Chapter 25: One Last Gambit (Volume 1 End)
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was another time when someone out bested Kasper in the ring of combat.

 

It was against Max. V. Vermillion himself.

 

 It was around one year ago, when Kasper witnessed absolute strength for his first time.

 

What brought awe to Kasper was how Vermillion conducted himself.

 

He would never block any of Kasper’s attacks, rather he letting every single one hit him.

 

Kasper saw as Vermillion’s seemingly unaugmented body would withstand most of his attacks.

 

When Kasper asked to Vermillion why doesn’t he block or dodge, Vermillion happily replied

 

“Heh, It’s simple! If I dodge or block that means I don’t want to be hit. Then why fight at all!”

 

This bewildered Kasper as if a cold breeze swept away all his other emotions, the logic was foolish and even absurd.

 

And yet he couldn’t resist admiring such a reason.

 

For a split second Kasper wondered if he could be the same.

 

Kasper has fought to survive and kill, but this man fights for a completely different reason. 

 

But those questions were quickly answered when Vermillion started to walk to Kasper for a punch.

 

Kasper held his ground trying to mimic Vermillion’s resolve, he thought that Vermillion couldn’t possibly harm him.

 

But as the steps came closer and the air got quieter, Kasper’s resolve began to crack.

 

His body cried out as if he was facing a man-eating lion. 

 

Thoughts ran through his mind, such as possible counter attacks, or a way to dodge.

 

 But just as Kasper was about to blast off, using his thrusters, Vermillion grabbed him shoulder. (?!)

 

[SLAM!!] [BOOM!] [CRASH!] [CRASH!] [CRASH!] [CRASH!]

 

A single punch to Kasper’s jaw sent him flying through multiple buildings, it was as if a lighting bolt slammed against his face.

 

As Kasper layed on the ground unable to stand, Vermillion came walking towards him again.

 

But rather than continuing the fight, Vermillion offered Kasper a different path.

 

To become a part of his entourage as a Military Police Department Captain.  

 

Kasper could respect that, he could accept that he has lost to a respectable man.

 

But this man… This General J. Bottle guy…

 

There was nothing respectable about this guy at all.

Kasper raised his left arm which wasn’t eaten away, raising it as high as possible, an energy ball started to form.

 

The ventilation located in Kasper’s legs began to cry like a cicada as Kasper’s orange glow slowly turned red.

 

[Cough!] [Cough!] [Tisk!] “J-Just a little… more...”

 

Kasper has done many augmentations thus far, each taking a chunk of his flesh.

 

Often he would replace his body with stronger parts, but not his core.

 

The core that was gifted to him from his sister was the only thing left of her.

 

It was white and blue once… but as his excessive use eroded its fuel cells and electromagnetic conductor, the color faded like that of a star.

 

In a way, his path never did change, fated to die young; but this time… alone….

 

Kasper crushed the red orb he created, absorbing the energy.

 

Once again, at the cost of his gift of life, he would spend it just for seconds of power.

 

Kasper shot down like a jet, in a one continuous screeching howl, landed in front of Bottle. 

 

In a flash, he threw a powerful punch at Bottle's chest, the impact of which sent him flying back several blocks, as his revolver slipped out of his hand and clattered on the ground. 

 

Kasper continued to blast off, catching up to Bottle before he could even land. [VROOOOOM!]

 

When Kasper caught up, a fury of punches slammed against Bottle’s chest, each hit rang loudly as a bell.

 

“[FULL AUTO!] DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!!” [BOOM!] [BOOM!] [BOOM!] [BOOM!] [BOOM!]

 

To kill Bottle would bring no joy to Kasper’s raging anger.

 

As such Kasper purposely targeted Bottle’s nano-tech body armor, hoping to inflict as much damage as possible before ultimately killing him.

 

As Bottle crashed through the poorly constructed buildings, Kasper delivered a powerful somersault kick ending the barrage of punches.

 

“[REDIRECT] KICK!” [CRASH!!!] [BOOM!]

 

Bottle coughed up blood as he laid on the ground. His nano-tech body armor, although present, had chunks of it ripped off making it thinner and weaker.

 

Thunder began to roar in the sky as the energy Kasper produced while in the air disrupted the water molecules in the dark ashened clouds.

 

[Drip…] [Drip…] [Drip…] [SHEEEHHH]

 

Rain began to pour in Omega, but compared to the usual rain due to the rancid and acidic nature of the polluted sky, this rain in particular was different.

 

The rain was clear, and didn’t hiss as it touched the ground or buildings.

 

It drenched both of them, washing away the blood, but at the same time making the dust and dirt into mud thus making them more dirty as well.

 

As Kasper took a good long look at Bottle he began to feel a bit disappointed.

 

But his goal was clear, his rage absolute.

 

Kasper raised his left palm and pointed it towards Bottle.

 

“Well? Got any more of those one liners? Bottle man?”

 

Bottle didn’t move, but Kasper could see his mouth move, barely above a whisper, “I… win…”

 

“Heh! You wish!”

 

Just as Kasper was charging up his arm for a shot, his core gave out.

 

The red glow disappeared from his bionic eye and thrusters, it was as if it was snuffed out like a torch.

 

His right eye which was still organic shook in fear just before it lost its shine as well.

 

A loud and hefty thud could be heard as Kasper fell onto the ground. 

 

His once buzzing thrusters were now silent and still.

 

[Drip…] [Drip…] [Drip…]

 

Bottle laid for several more minutes, he unhooked his body armor causing a loud clunk, and found a stick to help him get up.

 

As he limped past Kasper to retrieve his revolver, he could hear two individuals running towards his direction.

 

[STEP] [STEP] [STEP]

 

They were two females, one had short fuzzy green, while the other one had a tilted light blue bowl cut.

 

“KASPER!” She yelled, as she ran past Bottle.

 

The one with green hair stopped to watch as Bottle limped away, before joining the blue haired girl.

 

[THUD!]

 

When Bottle was out of sight, he collapsed onto the floor.

 

(Cough!) (Cough!) “Sh.. it…”

 

As a puddle of blood and mud surrounded him, his grip of his revolver loosened as he fell unconscious.

 

>>>

 

Volume 1 End

 

Author’s Note: Going to take a break, I will be rereading the entirety of volume one and fix some spelling/grammar errors.

0