CH 3 : Color of love is red
233 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As both of our shoulders make some innocent contact, I look up at the now night sky, pondering what am I going to do from now on.

Being confidently unfamiliar with this world meant I couldn't just wonder off alone and go on my own journey, the most sensible things was to just keep following the princess and become accustomed to this place.

As for the guards we or more specifically she manage to shake of earlier are likely still looking for her.

[So Princess, what plans do you have to escape the chasers?]

[It's just Anabelle, am not a "Princess" anymore] she says in her regular cold tone, it seems like her emotions have settled down.

[So Anabelle, got any ear pleasing answer to my query?]

[Well... about that, previous Rosa had a boat ready for us near the jenkin rivers which leads to the ocean, thus securing our way to beastland but now...]

[yeah, that boat is probably a trap huh]

[mhm, so now let me think what our next course of actions should be]

Maybe I should think a little too, this whole mess does involve me too now.

As I begin to ponder a idea comes to mind

[Say, since this is a magical world capable to bringing someone like me over here, then there must also be magic that can change or alter faces, right?]

[mmm, I see where you are coming from, it would allow us to travel rather easily]

[yes yes exactly, so is it possible?]

[I mean it's not impossible, defiantly very much possible, infact I do know someone who can use such magic...but...]

[but?]

[It costs a lot of money and-]

[You don't have any]

Her head bows down on my revelation, well this was stupid

[So let me get this straight, you are running away from home, you have some sort of magic bag that can hold a stuff but you didn't bring any money]

[Previous Rosa]

oh

I see. So previous body was responsible for money, so does that mean I also have that magic bag thingy?

[How do I open this magic bag of mine?]

[Only novelty can use magic and magical items like that, commoners are not able to wield or use magic]

uhuh...with those words I sense an uprise in the near future.

So since I'm in a commoner body, I don't have any of that magic stuff she does...well that's troubling.

And since commoners can't even use magic items, we can't also simply sell the ones she brought.

[If commoners can't use magic then is this person a, you know]

[Yes, he's a fallen noble who now lives a quiet life as a teacher for a village nearby] 

hmm, interesting, but again where does the money come from?

Now I do know of a way to get this money but...

meh, might as well try it.

[Miss Anabelle, why don't we pay this face changer of yours a visit]

With slight surprise she stared at my hand reaching out to her and with a jolt I propped her up

Signaling her to lead the way

...

...

...

The sight of a village becomes clear as we reach the edge of the forest, I see wanted posters of the two of us plastered all over the place.

Casually walking into the village will probably lead to trouble even if it's still night over here.

Princess points to the destination hut and pulls out another black robe from her pocket. I carefully put it on and silently lead her towards the hut.

She had told me everything she had known about this person on the way here, Since this person doesn't have dogs or any sort of animals, we swiftly jumped over to their backyard. 

The back door was firmly shut, the princess quietly snaps her finger and a small flame starts lingering on the tip of her finger. She brings the flame closer to the top of the door and increases the temperature of the flame, it now turning blue from red. 

The flame makes its way through the small seam and melts the handle keeping the door closed.

A few seconds pass and the door wides open. She peeks inside and sees the area is clear beckoning me to follow.

As we go upstairs, two rooms come into sight, one clearly belonging to a child.

I open the door to the room and see a 10-11 year old child sleeping soundly on the bed, according to Anabelle that's the person's adopted daughter.

With a simple hand gesture, I tell Anabelle to stay by the door as I enter the room.

Picking up the soft cushy pillow beside her, I press it hard against the sleeping girl

[MMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! GGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!]

The pillow covering her face makes me unable to see her agonizing face making the whole process much easier.

As the muffled noise of the girl start to die out, I release the pillow and now finally see her haggard face.

Her eyes rolled up and her mouth twitching, I use my left hand to raise her head a bit and slam my right hand in a chop on the back of her neck.

Some silent tears trickle down her eyes and the girl goes unconscious. 

Good.

Quickly, I pick the girl up and hurry Anabelle to open the target's door.

Though an expression of shock riddled her face, she still followed and swiftly moved to burn another lock down.

With a loud bang, I kicked the door, making sure the sleeping person inside woke wide open.

As the guy inside jolts from his bed startled, he sees his daughter unconscious in my arms. Before his shock and loud voice cause any trouble, Anabelle quickly rushes to gag his mouth and hold him down.

[GHAAA!! HEYMMMMMMMMM!!!! WHAGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!]

Before he could struggle any further, I took out the blade that was earlier struck to my heart and pointed it toward the girl's heart, making sure the guy could see everything super clearly.

[Make any more noise and you know..]

I warn him as I steep the blade just a bit, piercing the girl's belly. With fresh blood now seeping from the blade, I show him the proof of my seriousness.

His eyes wide open, becoming bloodshot with tears streaming down. Though clearly angry, he didn't make any noise anymore.

Though he probably recognized us from the posters, he still didn't utter a word out of the fear of her daughter's life hanging under my control.

[What we want is simple, use the magic you have left behind on us and change our faces]

[...]

[Do as we say, and both of your lives will be spared]

though that's obviously a lie, we can't afford to leave any witness to our new faces behind.

[You have 10 seconds to decide]

As I start to count down, I show him the blade sinking further into his daughter's chest.

[MMMMM!!!!!!!! HNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!]

[5]

[GHHUUUUUU!!!! MM!! MM!! MM!! Mm!! MM!! MM!! MM!!]

Before I could reach 3, he violently started shaking his head up and down, signaling his agreement

[Well, wasn't that simple. Now be a gentleman and do your job]

I look over to Anabelle, still holding him down.

Though she's trying to hide it, I notice a slight blush forming on her cheeks.

and thus I find myself falling deeper and deeper into this feeling of love

6