Chapter 22: Decaf
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gesus gave chase, strength allowing her to catch up with relative ease.

 

The streets were claustrophobic and dirty, like a dungeon.

 

Beer Beard turned to check behind him, “SHIT! SHE GAINING ON US!”

 

As the trio of Beer Beard, Mike, and Frank continued to zig zag through the narrow streets and allies.

 

Mike pulled out several smoke bombs, “There are three of us, we should split up after I throw this! She can’t kill all of us!”

 

“THEN DO IT!”

 

The small black sphere hissed as if it were alive.

 

Mike threw it infront of where they were running towards. 

 

A snow white cloud exploded into existence with frightening ferocity.

 

They all ran through it, even Gesus, but when she went through it she lost sight of them.

 

Her eyes frantically dotted around, trying to look for any signs.

 

But she found none, they were gone.

 

Her shoulders drooped down as let out a deep sigh.

 

Gesus trudged her way back to Bottle's apartment, her body aching from the poison that had seeped into her system from that unknown substance. 

 

The sun was setting, casting an orange glow over the city as she walked the empty streets. 

 

Normally there would be at least some bystanders lingering about, but to her surprise she hardly saw anyone.

 

Or perhaps it was because she was drugged?

 

She suddenly caught a whiff of a sweet aroma. 

 

It was a familiar scent, one she associated with warmth and comfort. 

 

She followed her nose, and found the source of the smell coming from a man drinking from a steaming cup.

 

As she blinked she noticed the man drinking. It was a goofy looking man.

 

They were a Food Person, he had a large rectangular chocolate head which seemed creamy brown and sweet.

 

His clothes were also absurd, light blue pajamas with white clouds, and a pair of brown sandals. 

He tucked his equally rectangular pair of glasses as he blew the steaming hot chocolate in his hand.

 

The cup was candy apple red. It was like seeing a red jewel in a desert.

 

The ‘HOT’ written in bold white font on the cup was hard to miss. 

 

As her mouth drooled with anticipation, the man gestured to the other chair at the table.

 

Her eyes trailed towards the spare cup on the table.

 

The man had a gentle voice, "I made you some hot chocolate. Come sit and drink it while it's still hot."

 

To Gesus this seemed like some sort of dream, her mind was adrift and a couple of warm hot chocolate or whatever it was seemed irresistible.

 

Gesus took a step towards the table, feeling a wave of relief wash over her as she realized she didn't have to fight anymore. 

 

She took a seat, picked up the cup of hot chocolate and took a sip. 

 

The warmth of the drink spread through her body as if she was being hugged, making her feel a little better.

 

"Thanks, stranger…" she said, as her head bobbed up and down. "This is… just what I needed."

 

"Of course," he replied, taking another sip of his own drink. "It’s not often I get my hands on something this interesting!..”

 

“Huh?” Gesus grumbled.

 

As the strange chocolate head man sets his cup down, Gesus falls unconscious in a deep slumber and falls out of the chair, like a timbering tree.

 

The man tilts his head to look over the table to make sure she is asleep. 

 

(Whistle~) He whistles several of his men over to take the body.

 

2nd Company Captain Mocha Macko and completed his task of subjugating Gesus Grist!

 

One of the officers of the 2nd Company steps up to report to Captain Macko, “Sir! Captain Kasper the 4th Company is here to see you.”

 

Macko shrugged his shoulders, (Sigh~) “About time, hopefully that brat is more cooperative than last time...” 

 

>>>

 

Moments later ‘Kasper the Kid’ showed up.

 

As the name implies, Kasper is still a kid, no older than 12.

 

He has light skin, and light blue hair in a bowl cut style, like some old christian monk but with the top of the head filled.

 

As for the rest of his body… it has been augmented with science and technology to make him a formidable foe.

 

His hands were that of giant jet black gauntlets his legs were similar although more subtle in proportions.

 

His heart had been ripped out and replaced with an energy core, when he was eight.

 

His left eye had been injected with optical nano tech, which caused it to go pitch black with an exception of a menacing orange glow at the age of ten.

 

The process of which, turned skin around his left eye socket was scared as if the optical eye was poisoning him.

 

His brain as well had been implanted with several devices as well.

 

His existence was unnerving to many; they assumed it to be a psychotic AI that was using the boy as a vessel… They would be half right…

 

Mocha Macko often had difficulties communicating with Kasper.

 

Kasper, like all kids, is stupid after all… but what made Kasper incompatible with Mocha Macko was their philosophy.

 

A muscle head, just like Capachino, they have no subtlety or elegance at all. 

 

Sure… Macko can respect their strength, but to him that is all they have.

 

“Ah… Kasper…” Mocha Macko replied, as he took a sip from his cup.

 

Kasper merely looked around, not caring for what Mocha had to say.

 

Mocha Macko’s eyebrow twitched at this behavior, but he decided to pull through.

 

“I’ve already captured one, you will capture Bottle, understood?”

 

Kasper turned to look at Mocha Macko, his gaze was daunting, as the left side of his face showed a brutality of science, while the right showed the innocence of a child.

 

Kasper’s voice was as expected of a kid, loud and somewhat high pitched, even if he were to speak softly.

 

“Fine...”

 

“Oh don’t worry! I saved the best one for you! It’s General J. Bottle.”

 

Kasper was unfazed when he heard that name.

 

Or rather he didn’t know the significance of the man behind that name.

 

Sure stories were told, he even saw the blazing blue flame which tore through the Omega Towers from Sector 4.

 

But he couldn’t care less, for his life had been brutal thus far.

 

Having lost his older sister… who saved him when he was eight… or rather she gave him the energy core that he uses to save his sick body.

 

And ever since that day, every day was consumed by rage and anger.

 

His body boiled, as if he had swam in molten lava.

 

The pain of which was further enhanced by the augmentations which seemed to always demand more.

 

Mocha Macko snapped his fingers, regaining the attention of Kasper, “Daydreaming are we?”

 

“Buzz off…”

 

“Humf, anyway just go a couple blocks over there,” Mocha Macko pointed in the general direction of Bottle’s apartment.

 

 Kasper without saying a word, he walked away, his robotic body giving each footstep a hefty sound against the dirt.

 

>>>

 

Bottle twisted and turned, his face wrinkled from what he was seeing in his dream.

 

Just as his body seemed to rise as if something was entering his body.

 

Then suddenly his eyes open and he wakes up.

 

(THUD!) And he falls down.

 

His breath was erratic as he frantically looked around the area, like a chicken who heard the cry of a wolf.

 

As he calms down, he notices the coat that was casted on him like a blanket.

 

The last thing he remembered was being ambushed and then blacking out by his old friend, Beer Beard. 

 

He looked around the room, but Gesus was nowhere to be seen. 

 

As he sat up, feeling a growing sense of unease he grabbed his face with his hand as if to comfort himself. 

 

It had been ages since he had… this kind of dream. 

 

To be honest he’s given up, the future he saw never came… it took him too long to figure that out… It cost him a lot too… 

 

He had ignored them… no matter how vivid or how realistic, but it wore him down…

 

To clarify, he would often have dreams of the future, but occasionally, some of his dreams would show more than just the future… it showed him the past… this was one such dream.

 

What made it even more shocking to Bottle was that this dream pertained to someone else…

 

The dream was about Gesus… her past… and her future…

 

He quickly dismissed the thought and got up, walking out the front door. 

 

The streets were a mess, several shurikens and kunai(s) were littered everywhere.

 

Ice formed in strange places, while burnt marks could be seen in others.

 

And in the distance he could see a kid walking toward him.

 

For a moment he thought it was Gesus, tension released from his body…

 

But as the kid drew closer his heart tightened and his gaze narrowed, as if an animal was about to fight for its life.

 

The kid stood at the ground floor looking up to the balcony where Bottle was standing, his voice matched that of his… more childish appearance albeit much more mature than Gesus.

 

“So… your Bottle, huh?”

 

(Clink!) (Hissss)

 

Bottle lit a cigarette as he pocketed his lighter.

 

Bottle looked down at him, as if it was a western showdown, his arm at the ready to reach for the holster, "Need somethin?" he asked.

 

Kasper could tell Bottle was ready, so he decided to keep the conversation short, as he too tensed up for battle.

 

"Ya, I need you to die," the kid said, his voice cracking, as he laughed, “HAHAha!”

With his left arm he took out his cigarette from his mouth, (Huff~) “So be it kid… let’s dance.

0