Chapter 24: Spark Back
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kasper’s body which laid just out of Bottle’s apartment was a ghastly sight.

 

Blood dripped from his temple and formed a puddle.

 

Subtle amount of sparks jumped out from the circuitry that was visible.

 

He laid there for about ten minutes, or rather Bottle has left him there in search for Gesus about ten minutes.

 

Kasper could feel his body feel heavier than before.

 

He wasn’t worried at all, with his bionic eye, he could see several displays which showed his current status.  

 

“S-seems fine...” he snarks. “ACK!”

 

He jolted back suddenly as a hiss emanated from his head; his body began to preserve itself.

 

His comically sized gauntlets twitched as he withstood the pain of his open wounds being cauterized.

 

It had been ages since he had felt pain, as hardly any flesh remained on him, and yet here he was laying on the floor… defea-

 

“No,” Kasper whispered to himself.

 

As his wound was being sealed, he turned his head in search of Bottle.

 

However, no sign of Bottle remained.

 

As he got back up and dusted himself off, he proceeded to go into a strange stance.

 

His arms were pointed back as his body leaned forward, the holes within his gauntlets began to light up in a brighter shade of orange.

 

[VRRRRRRR] [BOOOMMMMMMMMm] It was that of a rocket being launched, it was an intense flash as an orange afterimage would zig zag throughout the streets.

 

It showed quite an impressive amount of technique.

 

It wasn’t a continuous stream of jet engines rather a perfectly timed chain explosion, each thunderous roar symbolizing a sharp turn and leg work.

 

All the while being able to see the blurred figures he passes by, thanks to his bionic eye.

 

It didn't take too long for Kasper to find the man he was looking for. 

 

After swinging around to gather some speed, he lunged at the opportunity, the gauntlets were that of a shark ravenously swimming for a bite.  

 

[CRASHHHhhH!] 

 

Kasper crashed into a nearby building, having missed Bottle.

 

Once again Kasper was irked by Bottle once again.

 

Kasper’s calculation was off, he missed Bottle by the skin of his shirt.

 

The damage that Bottle inflicted on his head wasn’t fatal per say, but it messed up some of his functions, one of which was his bionic eye.

 

Occasional static and fuzzy visuals cluttered Kasper’s right optical, “Tisk” 

 

Bottle, who hasn’t moved, watched the area where Kasper landed and huffed from his cigarette.

 

As smoke and dust rose from Bottle’s mouth and the building, Bottle started to ramble.

 

“Damn, I miss the days when I could kill with one bullet… But…”

 

“Shut it, ol’ man!”

 

Kasper slams both his gauntlets together creating a loud ring, as his palms pointed towards Bottle, Kasper screams, “[NOVA CANNON!]”

 

A singular straight beam of orange light shot out of Kasper’s gauntlets like a roaring star.

 

Bottle dodged the initial ray of light with ease, but the explosion it created behind him took him by surprise.

 

A blinding light engulfed the entire area, right before an intense force pushed everything away.

 

Bottle tumbled and slammed against the ground, as he slid across the concrete pavement.

 

He screamed in pain as the concrete raked against his skin like a cheese grater; blood and bruises now sprinkled throughout Bottle’s body.

 

The attack continued, Kasper jumped from his position to where Bottle was, doing a somersault kick.

 

[BOOM!] A thunderous cracked like that of a whip as Kasper’s heel dug into the ground, Bottle dodged by rolling on the ground.

 

Having rolled a few more times, Bottle began to get back up, having created some distance.

 

Hoping that Kasper’s leg, which was now implanted into the concrete like the roots of a tree, would stagger him; Bottle decided to take out another cigarette pack, to replace his lost one. 

 

It was a foolish gesture, as Bottle observed Kasper he could see several exhaust holes in Kasper’s leg begin to light up with a hot orange pigment.

 

Bottle’s eyes widened as he guessed what this could mean.

 

“[SECOND ASSAULT!]” Kasper yells, as a massive explosion launches the debris which once wedged his leg with a sweeping kick!

 

Fragments of concrete showered Bottle, like that of hot knives, causing numerous splinters and cuts.

 

Bottle tried his best to block his head with his arms, he was successful in that, although most of his body was now either covered in blood or bleeding.

 

(Huff) (Huff) “W-who the hell (Huff)… has boosters on the side of their legs..?” Bottle snorts.

 

“What? They’re cool!” Kasper rebukes, though seemingly satisfied with the damage that he had caused, although his internal thoughts told a different story, (Dam, missed again! Stupid Eye! Maybe I should replace my other eye too… yeah maybe…)

 

Beyond the childish demeanor, Kasper knew he wasted a considerable amount of energy just to get to this point.

 

His bionic eye, though hard to read, displayed a disturbing tale.

 

His energy that he had stored within his body was just hovering over fifty percent. 

 

The gauntlets which each stored excess energy that his core produced was now nearing depletion.

 

Most of his regular opponents would’ve died long before even a fraction of his fuel cells would be used, and yet here he was, facing against a seemingly unimpressive man.

 

Bottle could feel drips of blood running down from several wounds all over his body, as if strange rain was pouring that only he could feel.

 

It was warm, like any freshly spilled blood, and yet he must ignore it, lest he gets lost in his own thoughts.

 

Bottle stood back up, his body shaking as it did; he reached one hand behind him reaching for his belt.

 

Kasper surprisingly took caution to Bottle’s behavior. His confidence had slowly turned muddy and crooked thanks to Bottle’s… surprising resilience.

 

His overconfidence though still present was as if it was being grinded slowly, by this seemingly unnatural force of nature.

 

Kasper’s aim was a counter attack. With his speed he would most likely outmaneuver whatever Bottle threw at him with ease.

Even now as they were staring down each other Kasper rerouted energy to his gauntlets preparing them, as if clocking a revolver. 

 

Kasper threw a question at Bottle as he waited, it was an honest question or so he thought.

 

“How are you able to dodge my attacks? From what I see… you're still human no?”

 

“Hhm? What are you talking about kid?”

 

“You reacted to my combo attack when I first met you. It’s not humanly possible to react to one of my trump cards like that.”

 

“React? Heh… you got a sharp eye, kid.”

 

“But sometimes you just gotta accept that you were dealt a bad hand…” (Click!)

 

Bottle unpinned a canister and tossed it towards Kasper; it was a small white cylinder shape, which hissed white smoke.

 

“And unfortunately for both me and you… I know the dealer”

 

Kasper bionic eye shifted focus and analyzed the white smoke expecting it to be some unique device, but seeing that it was harmless his augmented eye quickly turned to thermal vision and he once again stared at Bottle all in the matter of a second or two.

 

Seeing that Bottle hadn’t moved, Kasper remained in smoke as he raised his right arm, preparing for a miniature [Nova Cannon]

 

“Bla Bla Bla, do you always talk with one liners?”

 

But just as he was going to shoot, a rock hit him in the face.

 

Kasper staggered but as soon as his mind shifted focus, Bottle was right there in front of him, running towards him.

 

Bottle went for a right hook, the elbow pit quickly latched onto Kasper’s throat, “Wha?!” Kasper muttered.

 

(SLAM!!!)

 

Bottle with his momentum slammed Kasper onto the floor as if there was a hit and run.

 

The first contact of which was Kasper’s rear skull which caused shock to flow throughout Kasper’s body.

 

Saliva and blood spat out from Kasper’s mouth.

 

As Bottle stood just next to him, Kasper scrambled his head for answers.

 

One solution, although very simplistic, came to mind.

 

Shoot Bottle from far away! It was an idea befitting of Kasper’s kiddush appearance.

 

As he laid back against the ground, with the energy he routed to his gauntlets he launched himself into the sky; clearing up all the white smoke, while also producing mini dust smokes.

 

The single launch gave him quite the height. For comparison he would be around the 70th floor of vermillion’s Omega tower. Possibly higher if he wasn’t lying on the ground with poor pose.

 

Kasper’s feet lit up revealing several more boosters in the bottom of his sole.

 

His bionic eye dimmed menacingly, as he raised his gauntlets to shoot at Bottle.

 

Kasper's thrusters whirred as he concentrated more energy into the palms of his gauntlets, the sight of which was even visible from below on the ground.

 

An orange light appeared in the sky as if a new sun had been born.

 

It was dimm and only visible due to the ashened clouds behind it, but to many it was a spectacle.

 

Bottle who stood casually was also watched, twirling his revolver in his hand. 

 

He popped open the chamber and slid in a special black bullet. 

 

(Tisk!) “This ain’t cheap ya know…”

 

This was the anti-matter bullet, the most powerful bullet in his arsenal.

 

He glanced up and saw Kasper hovering in the air, preparing for a special attack. 

 

Bottle took aim with his revolver, focusing his sights on the cybernetically enhanced boy the best he could.

 

With a steady hand, Bottle pulled the trigger and the anti-matter bullet shot out of the barrel. 

 

As is customary both sides spoke of the name of their attack,

 

[BLACK HUNGER!]

 

[HYPERNOVA ANNIHILATION CANNON!]

 

The anti-matter bullet streaked through the air, leaving a trail of black smoke in its wake.

 

While the Hypernova Annihilation Cannon seemingly burnt the air around it as it traveled, causing the air to sizzle causing a blur. 

 

Kasper himself had no clue as to what Bottle was cooking, nor did he even notice the bullet.

 

All he could think about was the massive explosion that was about to happen, which excited him the most.

 

But alas, he noticed a strange phenomenon occurring.

 

Light was vanishing and twisting as if it was being sucked into a black hole.

 

The sound was also uncomfortably silent, while just a moment ago he could hear his Hypernova Cannon roaring as if a dragon had been angered was now nonexistent.

 

The Black Hunger bullet opened up, revealing some strange dark energy swirling around itself, as if a snake was eating its own tail.

 

As the two cataclysmic powers clashed, a rather anticlimactic reaction took place.

 

True to its name Black Hunger consumed the energy beam that Kasper casted.

 

Strangely enough the way it absorbed the light was rather unsettling, it seemed to turn the white hot plasma black.

 

Several pillars of plasma were being bent into other directions due to the nature of the light bending properties of the Black hunger, but even they were snuffed out after being consumed by dark matter.

 

The main component of the Black Hunger went past all of this and straight towards Kasper, seemingly unphased by friction of any sorts.

 

This caught Kasper by surprise, he reached out with one hand hoping to block this strange amalgamation of science and technology. 

 

But the same thing occurred, his entire arm was eaten away by this bottomless void.

 

Kasper screamed, the pain of which was unlike any other he had faced until now.

 

But alas his scream wasn’t heard by anyone nor by him, as the Black Hunger took the air with it.

 

He could feel his other arm shake, and his energy core which was now his heart thump seemingly out of fear; which would be impossible as both of those were mechanized… and yet they did.

 

Kasper lowered his head, hissing of his boosters now returned as did all other senses.

 

A concoction of fear and anger fought each other within Kasper, and it didn’t take long before one ruled over the other.

 

Kasper… felt absolute anger.

0