Chapter 11: Friends?
388 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Some of your flaws stick with you for life… in my case, at least. 

 

For years, I’ve trained and trained. Though I have gotten better – the control of my Qi is way off. The energy flows into my body in an instant, and it flows out in an instant. 

 

No matter how hard I train to focus, I cannot keep this energy stored within me for more than 3 spells. Every 3 spells I use, my entire Qi drains out of my body. 

 

But – of course. I had a way to deal with the problem too. My Qi might drain faster than anyone else’s, but I can also gather Qi faster than anyone else. So, for the past years… That’s what I’ve trained for. Gathering Qi as fast as I could. 

 

///

Mother Chang’e visited me every single full moon and taught me a few spells of hers too. As always, Chao Mei took great care of me. Now, the two most important people in my life were my two new Moms. 

 

Mei taught me about cultivation every day, and we continued to live together, happily. 

 

Chang’e explained the situation with the Fraud Gods of Xian to Mei too. So, the shrine in our garden no longer had the statue of a Xianese God. It now had a statue of a blue Goddess, Chang’e. 

 

However, it is still not time for us to make our move against these Gods. I must cultivate Qi, learn more spells, gather more Soul energy, and pass on to the higher gates. For now, I have not even reached the very first gate of Cultivation. 

 

Chang’e also taught me how to suppress the ‘Moon Essence’ of my body, which released a strange blue glow from my skin. If I were to use this in front of anyone other than Mei and Chang’e, I would be discovered as the heir to the Moon Goddess. 

 

After all, Chang’e was a criminal who went against the Gods of Xian itself. As her heir, I too, am a criminal. And as the one who raised me, Chao Mei had been dragged down with us.

 

But all of this was for the sake of the world, after all. 

 

And now… I am a 12-year-old boy. 

 

Throughout the years, a little has changed in my life. Though, some of the things I loved were the same as before. 

 

Mei no longer took baths with me because I am a growing boy now. I had to shower alone. So, I could no longer gaze at her naked body. 

 

However, she still gave me the boob hugs and permission to touch her boobs from time to time. Though, not as always as I did when I was younger. I had larger meals. I learned to cook some stuff by myself too. I read the stories when I go to sleep now… and I owned a laptop and a phone too. 

 

The technology had developed a bit too much over the years and – many more technological advancements that I did not have the chance to see on Earth, I could see here. 

 

Online shopping had drones. Cars drove by themselves. Some androids even cultivated Qi. 

 

It is the year 2034 now. 

 

Even though this life was Heaven on Earth, I had a few minor problems. One of them was that I was not allowed to go outside much. Not like I needed more than Mei and Chang’e, but I still haven’t seen anything beyond this town. 

 

My restrictions were due to the Fraud Gods. And my control of Moon Essence. No matter how hard you suppress it, the moment your Qi is being overused, the Moon Essence will take over your body. 

 

But today – it was different. 

 

Earlier this morning, Mei was on a call with someone. It was from Yu Meiling, our busty neighbor. 

 

Apparently, they were going on a girl’s night out today – and they needed a babysitter. I didn’t hear who the babysitter was… but whoever it was, this meant only one thing. I am finally going out of the house. 

 

However – it was also a full moon day, so I wonder if she is going to let me go to another house. There will be Mother Chang’e coming today, after all. 

 

The day continues until evening with not much spoken of this babysitting or girl’s night out, and suddenly it is tea time. 

 

“Xin! Dear, Mom made tea! Come down!” Chao Mei calls out from downstairs. I was in our room, reading an article about the Heaven's Gate which had just been released two days ago. 

 

“Coming Mother!” I yell back at her, jumping out of the bed. 

 

I run down the stairs and take a seat on the couch and switch on the tv. Mei comes and takes a seat right beside me, placing the tea on the small table before us. 

 

The news at tea time is on. I sit back on the couch and place my feet on the table. 

 

“Still not gonna watch cartoons, are you?” Mei asks me with a smirk, raising her eyebrow. 

 

I nod pridefully. “The news interests me more these days,” I reply. 

 

She giggles. Then, she caresses my hair and places my head on her lap. 

 

“So so… I need to ask you one thing,” she says, looking at the news. 

 

“Do say.”

 

“Um… well, Mommy is going out today… with some friends. So, I wonder if it’s ok–” 

 

“It’s ok, Mom. I can be alone,” I respond before she finishes. After all, I am 32 year old at this point. Why the hell should I be afraid of staying home alone? 

 

She stares down at me with wide eyes from the shock. “Oh well – I know you’re a smart child… but staying alone is not the case here.” 

 

I look up at her, confused. “Then what?” 

 

“You know, it’s been a long time with just you and me – and your Mother Chang’e. But Chang’e and I discussed last month to let you make more… friends. It’s bad parenting if we do not allow our child to make any friends in their childhood, no?” 

 

I keep silent upon hearing this. I have no answer to give. It is true that I want to go out and explore a little on my own, but making friends wasn't my thing – even in my past life. 

 

But… I wonder what kind of friends I can make in this new life. This life is a new start, after all.

 

“Hmm… no? You don’t like anyone else other than your moms?” 

 

“Um um…” I try to catch a word to escape this. I can’t say that I don’t like them! 

 

“Well… it is good to meet more people, I guess. So, I think that is a great idea?” I say, doubtfully. 

 

Chao Mei grins at me widely and claps her hands. “Yay! It’s decided then… I’ll tell Meiling that you want to see new friends too! Wait for me, little guy –” she cries out, placing me back on the couch. 

 

Suddenly, she rushes out of the living room, probably to call Meiling. 

 

Now, I’m lying on the couch alone, staring at the ceiling. A sudden fear comes over me. More people? 

 

Strangers. 

 

Kids. 

 

Memories of me getting bullied as a kid flow back to me. The kicks. The guys who called me “Ugly beanpole.” The girls who rejected me and made fun of me back in 10th grade. They all flow into my mind. 

 

I shake my head, sitting up on the couch. That fear I felt back then crawls up my skin again, but I resist it. 

 

No. I am no longer ugly. No longer helpless. Neither am I a foolish kid. 

 

“This time, it’ll be different,” I mutter, lying back on the couch in the same spot. “This time… I’ll be the guy on the top of the food chain.” 

//Author’s Note//

 

Yo, peeps! You enjoying it? Then go ahead and leave a comment and a review! Also, more power stones and support means more daily chapters! Have a great day fools! 

13