CH 47: PAST? (1)
5.4k 8 134
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days later, the teachers of U.A were reviewing the total score of the examinee. While looking at the answer sheet given by the examinee, and remembering their actions during the practical exam, each of the teachers sometimes nodded or sometimes frowned. The goal of today’s reunion was to totalize the points of each examinee. Two batches, Ten recommended students in total.

The grading system this time for the practical exam was divided into three. Villain points, determined by the points gotten from destroying robots, Rescue point determined by a panel of judges finally morality points. Determined by the number of students you attacked. Self-defense didn’t count. The morality points were negative. So the higher they were, the lower your overall score would be. 

The morality points wouldn’t be implemented in the public exam.  

As they totalized the numbers of points, they finally reached a consensus and Nezu announced

“This year recommended candidates are, Mineta Minagata and Hatsume Mei for the departments of support. Yaoyorozu Momo, Tokage Setsuna, Honenuki Juzo, Yoarashi Inasa, Todoroki Shoto, Gin Ayakahime and finally… Hayate Kuroha for the hero department. No one qualified for a recommendation in the department of general education and the department of management. Any objection?”

An uncomfortable silence landed in the room. Finally, Kayama Nemuri, also known as Midnight raised her hand,

“I can barely accept Gin’s being recommended, despite her quirk behind related to charm, her personality doesn’t seem malicious just a little mischievous. But as for Hayate Kuroha, I vehemently Object.”

Yes, Hayate Kuroha was the cause of this situation. Even though only three people were present in the room during the interview, the room was full of cameras that directly streamed it to another location where all the seniors’ teachers were reunited.

They were all pro or ex-pro heroes. They have seen their fair share of monsters and horror. If Kuroha was a screaming lunatic who spoke about destroying evil, they wouldn’t have taken this so seriously. It wasn’t like they never had unruly students. 

But this boy...Some of them shuddered. This wasn’t normal. Even being on the other side of the screen they still felt goosebumps at his words.

Nezu, hearing Midnight objection didn’t speak but lifted his teacup that was empty. Hyoga, who stood behind him still in Butler outfit refilled it. A light fragrance of high-quality tea wafted in the room. 

Even the queen of England couldn’t drink this tea more elegantly than Nezu. Seeing him like this, the teachers began to settle down and slowly stopped arguing. Finally; after a few minutes of silence, Nezu put back his cup before saying,

“Midnight, I understand your worries, but you should understand that Hayate Kuroha simply doesn’t need UA to become a hero. He doesn’t even need japan to do so. As such, even if we refused him here, nothing would change.”

“But…”

“Let me finish.”

Midnight hung her head and stayed silent.

“We are educators. Our role isn’t to discriminate against our own students but to slowly guide them toward their dreams and transforming them into valuable men and heroes for our society. Am I right, Midnight?”

She reluctantly nodded,

“Now for Hayate Kuroha's case, as a hero and a teacher, rather than fearing him, wouldn’t it be better to keep him under our care? We may not be able to change his end goal, but we could make it so he doesn’t transform into the monsters he wants to destroy.”

This time, everything was more or less settled. Nezu spoke

“Eraser head, this year, you’ll be class A teacher. With unstable elements such as Todoroki Shoto and Hayate Kuroha, your abilities to erase quirks will be vital”

“Roger.”

“Now, dismissed.”

-----

Kuroha stood on the beach, facing the setting sun. Why? Because it looked cool. Well not only that. 

All it lacked was some jazz music and the scene would be perfect.

After his interview with Nezu, he simply got out and exchanged numbers with Inasa before teleporting away. He needed to be alone. He wanted to be alone.

Right here and now, as he faced the sun, he could feel how vast and beautiful the world was.

He raised his hand toward the sky. 

Sometimes, he felt like he wasn’t part of this world. As if this world was nothing more than a temporary stop for him as if everything that was happening was nothing more than a dream.

He let his hand fall. Now wasn’t the time to daydream. Most likely, either Nighteye or All Might were informed about the interview.

He wondered idly, how will they look at him? Would they look at him with disgust? 

He didn’t really know. It had been two days since he didn’t go home.

 He basically needed no sustenance as long as he didn’t use his blood nor did he needed to sleep. 

“*Sigh*” 

His phone had been ringing like crazy since then. He sent them a message to say that everything was alright. But they should still be worried. 

At least, no one tried to find him, not because they didn’t care, but simply because they knew that no one could find him if he didn’t want to be found.

“*Sigh*”

He knew he was acting like an Emo, but sometimes one needed to let out his inner Emo. He didn't want to needlessly worry them, but this was something he needed. 

Another reason and most importantly was that he wanted to go look at something very important. 

The place where everything begins. The place where his destiny was changed two times. The place where he lived the most horrible times of his life. 

The laboratory...

134