CH 2 : Few loose screws
294 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[So, Miss Anabelle...care to share with me why and what is happening?]

As we continue to walk through this dense forest for a few hours, no words were exchanged among us. I thought our so called princess here would know where she's leading us, but that hypothesis is slowly turning into nothing but that, A HYPOTHESIS.

Also, I was curious to know why was she running away from her home and why in the hell she called me here? She called it successful magic or something along those lines.

Though I spoke out my queries, no response came from forward. Then after a few minutes, she halts and orders me to gather some dry wood. Unable to deny the request of a fair maiden, I search around for the requested item as the demanding princess starts clearing the leaves on the ground and pulls out a worn out grey carpet from her pocket.

How did that thing even fit in there? was it in her ass? probably not. But it was a magical world, so things like magical butthole could not be far from reality.

But asking her to show me her butt for research would for sure land me in jail, so I keep the mysterious question to myself and decide to just quietly gather the sticks.

Few moments pass and I bring her a dozen or so dry sticks, I know she wants to start a fire with them, but I had no knowledge of that stuff. I only consumed those survival shows and didn't actually learn anything from them, thus here I stand like a dummy, staring at her with sticks in my hand.

For the first time in hours, the princess now opens her mouth

[hmm, it seems like the one I summoned is a big dumbo who doesn't even know how to start a simple fire]

Though she was a bit shorter than me, her tone and manners were a thousand times more grandeur than me. Was it normal for people here to speak so rudely to others? or was this just a rich lady speaking down to a commoner like me? I didn't know the answer but one thing I knew for sure was not to take a verbal beating laying down.

I threw the sticks on the ground, crossing my arms I locked my eyes with hers.

[Sorry mam, but where I come from our brains are not so primal. We don't just things like a stick for fire, we just think FIRE and it manifests itself in front. I was trying that here but it seems like my world rules don't apply here]

A dumb answer, but so was this world where magic somehow exists. If there's a world with magic then surely there's a world with the power of thinking.

The key was to just sound confident in my lies.

[You lying sack of shit]

and just like that, my confidence shattered

[Sorry mam]

[hmph! I despise liars, so don't pull a stunt like that in front of me ever again] her tone was genuinely angry, her face morphing into an expression as if she had just seen the most disgusting thing in the entire world.

This princess hates liars.

That much got etched into my heart.

She crouches and gathers the stick in a tent format and throws some leaves in between.

*snap*

then with a click of her finger, a blue hot fire suddenly appears in between the stick tent, causing the sticks to burn. She motions her hand near her, beckoning me to sit alongside her on the carpet.

As I sit next to her, the awkward environment that was created earlier continues to persist.

I was stubborn, a being who thrives in awkwardness, so not a word left my sealed mouth.

But my opponent didn't seem that type

[Im sorry for yelling earlier, I know you must be very stressed out by being suddenly thrown into this unknown situation]

Well, I wouldn't call that yelling.

[I know I said I don't like liars, but I have given no reason for you to trust me, so it should have been expected. I'm again sorry for overlooking that simple fact]

Nope, I just lied out of pettiness, though of course, I would not admit to such.

[Well princess, to start off, when not tell me why are we running away and why am I here? right?]

The princess takes a deep breath, buries her head in her thighs she begins to speak

...

...

...

uhuh...

mhmm...

ohoo..

well...aren't I fucked...

According to the princess, this is the world of the atelier. There are four continents in this world, one where humans live, one with a population of demi-humans, another inhabited by dragons, and the final one is the territory of the demon king.

Though all four continents don't interfere with each other, the conflict arose in the continent of humans.

There are two main powers in the human continent, the Rosemary kingdom, and the church's state.

Anabelle being the first princess was destined to marry the future pope, this alliance would unite the human race against the upcoming alegged invasion of the demon race.

Anabelle who had her entire life written and decided by others, thought of rebelling. Having the power to back up her first very own thoughts and desires, she did just that and rebelled by running away from the marriage alliance. Her plan being to escape to the demi-human continent and enjoy her time there for the rest of her life.

To help her in this journey, she needed someone to accompany her. The one she decided on was her personal maid whom she trusted the most, and with her hand in her own, both of them ran away from the kingdom.

But contrary to her belief, the maid was also just another thing planned for her by the kingdom. The maid had cast a spell, which allowed the kingdom's soldiers to easily track the princess. 

Why was the princess even allowed to escape if they knew her wishes from the start? 

They just wanted to entertain her delusions for a bit, and when she had slight hope of escaping, crush it. This was their plan to make sure that the princess would not entertain such thoughts ever again.

But their calculations didn't take one thing into account. 

Princess Anabelle was shrewd

She who had few screws loose in her head, brought up a knife and stabbed it in the maid's heart. 

With that the tracking spell was over and she forcibly summoned a random soul from another world to take over the now dead body.

and thus here we are. 

With slight sound of sobbing coming from beside me as I look up at the tree covered sky.

[I-I don't know what I was thinking when summoning you *sob* *sob* I just, j-just acted...]

She acted and killed me in my original world to bring me here against my will.

Was I mad? naturally

Did I feel sad for her? not in the slightest

Was her crying making me more irritated by the second? of course.

Did I want to beat her up? yes

Did I want her to suffer? yes

Did I do any of those things? obviously not.

Did my newfound love fade away after finding out the truth? surprisingly not.

Thus I didn't want to get angry or scare her.

Did I also had a few screws loose in my head?

Likely.

 

 

9