Chapter 3: Queen Amleth, Nar and Sas part 1
666 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am hungry. Normally, I hunt everything that's edible, from fish to rats, just to satisfy my ever-growing hunger. In this open field, I see few wild animals that are edible. The fast, agile rabbit, always cautious, the birds flying through the sky, and the lone snake that seems to be hunting the rabbits.

(No glass shards, no knife or fork for a quick kill, but...) [Diana]

I just chant an ice arrow a few times, targeting all the animals I saw. It is fun, yes, it is fun indeed, to be able to use magic without a care in the world, I feel free, I feel good, but...

"Sorry Mr. Snake, your flesh will be appreciated" [Diana].

With all these magic that I used, only the snake will be my dinner tonight. Being able to use magic and being able to use magic properly are two different things. I feel disappointed, I guess in this weird adult language. I thought I could get all the meat I wanted with the ice arrow magic just now.

Gathering some dry wood, I use simple fire magic on it, and using earth magic, I make a pot, fill it with water, take some herbs and spices that are available in the wilderness, and start to heat the water so that the herbs and spices mix well with the water. Meanwhile, I started peeling the skin off the snake. This snake looks really good, better than the strange sick looking animal and monster from the village, so much so that my stomach keeps rumbling and rumbling as I go.

"♫ Snake soup, snake soup, here I go. Snake soup, snake soup will be delicious ♫" [Diana].

Delicious to my tongue and stomach. Throw the meat into the pot and

"You! Who are you? What is a little girl like you doing here all alone?" [?]

A group of people in a convoy, most of them looks like soldiers and guards. They're dress like those going to war. They startle me, but

"Are you trying to steal my snake soup!?" [Diana]

I am so hungry to run, and I wanted to eat. Maybe it's because the guys in the village are scarier, or maybe it's because the fairies' blessing tells me it's okay, or maybe it's both, but I don't feel any malicious intent coming from them.

"You're scaring the poor little girl!" [Yellow-Haired Guy]

A tall, lean and yet muscular yellow-haired guy comes forward and slaps the soldier hard on the back, causing him to stumble, and the yellow-haired guy approaches me and says

"Steal your snake soup... Hmm... Maybe. It sure looks nutritious" [Yellow Hair Guy].

"I knew it!!! You thief" [Diana]

"Hahahaha" [Yellow Hair Guy]

Must protect the soup! Must protect the soup from that yellow hair guy. I don't know why he's laughing like a maniac, but I already don't like him! 

"Nar, you and your teasing" [Black-haired guy].

"Oh come on Sas, you know I like to play with kids" [Nar]

Nar... Sas... wait... Could they be...

~Growl~

"Oops. My bad, my bad. Hey, brat, you want some bread? Come on, or your stomach will continue to growl like a hippocampus" [Nar].

"I HATE YOU!" [Diana]

Somehow I felt embarrassed! He lifts me up while I protest and protest, I keep telling him to put me down, and yet he keeps laughing. I'm glad that he has no malicious intent, but that doesn't mean I agree with the way he treated me.

As he prepares his own soft bread and grilled meat, with some fresh looking cold milk, he brings out his own plate and serves me his own portion of food with me. The tall guy with long black hair called Sas also shares his melted cheese with me.

"Hey! Don't just throw what you don't like at that girl!" [Nar].

"Why not. She seems malnourished" [Sas].

"Just say you don't like the cheese, and why do you have melted cheese you don't like in the first place?" [Nar]

"Hmm... Why was that again? Care to remind me?" [Sas]

"How should I know!" [Nar]

"You two, Her Highness Queen Amleth's servant is still preparing food for Her Majesty, how dare you eat before Her Majesty herself can take a bite!" [?]

Are they really the Nar and Sas that the guy in the village is talking about? If so, my image of them as beastly, hard-driving warriors quickly crumbles. If anything, they're funny, like really funny, but also annoying. You see, the nice looking sister keeps saying something, and yet they (mostly Nar) use me as an excuse to start eating, saying that they feel sorry for me with my poor looking condition.

"I agree. If not, that wild girl will start eating whatever that weird snake-looking thing is" [Sas].

"I'm not a wild girl, and don't call my soup weird! I hunt the snake myself!" [Diana]

"Okay... What part of what you just said doesn't scream "wild girl"?" [Nar]

"Will a wild girl dress like a princess?" [Diana]

I stand up and twirl around so they can see this gorgeous red dress that I'm so proud of, I'm sure they're blind and rude, calling me a wild girl when this red dress makes me look like a princess.

"Ohh cute"

"Very princess-like"

"You got yourself a good dress, young lady."

See, the other response is exactly how I want it and yet 

"Where did you steal it?" [Nar, Sas]

Nar said in a joking manner, while Sas asked the question in a serious tone.

"Looks like you're having fun" [?]

"Your Majesty!" [Nice looking sister]

Your Majesty, now that I think about it, the nice looking sister mentioned that Queen Amleth was nearby, so

"May I join you, little girl?" [Queen Amleth]

The short hair with the color of a dark golden brown, wearing a blue battle dress and a long sword at her waist approaches me. She looks stern, yet beautiful at the same time. Her dark red colored eye fascinated me.

"Sure" [Diana].

I just answer, not knowing what I just did was rude.  

14