he would simply destroy his body from the interior. 

The sole time he nearly succeeded, he crashed in a very embarrassing place. But this was a story for later. 

Anyway, one day, Izuku who saw him agonizing over this problem simply said. "Why do you need to fly with your own body? Can't you just your blood as a platform?"  

Kuroha never felt so dumb in his entire life. Though, in his defense, he was simply so into the idea of flying that the idea of simply using a medium never entered his mind. 

Since he couldn't control it from the inside, he will control it from the outside as he always did. 

Sometimes, things are really weird. The moment his mind became less rigid, tens of ideas rushed in his mind. 

Finally, he remembered the flying sword always mentioned in Chinese novel and decided to do something like that

"HOVERBOARD."

He jumped onto his hoverboard and rushed into the testing test without caring about the weird look. This hoverboard didn't allow him to fly too high. Just about two or three meters above the ground. But it was plenty enough and very very fast. 

Once on it, he could easily reach a max speed of about 108 km/h. He could even go faster, about ten times faster and reach subsonic speed if he gave up on maneuvering and just rushed in a straight line. 

Frankly, this wasn't anything great in the world of quirks. He once raced on a racing circuit against All Might. The result? A total humiliation.

In the end, All Might speed was about 400KM/H and that was with him being wounded and not taking it seriously. From what he told him he could even go faster in the past and reach sonic or supersonic speed without losing any maneuverability... 

He also said that all top speed type heroes could at least reach a subsonic speed. That was simply mind-boggling. 

Despite that, what made this hoverboard really scary wasn't the speed itself but the fact that he didn't need to accumulate speed. Inertia could go fuck itself and had no meaning to it. He could go from 0 to 100 with just a thought. 

Frankly, in a short and mid-range, it was even scarier than his [BLINK]. 

What followed was a true show of power as Inasa and Kuroha destroyed robots by the tens. The others who had formed an alliance, seeing the situation didn't hold back anymore and also begin to destroy robots.

Despite that, they put all their attention to the first two because it was clear that they would be the ones with the most points.

As Kuroha cut easily another robot, he began to pay more attention to Inasa. From what he could see, he had a pretty powerful wind quirk and had a great level of control.

He tilted his head in wonder. Do one need to be a naive smiling idiot in order to become strong? All Might, Mirio and now Inasa. There's also him, Izuku. Though in this case, he wasn't really at the top and was far from having the same level of charisma.

(Hum...Something to look into later I guess.)

He decided to destroy another one, but the moment his sword was about to cut it, 

BOOM!!!

A rock crushed it. Kuroha stopped and looked behind him. There, a group of examinees looked at him with a smirk on their face. The one who did it was a young girl who was holding a staff in her hands.

Kuroha stopped paying attention to them before jumping from his hoverboard and walking away, hands in his pocket. 

He didn't care that they tried to steal points from him. At this level, there's no way he wasn't in the top ten. 

What's more, if he understood the purpose of this test. Attacking them first would be detrimental to him. 

That's how things continued. Sometimes people would steal his kills. But he didn't retaliate. Simply because he let them steal. He needed them to think he was a pushover and once they attacked him first. Then... 

He hid a smile as he began to look around. Frankly, those robots weren't anything great, so in less than 10 mn they were close to being all destroyed.

 As Kuroha walked, he began to feel the stares on his back. He didn't turn. He knew that such a situation would happen. He wanted such a situation to happen. 

As if that wasn't enough a screen suddenly appeared and three pictures were shown. Kuroha, Inasa, and a green-haired girl. Present mic voice sounded once again and reached everyone 

"THOSE THREE ARE THE BESTS OF THE BESTS. THEY ARE THE TOP THREE. BUUUT!!!!! THERE'S STILL 18 MIN BEFORE THE END OF THE TEST."

Once Present Mic said those words, Kuroha could feel that the already subtle atmosphere become more explosive.

 He could see the eyes of the examinee shining as they looked at him like he was their prey. A chilling smile formed on his face. 

Prey? He may be far from the top, but here, with all the examinees, he wasn't a prey. He was the hunter. He murmured gently,

-----

Present Mic observed the situation from far away as she sat on a building. He really didn't understand those guys. They were supposed to be smart and composed. So why did they all rush towards the one at the top? Or did they think he only had speed?

Present Mic didn't know how strong that guy quirk was, but at least he could see that he wasn't a greenhorn, but rather, someone who already fought many battles. 

Still, watching the battle, he winced. He didn't think that it would be so crushing. This kid quirk was really dangerous. One slip in control and someone would have died.

One vs eight. It was supposed to be an awesome battle where blood will be shed. Sadly; it didn't last more than a few minutes. It was simply crushing.

----

A few minutes ago, 

During those two years since the fight against muscular, he trained and trained like mad. He destroyed his body, he racked his brain to find new techniques. 

He refused to wallow in self-pity. Questions such as why was he so weak? why was his control over his own power so abysmally low compared to his other personalities? Why did he have to train so hard? Never stayed long in his head.

He wasn't the center of the world. He wasn't the most unfortunate being in the world. Nor was he the most fortunate. He was just a man. If he didn't continue advancing, others will walk ahead without him.

Now, he was stronger faster and overall better. It was time to show another one of the results of his two years long training.

"Unlimited blades styles: First style."

(AN: Hum frankly this style work more like the gate of Babylon of Gilgamesh.

But I liked the name UBW. More explanation in the next chapter. ?

(AN 2: Also for those who don't know, I really did some research for the speed. It wasn't something I pulled out of my ass. All Might vs All for One. All Might reached a speed of about 600 km/h when he rushed towards AFO. 

 If I remember well, and that was with him being a little busy with Nomu, and being wounded. AFO said it himself: It took you 30 WHOLE seconds to cover 5 km. So in AFO eyes, this speed is nothing compared to All Might peak.

What more with some research I found that deku could reach a speed of about 212 m/s with 20% of OFA in a burst of acceleration over a short distance. It happened in the Manga not yet in the Anime. So if 20% is already subsonic speed you can imagine the speed all might have at his peak. Also, Mirio could perceive and avoid bullets. 

Finally, don't use ilda results in the quirk assessment test. Even though he was in gear 3 the distance of 50m was too short to allow him to accelerate. What more recently Izuku himself said that Ilda speed in his burst mode was close to that of Gran Torino. 

So yeah. Subsonic speed and sonic speed reaction time are necessary to reach the top as a speed type hero. Of course, if I am wrong and someone finds others number he can send them to me. But I am pretty sure I am right. ?)

124