CH 69: ISSUE (1)
3.9k 20 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Four days after the appearance of the Devil. It was in the morning. Birds were chirping and dogs

Right now Kuroha was standing in front of a high-rising apartment building in Tokyo. On his back, a large bag could be seen, while he was holding the handle of a travel bag with his left hand. In his right hand, he was holding a map. On its instructions could be seen, with the face of a girl sticking out her tongue drawn on the left side.

Kuroha sighed, before finally ringing the bell. But, why was kuroha holding so much luggage and looking as if he was moving out? Well, it's because he was. 

----FLASHBACK START

Two days after the event of Devil apparition, Kuroha was sitting in his bedroom with Milieniea. Her words put him in a true dilemma.

“You need to move out.”

Kuroha was stunned for a short while. Move out? What does it mean? Milienia, as if finding his reaction funny, let out a petal laugh, before rolling her eyes.

“You really think we are blind? Even though you were covered in armor, I could easily decipher your fighting style. The same went for Nighteye and All Might. Right now they're too busy dealing with the fallout of your actions. Thankfully you were smart enough to not use your quirks to their fullest. People don't even know that you have a blood quirk but think that you have one that allows you to create weapons."

Kuroha shut up after hearing this. Truthfully, the moment he went back and saw that video of him, he was dumbfounded. He didn't even know when it was taken. No rather who the hell has the time to take a video when they're facing such a situation. 

Anyway, he had already made preparations and never used his [BLINK] in front of people. Same for Hemokinesis. He only created weapons directly from his armor. Seems like this really saved him. Thinking of it, his [BLINK] currently feels weird. As if somehow it became something else, something more, he needed to investigate it later. After scattering those thoughts he asked, 

"What did Nighteye and All Might say?" 

"Nothing. Boy, those two really love you. Let me be clear with you. Right now you need to move out. You need to create some distance between the two of you and Nighteye. The man broke his conviction again and again for you. Right now, you are officially a criminal but he is still trying to protect you. But even so, he should be struggling internally right now."

Kuroha lowered his head in shame. He couldn't understand what Nighteye and All Might were feeling. But since the two of them wanted him to become a hero so much, the current disappointment should be greater than anything else. 

"Shouldn't I at least stay and try discussing with him?" 

"Yes. You really need a discussion with Nighteye. No, with all of us. But not right now. Those children’s feelings are still too raw. Same goes for you. If you guys discuss in your current state, someone will say something that cannot be taken back. I would rather avoid senseless drama."

Milienia, seeing Kuroha silent, shook her head before continuing,

“*Sigh* Right now, the relationship between you and Nighteye as well as All Might is like a bridge. A very fragile bridge that might snap at any moment. If you walk on it without enough preparation, it will fall with the two of you.”

After a while, Kuroha finally raised his head 

"I understand. Where am I going to stay?" 

Milienia tilted her head and let out a wink before saying 

"It's. A. Secret."

Kuroha shuddered. What kind of prank did this master of his prepared? 

-----FLASHBACK END

Kuroha waited for a little at the intercom before hearing.

“Who are you?”

“Hello, I am Hayate Kuroha. Milienia-sensei told me to come here.”

“...”

“Hello?”

“...Shit!! Wait for a little.”

Kuroha was a little bewildered but still decided to wait. It wasn’t like he had anything better to do.

Five minutes later, he could hear a buzz from the intercom, as well as the sound of the door unlocking.

“Come in, I’m on the third floor.”

Kuroha nodded, even though he knew he couldn’t be seen, and entered. While walking, he began to have a feeling of incongruity.  This feeling grew stronger and stronger as he neared the elevator. Then, it hit him... He couldn’t feel any heartbeat. Rather, he could only feel one heartbeat. 

(Hum...So she is like Nighteye. It seems like the entire building belongs to her. I really wonder who she might be.)

Well, let just say, that he was really surprised by who he saw once he reached the third floor.

----

Nighteye was sitting in his office, cleaning one of his many figurines of All Might,

“If you continue like that you’ll break it.”

This voice made him pause a little. He raised his head and saw Milienia standing in front of him. He was a little surprised. To think he wouldn’t even be able to hear her entering.

“Still thinking about the boy?”

Nighteye flinched a little before asking a question,

“Do you think I failed as a father?”

“Yes, you did.”

The answer was so instantaneous that Nighteye feels like he was physically punched.

“Ahaha look at your face! What? Did you think I would do something less hurtful? let’s be more serious, you seriously failed. You didn’t notice a dangerous problem because you didn’t want to face the truth. Now, it’s already too late, but you still refuse to appear. Your lack of insight and your cowardice is really beautiful to look at.”

Nighteye closed his eyes in pain. He wanted to explain, but She once again cut him off,

“I will be frank with you. You fucked it. At least you should have seen him out. But...You didn’t. Mending the relationship between the two of you will be hard.

Nighteye nodded. Right now, he felt many conflicting emotions about Kuroha. But in the end, Kuroha wasn’t an evil existence. He was just his son. He would protect him, even if it goes against every principle he ever held dear. That’s what it means to be a parent. A parent should be ready to sacrifice his well being for his children.  

“But where did you send him?”

“Where? Ufufu! Somewhere great!!” 

(AN: A short chapter today. I had a shitty day so I'm not in the best state for writing a longer chapter.

Also I didn't receive any feedback back from you about my new prologue. Give me your opinion please.) 

99