19th Log – Welcome to The Cavern
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Roman was driving his sled made out of rock like a crazy driver. They were moving faster with each passing moment. They were climbing hills briskly and descending rapidly from there.

 

Zoe wondered what the limit for this card might be, but didn't want to ask Roman. She thought that the lowest-level card in this bigwig's deck must be at least epic. Yet, she was really impressed by the fact that the road, which took a long time to walk, ended quickly thanks to this card.

 

No one spoke along the way. Brad and Zoe were more focused on staying in balance. Even if they wanted to talk, they didn't have the opportunity to do so. Roman's eyes were only on the road. He seemed to enjoy using this sled.

 

They reached their destination in a very short time. The entrance to the Dungeon was standing in front of them. Roman slid his sled hard to a stop. This time Zoe had time to study this entry better. An intense blue light emanated from this cave-like entrance. The entrance of the cave, which looked inviting, resembled a crevice. Zoe felt drawn to the Dungeon's charm again.

 

“So what are we doing now?” asked Zoe curiously. Staring at Roman, she continued. “Brad doesn't have a CyberDeck and he won't be able to come with us. But I want to make sure he gets out of here too.”

 

Looking exasperated, Roman swung his cloak as he walked. “Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. You keep on asking for things instead of praying that I didn't kill your friends." Roman kept walking as he grumbled, then bent down. He placed both hands on the ground and focused. He was activating his card for bending stones.

 

A stone stairway formed in front of Roman when he raised his hands in the air. The spiraling stairway had a brute appearance but stood firm. Roman had now stood up and raised his arms as much as he could. Zoe and Brad could no longer even see how far the ladder led.

 

Continuing to cast his spell for a while longer, Roman looked a little tired. He finally let his arms go loose and stopped casting spells. "Alright. This job was done too.” He turned to Brad, “When the barrier is broken, in other words, once Zoe has cleared the dungeon, you can go out with this ladder.” He guessed what Brad was going to say, who looked like he was going to ask something, and continued. “When the barrier is broken, you will all know it happened. Don't worry." So Brad gave up on his question.

 

The blue-haired SorCyber came over to Roman. She studied the stairs, impressed. “What is the usage limit of this card of yours? It's really remarkable.”

 

“Let me give you some advice. Don't tell anyone about the usage limits of your cards. Nobody.” Roman's demeanor was cold, his answer clear. “If you don't have any other wish, I say let's get into this dungeon now,” he continued sarcastically.

 

“Actually, I was going to ask for one more thing.”

 

“Ugh, enough is enough! I will be your boss. Not your servant. Are you kidding me?" said Roman in a bitter tone. He had no habit of doing good deeds for others. Especially for the commoners. He saw this as working for people below him and it disgusted him.

 

"Please! This is the last one. I promise. Look at Brad's arm. Is there anything you can do about it? If you hadn't destroyed the city, Flo would have taken care of this immediately. So this is partly your fault,” said Zoe, imploringly, but not shying away from taking a dig at Roman.

 

Roman was going to refuse vehemently at first, but when he saw Zoe's pleading eyes, he said, "Ugh! OK, but this is the end. You have no more wishes left. By the way, I won't be helping you inside." He turned to Brad.

 

"Thank you!" said Zoe in a hearty voice. Indeed, she was glad that Brad's arm was going to heal. Because she blamed herself a little for him losing his arm.

 

Roman walked over to Brad, who was standing next to the stairs. He put his hands on top of each other. He placed his hands on Brad's shoulder, which now lacked an arm. He started to slowly descend from the shoulder area and activated his card. Where his hands passed, bone, muscle, flesh, and skin were forming respectively, gradually turning into an arm.

 

By the time he finished the spell, Brad had a brand new organic arm. He shook his hand and swung his arm. He looked very surprised and delighted. “WTF! I didn't even know such a spell existed. You made me a brand new arm! Thank you very much."

 

Gesturing with his hand that there was no need to thank him, Roman started walking towards the entrance of the dungeon. "You're putting my precious spells on cooldown for the commoners." Continuing to gruntle at every step, the man had almost reached the entrance of the cave, which was emitting blue lights. “Say your goodbyes. We have a lot of work to do!” he stated showing that his patience was running out.

 

Zoe and Brad hugged right away so as not to anger Roman, who was now starting to get grumpy. Although they spent a very short time together, they had gone through a lot of hardships. Brad and Dan saved Zoe and they carried her to Araf. They danced together when she defeated Lucy. Finally, the loss of Dan. She hugged even tighter and promised, “We will definitely meet above. If you have nowhere to go, go to Rust Town in Badland and mention Lucy. I will come there when I have the opportunity.”

 

Brad reciprocated Zoe's tight hug. With the help of his new arm, he embraced Zoe. Brad's eyes filled with tears, he couldn't say anything. It was as if he would have cried out if he had said the slightest word. “Good luck, Zoe,” he finally managed to force himself to say in a tearful voice. Then they broke the hug. Zoe turned and waved to Brad as she hurried toward Roman.

 

Zoe, who had come to Roman's side, was now almost at the entrance of her cave. The Dungeon's magical attraction was more effective when it was this close. Zoe could feel herself being drawn in. She involuntarily began to take steps. This blue light was tempting her. “Well? When are we getting in?" she asked Roman.

 

Roman smiled as if he was expecting this question. “After you,” he said as he pointed to the cave with his hand. From Zoe's demeanor, he knew that she was drawn to the Dungeon.

 

With the eagerly awaited confirmation, Zoe stepped into the cave. She disappeared into the blue light. Roman followed after her. For a while, they continued to walk in the blue enticing light. Nothing could be seen around except for this light. Then all of a sudden this light turned into a vortex and disappeared right before their eyes. They were inside the Dungeon now.

 

Surprised, Zoe realized that they were indeed inside a cave. The first thing she noticed was the heavy musty smell in the air. Torches placed in rows on either side of the cave were the only source of light inside. The sound of dripping water echoed through the cave, and no other sound could be heard. The walls and ceilings were jagged, with stalactites and stalagmites in some areas creating a natural look. When she examined the ground, nothing caught her eye apart from moss.

 

Zoe was a little disappointed. When she thought she was going to enter the dungeon, she had imagined that it would teleport her to a magical, or at least a cool, place. This place was not much different from the Abyss outside. Continuing to walk and survey the area, Zoe noticed a sign that had been hammered into the ground before her. The sign read:

 

“Welcome to The Cavern

 

You have to beat the Cave Lurker to advance to the next floor.”

 

After shaking his head, Roman, who stood next to Zoe, spoke up. “How convenient. An underground-themed dungeon entered from the Abyss. I was hoping something more interesting would happen.”

 

“I was just thinking the same thing,” said Zoe. Even though it was a little awkward and uncomfortable to share the same opinion with Roman, she continued to speak. With her hand, she pointed to the tunnel she had just noticed that split in two, "Which way do we have to go now?"

 

“This is up to you,” Roman shrugged. “I told you I wouldn't be helping you inside. It will also be good to see your talents. Things can change if I think you won't be beneficial to me…” There was a heavy contempt in his voice and a hint of menacing.

 

Zoe went on, not paying much attention to what Roman said. “Then let's go right first. But can I go back and clean the other side? I don't want to leave loot behind. That would be disrespectful to anyone who died in the Abyss."

 

Roman reluctantly replied to his new ally, Zoe. He didn't want to waste the loot either. Everything in the dungeon belonged to his family, even though his aunt rejected it. He said, "You can go back and clean it, of course, but you need to do it before entering the room where the Cave Lurker is. You know that every death improves the loot. That includes the ones inside the dungeon."

 

"Okay, then let's go right!" Zoe rushed forward eagerly. Since the lights in the cave were not enough, she was examining her surroundings with the light from her eyes. She didn't want to miss anything.

 

“Hey,” Zoe said again, continuing to walk curiously. “How exactly do dungeons work? What's inside? I want to know exactly what I should expect.”

 

“I'll say "whatever comes to mind", but you lost your memory. I'm only going to tell you this because you lost your memory. Don't think of me as your tour guide or friend. When we get out of here, we will have a superior-subordinate relationship.” Roman's voice showed that he was considering whether he had made the right decision by taking Zoe with him. Zoe nodded and he sighed as he continued speaking.

 

“Dungeons generally have small groups of mobs, traps, treasures, secret rooms, puzzles, and bosses. Depending on the level of the card, the number of floors and difficulty of the dungeon change. The forming card of this Dungeon was a Rare level. So I expect it to have three floors. But you have to keep your eyes open to avoid traps and find secret rooms.”

 

The corridor they were walking in was getting narrower and narrower. Zoe was walking slowly, paying attention to what Roman had said, being careful not to trigger a trap. Thinking about these traps reminded her of her own trap card. Just in case, she had activated her trap card. It had been more than an hour since she had used the spell. She didn't want to be injured by an unexpected attack.

 

The corridor began to widen again. It even expanded more than Zoe had anticipated. Before she stood a great clearing. In this place, which was lit only by the flames of torches, bats were flying, and on the ground, short humanoid but green creatures were running around. These green pointy-nosed and pointed-eared gargoyles had all kinds of weapons in their hands.

 

Roman came to a stop behind Zoe. “Bats and goblins… How boring.” He sat down, making a stretching motion that showed he was disinterested. “Although it's pretty good for a beginner. I'll stay here. You'll get it over with quickly."

 

Zoe took a step forward and pulled from her back the sword Flo had given her. She didn't want to waste the duration of her katana right away at the beginning of the Dungeon. Sword in hand, she headed toward the clearing.

 

Noticing her, the goblins cast a frightened glance with a glint in their red eyes. The bats dived at Zoe when they saw her. They didn't seem friendly at all.

 

Zoe rushed forward, clutching her sword with both hands. "Let's get started!"

 

0