Chapter 4.5 – Demon Knight
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wonder when this Pardi person is going to arrive? Nedoma attempted to reattach the letter back to the wall, only to watch it quickly fall down and glide along the floor. Abandoning his attempt to hang it back up, he places it on top of the large desk before searching for the book the letter had mentioned. Beginner Basics must be the 'Viverta' of this guild. The shelf was overflowing with what appeared to be small replicas of the book. If one had ignored the size difference, it would still be easy to discern which of them was the original. The others were all worn or covered in stains, the colors of some of these stains certainly suspect. Nedoma picked out the largest version and sat down on the nearest desk and began to read the introductory page.

“This book serves as a guide for all newcomer Demon Knights within the Luton guild. By the time you have finished your lessons and training, you will have your own version of this book written which you can reference during your travels to further your growth. If you so like, you can leave your book here at the guild where it would be used to instruct the next generation of Demon Knights. If this book finds itself back at the guild along with all your other personal belongings, then it will continue your legacy and instruct future beginners.”

“They don't really water things down do they..” Nedoma mutters as he shuts the book. He sighs before standing up. As he looks for something less demoralizing to grab his attention, he notices a handle sticking out of the wall near him. After some resistance, a door is revealed to have been connected to the handle – painted over to appear almost indistinguishable from the rest of the wall. Nedoma takes a moment to appreciate the trick before he walks through the door, discovering for himself what appeared to be the third floor of the guild.

This room took a similar approach to the entrance of the guild. It was nearly barren; plain rock made up the majority of what there was to look at. Yet what was also present was exactly what Nedoma had been looking for. In the corner of the room stood a single suit of metal armor on display. Nearby were racks full of similar looking shields, helmets, and leather armor. Sets of swords and maces were lined up waiting to be chosen. Nedoma grabbed one of the swords and compared it to his own, and was surprised at how similar they were- the only difference being that his sword was slightly shorter. Nedoma put the sword back down and picked up a mace. The slight sound of it swishing through the air could be heard as he waved it around. After finishing playing around, his head rocks side to side in thought before finally coming to a conclusion and putting it back down with the others and keeping his sword.

Nedoma's gaze continued to be pulled toward the metal armor. He glanced nervously at the staircase leading upstairs for a brief moment, before affirming himself in his decision.

...Thirty minutes later, having been unable to figure out how to put the metal suit on by himself, Nedoma solemnly heads back upstairs. His new appearance consisting of a full body set of leather armor topped with a copper helmet, while picking up a kite shield and a sheath for his sword. He sits back down to begin reading again when he hears what sounds like a soft growl. Well, it has been almost two days. As he gets up to go hunt for a meal, Nedoma stops for a moment before pulling out his equipment voucher he received earlier that morning and leaving it on the desk.

0