Chapter 23: The Bully and The Boy
10 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasper whispers, [JUMP!]

 

(BOOM!) (VROOM!)

 

Kasper went super sonic, Bottle couldn’t even react as Kasper spontaneously appeared mid air behind him.

 

[JUMP!] was a skill reserved that only a handful of people can use. It concentrates one's boosters or engines to a single millisecond, causing a small time distortion as if they would travel in another dimension of sorts.

 

The cost was extensive; it would not only eat away at the energy source’s life cycle but also prevent it from generating any significant source for a short while.

 

As such, although it was a very powerful tool, only a few would be capable of taking advantage of the opportunity, as you would basically appear behind your opponent with no power source.

 

But Kasper improved upon it, or rather found a small band aid to the question at hand.

 

His gauntlet’s size was not just for show, as it stores energy separate from his main body core, it basically stores excess energy generated from his core.

 

And with it, it could activate some boosters implanted in his hand.

 

“KNUCKLE BLASTER!!” (BOOM!) (VROOSH!!!!!!!)

 

His right gauntlet gave an intense roar, as an explosive force hulled the giant lump of titanium steel like a sledgehammer swinging horizontally.

 

Bottle was only able to turn about 90 degrees before the gauntlet hit.

 

A loud bell-like ring rang point blank into both of their ears, as Bottle flew across the balcony and crashed into the ground floor.

 

To many, it would’ve crushed their chest and all the intestines within it, splattering it across the pavement, as if someone threw an opened bucket of red paint.

 

But to Bottle, it was enough, the gauntlet hit, but it hit his nano-tech body armor.

 

Kasper was most surprised by this, his ear still ringing, the force of his punch would’ve been that of a bullet train, smashing an adult male.

 

Not only that, Bottle reacted, the entire [Jump] with [Knuckle Blaster] combo would’ve all taken place in about 1 second, maybe even less…

 

It was unfathomable for someone to predict that, especially during their first meeting.

 

His eyes widened in a strange mixture of surprise and hate.

 

As the ringing in his ear stopped he went over and peaked at Bottle.

 

Bottle raised his revolver and opened fire, the round was the red bullet, the napalm shot that he had loaded previously.

Kasper blocked with his gauntlets, as the explosion of the napalm engulfed him.

 

It was blinding as a flash bang, as hot fire oozed out as if oil that had been alight.

 

Kasper certainly was affected by it, his body was burning and his gauntlet was glowing red from the contact.

 

But Kasper endured, as he flung most of the fire away with just one swing of his gauntlet. 

 

Seeing Bottle reloading his gun, Kasper jumped down from the balcony, having no fear of whatever Bottle was planning.

 

Kasper’s nano-tech infused eye could relay a lot of information to him, one of which was threat assessment.

 

No implants, no sign of genetic augmentation, no communication devices… by all accounts Bottle was still human… perfectly normal.

 

Maybe another specialized bullet here or there, but Kasper faced worse, or so he thought.

 

Kasper smirked, “Heh, so you had some type of body armor huh?”

 

Bottle’s brown uniform on his chest was torn revealing a strange metallic armor that moved strangely as it was repairing itself.

 

Taking a chance, Bottle threw several metallic disk-like objects towards Kasper’s direction, Kasper’s eyes followed the disks but quickly returned.

 

 At the same time, Bottle fanned his revolver from his hip, blasting several shots.

 

Each bullet passed by Kasper, and hit the flying disk mid-air, they soon ricochet back like boomerangs.

 

Kasper himself was unamused, with one fling of his gauntlet he was able to block all of the bullets.

 

Each round was crushed and tossed onto the ground like some coin.

 

“Heh! Ricocheting bullets? Is that it?”

 

But as Kasper was nonchalantly enjoying the moment, (SLAM!) He was punched in the face.

 

Kasper flew back, his face being the only that of flesh; making it quite weak.

 

The moment of shock didn’t end there however, as he was quickly grabbed by his shirt which was similarly colored to match his black aesthetic.

 

“Wha-”

 

As he was pulled toward Bottle, Bottle pointed his revolver under Kasper’s chin and opened fired in one full motion.

 

(BANG!)

 

Blood splashed as if a dolphin jumped into a pool of crimson blood.

 

Kasper’s body dropped onto the floor like some doll as a gaping wound could be seen in the back of his head, revealing some metal tubes and organic matter alike.

 

Bottle didn’t stop there, after reloading he maliciously shot Kasper repeatedly in the head.

 

(BANG!) (BANG!) (BANG!)

 

Each shot felt like a mini clap of lighting as it echoed through the now quiet street.

 

Kasper layed on the ground, as Bottle slowly stepped away.

 

Each step, as clear as day, as calm as a droplet of water splashing and making waves.

 

>>>

 

The first time Kasper saw someone die was when he was around 6 years old.

 

He knew three other kids similar to his age, and they would play like any normal kids.

 

However, when they stopped coming to play with him he ventured out on his own ignoring his sister’s warnings.

 

There was a hideout they made in Sector 6 of Omega; the industrial district. 

 

It was a small room underneath one of the roaring factories, the room was abandoned and perfect for their misadventures.

 

They drew on the walls, played with small trinkets and toys they stocked up.

 

It was good enough to distract them, ever so slightly from the world beyond the shack.

 

When he arrived, he saw two of their bodies; they were as pale as bones, their eyes sunk into their skull as their sour and rotten smell raked his guts, forcing him to vomit.

 

As he ran out, he caught the sight of his third friend, who hanged himself from a pipe.

 

His corpse however was most horrific; it was half eaten.

 

Chunks of flesh were missing, as bugs and other critters would seem to emanate from him like some temple.

 

Kasper screamed as he ran out, begging for someone to save him.

 

Help did come, in the form of her older sister.

 

She yanked him out and dragged him back to their home. 

She was only a couple years older than he, but quickly assumed the responsibility of an adult.

 

Her hair was the same shade of light blue although slightly lowered on her right side of her head, looked pretty identical, enough to make you assume they were twins; but they were not.

 

He was thankful for her, she’s never raised a hand on him, and in return he’s never done anything too crazy… Or rather he couldn’t…

 

Kasper was fated to die, poisoned by contaminated salt, his heart would fail him soon and he needed medical attention.

 

When his sister sought medical treatment for Kasper they were turned away many times, as they lacked any sort of money.

 

He remembered her anger, it was as genuine as his… but more, as the passion and emotion far exceeded his.

 

Actually, in Kasper’s perspective he couldn’t understand her reason for trying to help him.

 

He knew he was a burden, like a thorn wedged deep into one’s joint.

 

He remembers what he said to her that day… when they left the 4th Hospital.

 

“FUCKING HELL! Can you believe that, Kasper!” Her voice boomed with an array of emotions.

 

It was quickly sniffed out by what Kasper said next, “It’s ok Sis… just leave me… Or better yet, sell my body parts after I die or something….”

 

The mood quickly swung like a pendulum, as if a roaring wave was turned as calm as a pond.

 

Kasper could feel his sister’s hand shake as she held onto his wheelchair.

 

He dared not look back, as she continued to walk while pushing the wheelchair from behind.

 

Her footstep matched that of a ticking clock, it was stressful, thankfully it was quickly broken by her light hearted speech.

 

“What? Did you hit your head too?”

 

“Listen Kasper, the war is going to end soon, heck have you seen some of the soldiers? Some of them have half of their bodies gone, but they’re still kicking!”

 

“We’ll get you that new heart or something just you wait Kasper.”

 

“Heck! We’ll chrome you the hell out!”

 

Although Kasper didn’t see her face as she was pushing his wheelchair he could’ve easily guessed that she had a big grin as she said it.

 

In contrast Kasper’s face was unfazed, in his heart he hoped for such change, but his desire was that of a dimming kindle.

 

He yearned for the fuel, but having burnt so much, all he could see or feel was the coming of the end.

 

Several months later, to his surprise, his sister did keep her promise. 

 

She hasn’t returned for several weeks, in return, a man came to their makeshift home.

 

He was a TeaCup Man, with a full black suit and silver tie.

 

TeaCup Man carried a large suitcase, as he lowered it onto the ground the floor creaked by the weight of it.

 

“Excuse me boy, are you Kasper?”

 

Kasper nodes his head in a sluggish manner. His form was that of a wraith, ghostly and pale.

 

TeaCup man adjusts his tie (Gulp) “There is a delivery for you sir, a client claiming to be your sister.”

 

The man opens the suitcase, smoke gushes out, as a gentle fluorescent light lights up the dim room.

 

There was an energy core, along with some cybernetic implants, that matched the of the black suit of the TeaCup Man.

 

Kasper’s eyes were wide in shock, his mind was memorized by the sight, in contrast with his heart, which tore itself in despair at the cost…

 

A tear slowly formed in the corner of his eye.

 

The man continued, “The client left you a message,” TeaCup man pulled out a small device.

 

It mimicked the voice of his sister, it was clear and as vibrant exactly as Kasper remembered.

 

(Click) “Put it on stupid! A-and… show it to me… some time… ya?” (Click)

 

As tears and snot ran down his face, Kasper wiped it with his arm, even going so far as to bite his lower lip.

 

“Um… Sir?”

 

(Ugk Uh..)

 

It was as Kasper was two individuals, his left arm reached for the energy core, as tears and snot dripped to the ground.

 

“Very well sir… we will begin immediately.”

 

Kasper’s palm was on the core, it glowed a gentle orange like that of a setting sun.

 

His tears were gone, in its place was a haunting gaze. 

 

A turning point he thought, a beginning of his new life… He was unfortunately correct.

0