Chapter 2: Satan?
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning they walk out to where Kin is and see, she has a tiny pair of white wings on her back. When Zolty sees this, he jumps. Sapphire, however, just stared at them, confused. After a while. Zolty quietly asked Sapphire "Do you know what those are? and how they got there?"

She whispers in response as not to wake Kin up, "Wings..?"

"I guess. But whaat? Why are they there?"

"I don't know but keep it down she's asleep." whispers Sapphire.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Let's just start breakfast. We have to leave soon for classes anyway."

"Well, we can't leave her alone all day, what if I take the day off to watch her? You can take notes for me."

"You know I'm already bad at that myself."

"Well then, you want to stay and watch over a little girl?"

"True... Fine..." Sapphire walks over to Kin

"Hey Kin honey It's time to wake up for breakfast." Kin slowly blinks waking up then yawns like a kitten. When she stands the two holes in her arm are gone and her tattoo is fully shown. It's all black but looks like it was done by Michelangelo, it looks like demons fighting but a girl surrounded by light in the middle, a glowing sand timer with all the sand on the bottom, A stone tablet, and some clouds and fires. The piece is beautiful. She stretches her wings fading as she does so.

"I'm sorry for sleeping in do you wish me to cook?"

"No, don't worry. I'll be staying here with you today. Zolty will cook for us right now. Don't worry, he's a good cook."

"You bet I am!"

"You don't look it."

"People say I don't look like I should for a lot of things I do."

Kin nods and smiles, she looks at her arm. "It happened again."

"What happened?" Sapphire asked calmly.

"I don't know. It just doesn't like it."

"Just get straight to the point, no more beating round' the bush," Zolty said, seeming a bit frustrated.

"I don't know alright! I never know enough."

"Well, it's ready. Saph, come here and get it." He puts a plate beside him with French toast on it, then, another. Sapphire walks over and grabs one plate, bringing it to Kin while smiling. Then, walks back for her own while Kin looks at her plate.

"What is this?"

"What? Never had French toast before? It's great, try it!" she pokes at it with her fork, she takes a bit on the end and tries it. She smiles and licks her lips. Proceeding to eat it all.

"That is very sweet thank you. Mommy used to make something like that for me but it was a circle."

"Like a pancake? Or a waffle?"

"I guess so..."

"Well, I oughta be headin' to class soon, don't get into any trouble while I'm gone." He grabs his bags and leaves waving at Sapphire.

"You're smart right?"

"Sometimes, why?"

"If my daddy's not my real daddy what does that make him?"

"Uh, I guess you're just a roommate."

"Okay because Mommy and Michael keep saying that Aba's not my dad."

"Who are they? Your parents?"

"Mommy is. Michael is my mommy's friend, he's the one who brought me here."

"Well do you want to go back? I can take you if you know where they are."

"Umm Michael is at the... doors of eternity, and mommy is gone."

"Oh, I'm sorry about asking."

"Well, I do see Michael sometimes. He just doesn't come around often, he says Aba's not good." In a mock man voice, she says "Abaddon's not your father, he is an evil man and you should not be near him, neither should I."

"Well, if you want we can help you. You can stay with us. We'll keep you safe."

"Thank you, if you see Michael can you tell him I say hi?"

"Yeah, sure."

Meanwhile, Zolty was writing literally everything the teacher said down. Boy was it hard.

"Mr. Meazzy! What is the answer to question 7?"

"Huh? Uh.... 4."

"Mr. Meazzy were you paying attention?"

Zolty read through his notes, he wasn't paying attention, sure. But he had it written down. It said, "what is the theory that presented itself during the clock flight test?"

"It's... Uh... E=cm2?" the class laughs.

"Mr. Meazzy you are a special one. The answer is E=Mc2."

"Oh, uh. Sorry. Mr. Sweeney"

"Well, detention for you today. Unless you have anything better to be doing?"

"Well... I mean... I am... Babysitting someone..."

"Well, who is this 'someone'? do tell."

"Kin. Can I just do it some other time?"

"You have twenty minutes to have ms. Kin presents herself or else you will get detention for the next year."

"How am I supposed to get her that fast?"

"That's your problem, not mine."

"Fine. I'll be back." Zolty sprints out of the class as fast as he can. Making it back to their house in 5. "Kin! I need Kin here!"

"I'm coming," Kin says as she limps out of the room. "What?"

"Come with me. Please. Or... I will... Get detention... For a long time..." Zolty says while panting. Kin smiles then frowns pointing at her leg. "Just try! I only have... 14 minutes."

"Fine." she removes the bandage and tightens it like she did before. The leg glows and her eyes look distant. Then her leg is healed. "Thanks, father."

Zolty looks at her. Then shakes his head. "Whatever, just come on." she follows Zolty back to homeroom where the end of the lecture is happening, 13.5 seconds to spare.

"Ah, mr. Meazzy and who is this?" says Mr. Sweeny.

"This... Is... Kin..." Zolty says, panting.

"Hello!" Mr. Sweeny stares in awe at the girl.

"You... Exist?"

"Well... Duh..."Kin waves at the man.

"Can I sit down? My leg feels weird."

"Yes my dear come sit," he says as he opens his seat to the girl. Kin sits down and hums bobbing her head carelessly.

"Well it's better than having my leg torn open"

"Now class, since we are done and Mr. Meazzy missed some of the class, we will have you teach him what we missed."

"Uh oh..." Zolty shrunk down in his seat, it wasn't that he was nervous, it's just that the other people there weren't the nicest to him.

"Go Zolty!" Zolty smiled at her innocence. Not knowing that everyone here is rude. Hell, he almost got detention for not paying attention for two seconds!

After a couple of stares and glares, Zolty was told the lesson. Until at one point a kid was being rude to Zolty, so Kin walked up to the boy.

"Who are you?"

"None of your business little girl."

"Well my daddy's a very powerful man, and if you don't say sorry to Zolty right now I'll-"

"Kin it's fine."

"Really? My daddy could eat them."

"Kin, this is normal. Just ignore it and sit down please." Kin kicks the boy in the shins and then walks and sits in the teacher's chair adding a 'hmph' when she hits the seat.

The boy snickers as this happen, "What's she gonna do. Call her mom and cry." He says in a mocking tone.

"My mummy's dead dickhead!" she yells.

Zolty turned to her, giving her an apologetic look. While the boy turned to his friends, "Ooh, the girls getting angry. What are ya gonna do 'bout it? Just go screw yourself." Kin gets up, out of the chair stopping after a step.

"You don't say that about her. You've never had to do a single thing in your life, you idiot!" Kin, after proceeding, walks up to the boy and tilts her head.

"You wanna know my father's name? Do ya, do ya!?

"Oh no. She's gonna lie to scare me. The horror." He says very sarcastically.

"My father's name is Lucifer. You wanna know what he taught me?"

"Kin, calm down. You don't need to do anything, just. Go back with Sapphire."

Kin smiles and whispers in his ear "Good luck reading." as she whips her hand across his face with a light passing over, then proceeds out the door. The boy falls to the ground, screaming. Kin skips back to the place she was staying and when she arrives yells "Sapphire I did a bad!"

Sapphire sighs as she walks back out of her room "What did you do?"

"I blinded a guy for being mean."

"Blinded him? How?"

"Father gave me my 'birthright' so I can do this." she makes a blinding light in her hand. Brighter than the sun. and then it stops.

Sapphire takes a minute, blinking away the brightness. "Wow, cool... Have you always been able to do that?"

"Yeah... or.... Sorta? Father said I could always do it but I forgot. Then before I met you he taught me."

"Fascinating... Well, let's just wait for Zolty to come back. We'll continue talking then."

"Can I tell you about what father did earlier?"

"Um... Yeah. I guess so."

"He said cus I've been good he would tell me something and do something. He told me his name. And he fixed my leg."

"What's your father's name?" Kin smiles.

"He told me only to say it when I want to get stronger. Do you have a piece of paper?"

"Yeah, I'll go get one."

Suddenly, they hear a loud groan, "This SUUUCKS!" A voice that sounded similar to Zolty yelled.

"Zolty! You're safe. Did the mean boy do anything else mean?"

"What mean boy?"

Zolty walks in through the front door, "It was Jeremy again. He's blind now. I've been suspended. For a month..."

"Yay!"

"What?!"

"Doesn't that mean you can hang out with me?"

"Well yeah, but I really liked it there. They had some strange people."

"I'm strange. So is mommy. Can we visit her?"

Zolty pauses for a second, remembering that her mom's dead. He calmly, contrary to a few seconds ago, says "Yeah, okay. Where is she?" His tone left Sapphire confused.

"Purgymory... no..... Purga.... Purga.... Pugatory!"

"How are we going to get to purgatory?"

"Well, I can ask Michael... I don't know where Mikey is though."

"So, tell me honestly. Are you being serious? Your dad is the arch-god whatever of hell?"

"No daddy's not. Father is though. And mommy was.... Love I think.... Michael is..... I don't remember."

Zolty sighed, he now knew. He was housing a literal demon. Sapphire still didn't understand, but Zolty's switch of emotions got her to somewhat understand.

"You mean... She... Is... A... D-... Demon?" Sapphire asked, somewhat scared now.

"A what? I could ask father to explain it if you want?"

Zolty sadly nods to Sapphire, both then look at Kin nin a whole new light "Kin, I know you don't understand. We don't either, but, it will be really hard to live with someone like you around. I know this may seem a bit overly exaggerated, but you might have to leave soon." Kin nods and hugs Sapphire.

"Thank you. You are the first people since mommy left to be nice." she slightly cries into Saph's shirt.

Sapphire looks to Zolty, "But we can't just leave her to fend for herself. We know how to fight."

"We don't know how to fight whatever may come to her, you know the stories."

"Do you want me to let father explain it to you? I can't tell you it all. He can."

"Saph, we can't just let her stay without anything. I mean, have you ever seen what they will do? The stories say the angels killed people brutally. I don't think I could take that. Or let someone else take it."

"Listen to me!" says Kin loudly. Gaining both of their attentions. "If you want me to stay I can have father explain. If not I can go. I can live, daddy won't get me again."

"Go ahead, I want to hear the entire thing." Says Zolty, in a deadly serious side that Sapphire has never seen from him before. Kin starts staring blankly, then her eyes get coated in a pure purple fire.

"What she says is true I am her father. Lucifer the 2nd archangel. My mark is in her arm. The mark of darkness. She can never be allowed into hells hands again, for she balances for both good and bad. Possessing both. Her pocket will possess a small ball. When she needs it. It will give her my sword. The only weapon you will have to kill demons or angels. I cannot guarantee she will protect you. But she will make sure you don't leave this realm."

Sapphire looked to Zolty, who, for once, seemed to know this situation better than her. Zolty frowned "Can we at least know, what would be coming after her?"

"Mere men from the looks of things but we can never be too sure. Abaddon is set on putting hell in favor again. Call for one of us four if needed. We will try to help but I cannot guarantee anything but our gratitude."

Zolty looked to Sapphire. "It's your choice, you know her better."

"Zolt we can't, she didn't choose this. She's just a little girl. What if you were her."

Zolty smiles "You always were compassionate. Can we speak to Kin now?"

"Go ahead. But if you cause my daughter any pain I will destroy you and send you to purgatory." Kin falls forward after the fire leaves her eyes.

Zolty rushes forward, catching her before she lands. She opens her eyes and starts to look more flushed, her eyes fine now. "Kin, we've chosen," Zolty says in a sad, yet serious tone.

"What is it?" she says seriously, watching Zolty intently.

"Well... Ya'see... " He starts looking down. "We uh... Decided... " He looks up smiling "That you need us. And it's more fun with you around." Kin's mouth gapes and she looks at Sapphire for confirmation, Sapphire smiles while nodding. Kin looks at Zolty and hugs him, she starts to cry intently.

"Thank you. I love you."

"Shh, it's okay. Just remember us as... Parents?" He says while looking at Sapphire for confirmation.

"Parents? Uh, like... Me... And you?"

"Well yeah!"

"S-sure! That's fine with me." Kin lets go of Zolty and runs over to Sapphire and goes on her tiptoes.

She whispers "I love you more though." Sapphire chuckles at that. Kin thinks "Do we have anything for me to change into?" she says pointing at her blatantly ripped crop top.

"Uh, Saph. Would you mind going with her to get new clothes? It's a girl thing." Zolty says somewhat jokingly.

"Yeah, sure. Come on Kin, let's go."

"Don't forget money."

Sapphire then realized, she forgot money. "Since when do you remember everything and I don't?"

"Since now, go on." He says while throwing her some random bills he found on the table.

"Don't you have a......... uh............... Credit card?"

"Yeah, but only for emergencies. Now shoo!" Kin walks out the door and waits for Sapphire. When saphire gets out Kin jumps.

"Yay! shopping. I've never been."

"Well, let's just go. We'll go to the place I always like shopping."

Timeskip to when Kin finds the right clothes.

"Thank you, ma'am, that will be $27.83."

"No problem. Here you go." Sapphire says, pulling out the right amount. If only 2.17 over. She was always good at math like that. But nonetheless, they take it. Kin smiles and grabs the clothes. They head out of the store showing they are in a mall.

"Can we get a............... what was it......................... I don't know...... Do you?"

"A what? Food?"

"Uh.... Its swirly..... I saw it on one of the stores. It looks like ice cream but you eat it with a straw."

"Like a milkshake?"

"Yeah... A... Milkshake."

"Yeah, sure. Why not?" Sapphire started walking, with Kin walking beside her, carefully. Making sure not to get the clothes damaged. They eventually make it to the shake shop. Kin stops and looks at the list of flavors.

"That's a lot." she says amazed by the list.

"Not really, which one do you want?"

"There's more?!" she says opening the menu. "What's the best?" she says looking at Sapphire.

"Yes, just chose one. A lot of them are good."

"But you know all the flavors..................."

"But it'll take away the surprise. You'll love it."

"What's Zolty's favorite?"

"Zolty would like us to get home, so chose."

"What do I know about ice cream? I grew up with a room lit by hellfire."

"Well, just try one. You might like chocolate, or... Basically everything." Kin looks again then see's a specialty called "angels delight" vanilla, french vanilla, vanilla extract, marshmallow, and whipped cream. "Cool, now that that's over with. We just have to wait." Sapphire walked up to the line, there were three people already there. The place was full of bright colors, from green to yellow. The walls were mostly white, with dots of seemingly random color everywhere.

"This place is pretty..... Like you!"

"Thanks. It is pretty, I think you'll be happy when you get it." The first person walks away, looking happy with their choice of milkshake. Looking as though it was chocolate, the man walked away with his son.

"Does Zolty think you're pretty?"

Sapphire sighs as if she was thinking of a fantasy world. "I don't know. Maybe you should ask him." She says sounding a bit happier.

"But you are sooooooo pretty. Your eyes, hair, face. All of it! He must, right?" she says listing off things.

Sapphire smiled widely "Thank you, that is enough about him for now. Just wait so you can enjoy your milkshake. "

"Could I ask you a question, of..... Utmost.... Importance!? Where am I sleeping?"

"On the couch for now."

"Aww.... Can't I sleep with you?"

"Uhh, no thanks." The last person before them walks away, Kin jumps excitedly. When they reach the counter Kin orders. After getting the milkshake Sapphire asks for the price, the man at the counter puts in the purchase and says the price as 3.15, which Sapphire paid with no problem.

"So why can't I sleep with you? We're both girls."

"Because it would be strange. We'll get you something comfier one day."

"Well then... I'm seeing if I can sleep with Zolty then," she says pouting. To this, Sapphire snickers. Kids. She thought. "And you can sleep knowing that he's sleeping with me, not you!" she says sticking her tongue out in a childish manner.

"Good luck with that..."

"I will. Even if I Have to... su.... Suruse.... No.... Subuce?.... No... Seduce! Even if I have to seduce him."

"Let's go back. We'll see his reaction to this." They walk back and when they arrive they see Zolty on the couch, flipping through tv channels. Kin walked up to Zolty sat on his lap and snaked an arm around his neck, she then traces her fingers across Zolty's jawline.

"You know I get a feeling when I'm around you Zolty and I don't know what it is. It's like a big knot in my stomach."

Zolty starts to take Kin off of him "Kin, is there something you want? You can just ask nicely."

"I want to sleep with you. Sapphire said I can't sleep with her. Even after calling her really pretty."

Zolty sighed, "you can sleep in my bed, yes." She hugs Zolty and kisses him on the cheek.

"Thank you!" she then scurries off happily.

Sapphire walks up to Zolty, seeming surprised. "Did that..."

Zolty nodded, "Hey Saph... This... Never mind." As that happened, they went on with their day. Until the night, Kin was brushing her teeth and tripped hitting her head off the wall. Landing in the bathtub.

"Oww!" She cried out in pain. Causing Sapphire to run in to see what happened.

"Kin, are you alright?"

Kin rubs her head but winces, "I've, oww been through, ow worse than, oww this." With every time she touches her head saying 'oww'.

Sapphire sighs "Kin, what happened?"

" I, oww fell." She says.

"Oh, okay. Get up, let's just go to sleep." Sapphire walks up to Kin, lifting her up by her arm. Kin gets changed and goes to Zolty.

"So how's this gonna work?" She asks Zolty.

"You go to sleep. Then wake up in the morning, and live life."

"No... The bed thing."

"You sleep in the bed. I sleep on the couch."

"But you'll be uncomfy. Why can't we share?" she asks.

"Just go to sleep."

"But.... I want to get back at Sapphire."

"What did she do? And how would this be getting her back?"

"She said 'You can't sleep with me.' after rejecting all of my questions. Then after I said I'd ask you I said I'd sleep with you. And since she said I wouldn't I want to prove her wrong. Getting back at her."

"So you just wanted me to sleep with you to make her mad..."

"And that couch is like a rock... But mostly the first one. It started with the first one."

"Okay, well. No. You can sleep in my bed alone."

"Then how can I get Sapphire back.... Can I make breakfast?"

"Just wait. Maybe I'll help you one day."

"But she won't remember she's too old........."

"She's not that old. Wait... Are you calling me old too there?"

"Aren't you younger than her?"

"We're the same age..."

"Really... but wouldn't she be like 20... and you're like 18... aren't you?"

"We're both 19."

"Then.... Are you old?"

"Just go to bed..."

"Can we get her back tomorrow? Nothing big... Maybe we could put her hand in a cup of water?"

"We'll have to see. Now, I'm getting tired, so you" He said while slightly pushing her back to the room "Can go to bed."

She skips away and heads to Zolty's room, it has yellow walls, the bed being blue with some red on the blankets. There is a dresser with some neatly tucked in clothes, Kin walks over to Zolty's bed and sits on it, memorizing the room. "It's different than what I'm used to... but I guess I grew up royal." She shrugs and lays on it. Not daring to mess up the bed as she knows she won't get cold. She wakes up to a bright light while she hears Sapphire saying

"Wake up."

"Five more minutes," Kin says lazily.

Sapphire sighs and walks up to her "You have exactly five minutes."

"3 hours?"

"4 minutes and 50 seconds.".

"Okay." Kin goes back to sleep, while Sapphire goes out of the room. Waiting until 4 minutes later. Then, she walks in and says the same thing, waking Kin up yet again.

"Mommy?" Kin says.

"No, just Sapphire. Wake up." Kin looks at Sapphire then makes a disappointed noise, showing she really wished it to be her mother.

"But didn't you guys say you are my mommy and daddy now?" She says inquisitively to Sapphire, showing her immense confusion.

Sapphire sighs, "Sure, yeah. Whatever. Just wake up. I don't need both of you not waking up."

"But Zolty was making the round fluffy things...." she looks at Sapphire sadly.

"What?"

"Like the other day but round, Like my old mommy, used to make, their round, fluffy y'know. Round fluffy things."

"What round fluffy things?!"

"LIKE WHAT WE ATE YESTERDAY! Y'know Round big fluffy you pour the sticky stuff on 'em. Those."

"Like a pancake?"

"Zolty said something like that... yeah, he said pancake or waffle I think."

"Okay, well, let's get some of that then. As soon as I wake Zolty up." Kin smiles deviously.

"Can I wake him up?" Sapphire frowns,

"No," Sapphire says as she walks out of the room.

"But why!!!" Kin pleaded

"Because you'll do something bad," Sapphire says as she starts walking to the couch that Zolty's on, only to hear,

"But I want to get you back not Zolt!"

"Then what are you gonna do?"

"Well, Zolt said he would help me get you back... I was.... Plotting."

"What were you plotting...?"

"Getting you back."

"For what?"

"Not letting me sleep with you."

Sapphire pauses, thinking on the stupidity of the situation.

"Now can I wake up Zolty?" Kin asks, obviously fed up with this little game.

"No, I'll get him," Sapphire says, not really trusting Kin yet.

Kin walks away mumbling, but one part catches Sapphire's ear, "Fucking piece of shit bitch."

"Excuse me?!" Sapphire asks angrily.

"You heard me!" snaps Kin, poison dripping off her words. Her fist's tightening at her sides as she heads into Zolty's room. Sapphire sighs.

"Kids." She says before walking to the couch that Zolty was sleeping on. She sighed, just looking at him for a moment while smiling to herself. She did this for about a minute before reaching down to his shoulder and shakes him. He, of course, doesn't wake up, so she shakes harder, again, he doesn't wake up. She starts to get slightly annoyed, she once again shakes. This time, she wasn't paying as much attention.

"BOO!" A suddenly loud voice shouts, scaring Sapphire so much that she jumped back about two feet, then fell flat on her butt. When she looked back up, she saw Zolty laughing his head off.

"Zolt!" Sapphire says angrily after getting out of her state of shock.

"Ha... You should've... Seen... Yo ha... Your face!" Zolty says, not being able to talk because he was laughing too much.

"Come on, Zolt! There's a problem here!" Sapphire yells, crossing her arms as if she was a child again.

"What? Is it that you get scared too easily?" Zolty asks jokingly, obviously trying to get on her nerves. Sapphire takes a deep breath before talking again, she needed to calm her racing heart. She shakes her head, before saying,

"One of us is going to have t-" Sapphire begins

"Not me!" Zolty interrupts.

"One. of us, is going to have to talk to Kin!" Sapphire says, even more agitated than before.

"...Not me." Zolty slightly whispers.

"Let me rephrase that. You are going to talk with Kin about her attitude." Sapphire says, obviously trying to hide how angry she is.

"What if I said no?" Zolty asks, knowing this will just get on her nerves more. He was a good friend like that.

"If you say no I swear- You know what, I'm just going to talk to Kin and you can sleep on the couch for the rest of the week," Sapphire says stomping her foot and turning to Zolty's room.

"Kin!" Sapphire yells to get her attention.

"I don't wanna!" Kin yells through the door.

"You don't even know what I'm going to say!" 'What is with that? That's two people in a row.' Sapphire thinks. She walks closer to Zolty's room.

"But I just want to lay here!" Kin yells, "I don't wanna do nothing!"

"Then we'll go do something!" Sapphire yells back.

"Zolty should have cleaned his room before!" Kin yells ignoring Sapphire. "There's underwear on his bedpost..... They're yellow."

"Just get out here!'"

"Can I get dressed first?!'

"You were dressed 10 minutes ago!"

"It's hot in here!"

"Did you go under the covers?!"

"No, I'm on the floor!"

"Then get off the floor!"

"You wanted to know if I was under the covers!" Kin yells begrudgingly.

0