Chapter 414: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 8
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Last time I couldn't enter the castle because there is no need for it. At the invitation of the leader of this land, I, along with Brother Sas and Savel, Kara, Mara, Marianne, Liya, and Soerjadi will enter the castle while the others take their well-deserved rest. Technically, they could continue installing the mana core, but there could be problems if some of the mana core isn't protected by my spell, and to avoid those headaches in the future, we all agree that it's better to stop for a moment, at least until I'm free of whatever they wanted me to do. 

The castle is somewhat unique. It's built on an island where the main road is used. From what I understand, it's like an extension of the main road itself, so the materials used here are almost the same as the one in the middle of this country. Almost the same, because it's stronger and nicer. I guess their ancestors must have a limited budget and prioritize the castle with better material. 

The interior of the castle reflects the nature of this country. Each of its pillars has something unique from each island, whether it's a coral trident filled with pure water mana or a statue of a strange mermaid, it's definitely an unforgettable experience. 

The hall where everyone is gathered is large. I'm sure it's bigger than the one in Amleth or Emas. Maybe only the Devil King's castle is bigger. It makes sense, since there are many islands here, so many of their representatives will gather should the need arise, hence the need for a large gathering hall.

The Highest Leader, sometimes interchangeably called as a king by outsider, is still waiting for other to arrive

"Wandering Sage is also here" [Diana].

"Looks like almost everyone has arrived. For Sir Wandering Sage, please take a seat."

"My pleasure" [Joseph].

This is more of a cushion than a chair. A very comfortable water cushion. It comfiness. This makes me want one for myself! Maybe I can ask them later where they buy it, so that I can put it in Werehouse. Yes! I'll definitely ask either of them later! I'm sure they wouldn't mind telling me.

Just like other nobles who want something for themselves, they start talking even before the meeting officially begins. I guess that's the nature of such people. I can see them in Amleth, Emas, even in the Elven Kingdom. Not that I don't understand. Even I talk before every meeting, especially when I want something very badly. Fortunately, they don't really start begging me to help them, but rather

"Sir Soerjadi, if you would please tell us what happened this morning". 

"Yes, I'll do that" [Soerjadi].

A summary of what happened. Rather than me speaking, I'm sure that someone influential like him is better suited to convey this information. After all, if it were me, I'm sure some of them would still have their doubts, which is fine with me, but it will definitely cause tension and trouble in the future, so let's not do that.

"As far as I know, Young Lady Diana Vars has received countless invitations from other leaders. May I ask, have you and would you respond to any of them?"

"So far. None." [Diana]

"Very well. I hope you will continue to do so."

"Will do." [Diana]

"Sir Wandering Sage, if I may, may I ask you to summarize your findings?" 

"It would be my pleasure" [Joseph].

Are they friends? At the very least, has the highest leader of this country worked with Wandering Sage before? It is possible. They seem to respect each other, which reminds me of Wandering Sage and the Elder Turtle. 

From what Sir Wandering Sage mentioned, it's almost the same as what Nar and Sas speculated. Wandering Sage even gave statistics and went even deeper into the reasons why each island wanted the offspring. Whether it was to boost their economies or to better defend themselves, Wandering Sage presented it so succinctly that none of us had any questions. A wisdom of his that's definitely something I wanted to achieve.

"I see. If I may ask everyone here, please do not interfere with the birth of the Lake Guardian's offspring, and definitely do not try to capture it. At worst, we don't want our island to be devoured by the Lake Guardian. The damage will be severe if we incur its wrath."

"But if we get the priestess' help, wouldn't it be more beneficial?"

"That's definitely true, and I can see that. However, she is not our citizen. She has her own duty to fulfill. Therefore, for the sake of our country, it's better for us to let the Lake Guardian's descendants go free".

With this proclamation, the discussion became even more heated. Our side is trying to protect me, even their highest leader is doing the same. Others still insist that I try. From Sas telling them that it's up to me to decide whether to help them or not, to Soerjadi supporting the highest leader. At the end of the day, a vote is taken and the result is in my favor. There are still some who aren't happy with it, but I don't pay attention to them.

"Am I glad that the leader is a wise one" [Sas]

"Did he have a connection with the Wandering Sage?" [Diana]

"If I'm not mistaken, they are friends" [Soerjadi].

"No wonder" [Kara]

"For now, how about we greet the highest leader. Soerjadi, if you would" [Savel]

"Sure. I don't think he'd mind" [Soerjadi].

And so we met the Highest Leader and had a little cup of hot tea. I also asked where I could get a comfortable water cushion for myself, and he gave me one for free! I'm so lucky!

0