INTERLUDE 11: CHESS
5.1k 24 125
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IN THE THRONE ROOM,

This throne looked different than usual? Darker, bleaker, somber. One of the doors, the one representing Ruler was filled with fissure. Alongside this, the door looked more illusory as if it was fading.

In such a bleak throne room, Ruler, Slayer, and Madness were seated as usual. The atmosphere between the three of them was rather stifling though.

Ruler looked weakened as he seated on his throne while leaning forward on his sword. His vibrant silver-white hair seemed greyer. While his skin didn't look different, if one looked carefully, they would see deep wrinkles close to his eyes.

Madness looked at Ruler's current state with deep guilt and confusion. Guilt because of what happened due to his stubbornness, confusion because he didn't understand why he was in this state.

Madness wanted to apologize, but he was pushed from a wave of Ruler's hand.

"Let me think."

Currently, Ruler was admonishing himself for letting Madness do as he please. There are many things he should have done. But now this wasn't the most important. The problem was that he had intervened too soon and did something taboo, now he was paying the price.

He took a deep breath before looking at Madness and Slayer with complicated eyes. The deck was stacked against him from the start. Destiny was just trying to fuck them over.

He managed to cheat death this time by sending information from their future self, but such a move nearly wiped him out. If he did this once again, he would die, well, he wasn't alive per so, so his existence will be erased.

He sighed, he understood now why Nighteye was so reluctant to use his power. Seeing the future wasn't fun, trying to intervene was even worse. Even more so for him since this quirk, while more powerful, also had heavier restrictions. 

After calming himself he began to think more ahead. In order to understand just how much he could he safely influence the future, he already sent a vision to Hope back then about their future little sister. This vision was as confusing as it could get. The problem was that he didn't receive a backlash back then. So why did he this time? The most likely answer was either the impact the information he sends had or the amount and clarity of said information or even a combination of those three.

Still, he needed to send more vision of her. The sooner they saved her from that hell the better.

"Shit!"

How much he wished to just go and save her. But nooo he had to dance around so many restrictions. Just why get a quirk with such strident conditions? It was like someone with bad taste was trying to nerf them. 

This was so frustrating. There so much he knew, so much he could have done. If he was set free of all those bindings he was sure they could become one of the most powerful beings if not the most in just a few weeks.

Well, at least it was more interesting like that. He had to accept that being able to become so strong so fast would have made life very boring. Most likely they would have become an OP motherfucker who could destroy everything in one punch band who endlessly chased fight in order to find someone who could match him.

Now that his musing was finished, he faced Madness with a stern face

"Madness, I would like to tell you, I told you so, but the truth is that this time we share the same amount of responsibility. I should have put my foot down. Let it be a lesson for the two of us."

He turned to face slayer. This time, the greatest contributor to their survival was Slayer. He was the one who created or would have created NUEVA ESPERANZA one year later. Sadly, he couldn't tell him that

"Slayer, do what you're best at. It's necessary to train Kuroha. I don't know how he learned this new technique but it's clear that you are the most suited to teach him that. Just, please try to be more vocal during the training. Beating him again and again without explaining serves no purpose."

His cheek twitched a little as he said this. Frankly speaking, Slayer was a shitty teacher. Even now he still didn't manage to teach Kuroha how to better use their teleportations quirk.

Thankfully, soon they would meet that bastard. Once they meet him, learning about [BLINK] will become way easier.

He let out a small smile at this thought. The pieces were slowly placing themselves on his board. Once he reunited them all, it would be time to begin their counterattack and destroy their Worst enemy.

This was their destiny, this was their duty, this was their trial.

125