Chapter 420: Connecting Amleth to Elven Kingdom part 14
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sas is currently in a stalemate. He's not supposed to leave the castle. He should be captured, but no one can even arrest him. The knights are choking on his great miasma, while the mages are of no use in the spell competition. As of now, he's threatening the royalty because of what we discussed yesterday. I may not have heard much about Nar, but I can say for sure that he's doing the same thing" [Joseph].

"I can confirm that" [Jean].

"I'm glad we can trick them somehow. If it comes to a fight, I'm sure we'll have a hard time trying to minimize the damage to both sides, but luckily, Werehouse did a great job" [Randy].

"I'm glad that Master Brokkr and the others are doing a fantastic job of improving Werehouse" [Savel].

"But that doesn't mean it's over. We still have to stay on our toes" [Linda].

"The next time they come back, it'll most likely end in a fight" [Oreforged].

"As much as I hate to say it, you're right" [Elegast]

"Sir Giant, please protect everyone as planned. We will be the ones fighting if the worst comes to the worst" [Farhana].

"Understood." 

"Having the giants on our side makes me feel better" [Kat].

"But they're not to be taken lightly either. Those fools, if they are just under one banner, they will definitely be able to win against us" [Dana]

"Do you want to rest?" [Marianne]

"No thank you Lady Diana Vars" [Diana]

"You jest" [Marianne]

"Well, the disguise works" [Mara]

"I'm glad me and the succubi did a great job" [Neloufa].

We came back and coincidentally Wandering Sage came back with some Grugach as well, while we updated each other on what we learned so far. I take a bottle of water from Marianne (who is disguised as me to confuse Kor's army) and gulp down the water, thanking the goddess for quenching my thirst.

Nar and Sas are still in the castle, and they are not budging from their demands. The monarch couldn't do anything, but they're also stubbornly refusing to acknowledge our demands, hence the aforementioned stalemate. 

An army from both sides came yesterday and demanded to know the whereabouts of the Grugach, for which they play dumb and say nothing. They demanded an inspection especially inside of Werehouse. Randy complies on the condition that he follows them to prevent anything valuable from being stolen. That's just an excuse. 

Werehouse can transform, and it's a living house, so it can safely hide the Grugach. Whether it's just changing rooms or confusing the soldier with tricks, Werehouse does it all, and it's also thanks to Randy, who convinces them that Werehouse is all there is. Obviously they're not happy, but they couldn't help it, especially when Kara and Mara decided to call Auntie Amleth if they didn't leave.

"Here, some food for you" [Adnan].

"Please, let me see your injury" [Veronica].

"Is there anything else you want?" [Auger]

"For now, get some rest" [Stacy]

"There are more of them. Our supplies might not last if this keeps up" [Liya]

"I can just steal from them if it gets worse. Besides, I still have some supplies in my item box" [Diana].

"So do I" [Linda]

"There's a forest nearby. I can hunt for meat" [Dana].

"And leave them defenseless? Let me do it instead" [Elegast].

"A noble elf like you?"

"Former noble. Also, I would like to be referred to as an elf under Her Highness Queen Amleth, if you would" [Elegast].

"You really have changed... For the better. If only Alagast were here" [Farhana].

"Unfortunately, our younger brother has chosen to follow in our father's footsteps to the extreme" [Elegast].

While we are resting, we have updated the situation with Aunt Amleth, who is trying to contact Nar and Sas. It is theoretically possible, but the connection will definitely be unstable and can be broken at any time. 

"And now it's ready" [Einstein].

"I hope this thing can really fly!" [Asterion]

"For a last-minute project, I'd say it's pretty good." [Apollo]

"What do you mean, pretty good? It's still not complete! In my vision, this mana core can stay afloat for up to 2 weeks without recharging, and yet it can only do so for a maximum of 96 hours! I wanted it to be able to withstand even the fiercest thunderstorm, but unfortunately, it's not possible with the limited time and materials at hand!" [Einstein]

"That... Sounds impressive already" [Asterion]

A floating core, so we can try to communicate with Nar and Sas. On the line are Aunt Amleth and others, Princess Siti, representative of Philip and Indo, all trying to connect to Nar and Sas until a click.

"Sir Nar Vars speaking" [Nar].

"Sir Sas Vars here" [Sas]

0